Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Not sure if the CBC feed had the dipshit fan standing on his seat so that his head kept blocking the camera. If so, probably the only thing that fans of both teams could agree on.

Ha! And then later Vegas shot off all that damned confetti right in front of the camera.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How 'bout those Stars! It's fun seeing guys who used to play here in Austin.
Let's go Stars! On to the next round.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
Not sure if the CBC feed had the dipshit fan standing on his seat so that his head kept blocking the camera. If so, probably the only thing that fans of both teams could agree on.

Ha! And then later Vegas shot off all that damned confetti right in front of the camera.

I know there isn’t much some of these places can do. But god the camera locations are awful in some of the arenas.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:
How 'bout those Stars! It's fun seeing guys who used to play here in Austin.
Let's go Stars! On to the next round.

Bleh. If only both Dallas and St. Louis could lose. Hate them both. At least the Preds just saved me a couple thousand dollars and freed up a lot of time.

clm
Nashville, TN
Last edited by: ironclm: Apr 23, 19 5:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"free time" ? Might I recommend must see TV for the next 2 nights with eastern conference game 7's? Sorry for your loss. Next season is just around the corner.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
"free time" ? Might I recommend must see TV for the next 2 nights with eastern conference game 7's? Sorry for your loss. Next season is just around the corner.

I'll keep an eye on the Caps - Canes game score and check SJ - Vegas in the morning (cause I'm not staying up that late). We have the NFL Draft starting here Thursday, so it will be party time this weekend.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And all of Canada goes out in the first round
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rask was outstanding tonight, held the fort as the Leafs owned the second period and had a huge save in the 3rd after Kuraly's goal to keep it from being a one-goal game.

Leafs did a great job all series of shutting down the first line and not giving a burner like DeBrusk room to work. Great to see the grinders on the 3rd and 4th line lead the scoring tonight. Also great to see Brandon Carlo have another huge game on D.

Home ice going forward where they now have the top seed.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the end Rask was Better tonight, I don't know what's going on with Andersen and game 7 but it's been a issue his whole career, as Babs said after the game. "they threw pucks at the net and it went in". Something be to done in the off season, we will see.
Last edited by: 50+: Apr 23, 19 19:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Who you got?

I got BleP... curled up in the fetal position, crying incoherently. The Bruins savage the Maple Lafs again.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the other hand, it is very reassuring that hell hasn't frozen over.

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol! I came here to post the Seinfeld 'thats a shame' gif.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The greatest saying in sports:

Game 7 overtime.

What a 3rd period in San Jose.

I know it’s banned but.....Wow, just wow.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
And all of Canada goes out in the first round

And another decade goes by without a Canadian team winning the Stanley Cup. Ouch. Apparently the Canadians suck at hockey. Sad.

USA!! USA!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much do you want to bet that the team that eventually wins has more Canadians then Americans on it?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
How much do you want to bet that the team that eventually wins has more Canadians then Americans on it?

I'd probably take that bet. Last year's Caps roster had more Yanks than Canadians. It's an international game.

But that doesn't explain why you guys can't win it. Maybe you can explain that. Sad.

Last edited by: zed707: Apr 23, 19 23:00
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an international game...

But that doesn't explain why you guys can't win it.

It's a pretty good reason why a Canadian team hasn't won. Others would be the size of the t.v market and subsequent wealth of teams (Toronto notwithstanding), the number of Canadian vs. American teams, the salary caps making it more difficult for any team to dominate, poor management etc.

In the old days, Montreal reserved the right to draft from Quebec so they dominated for decades. Edmonton had a long dynasty for lots of reasons but mainly because they drafted good players and had the games best player. I'd say there are lots of reasons that have nothing to do with Canadian talent. Look at Olympic results and then compare the size of Canada with that of the U.S or Russia and you'd have to say we do pretty good.

Of course, Canada had by far the best baseball players in the world in 1991 and 1992 thanks to the Blue Jays but I don't remember anyone asking what the problem was with American baseball.

I just hope the Raptors win the NBA title so we can finally say Canada is better at basketball than the U.S. That will be great.

As for the Leafs, wait till next year...
Last edited by: Sanuk: Apr 24, 19 3:47
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jriosa wrote:

So true...lol It's only been 3 years since we finished last and drafted Mathews, we haven't signed Marner yet we still don't have a Captain, fans need to understand there's still work to be done, Babcock said it was a 5 year plan, still 2 years to go. Look for some major trades, Kadri? Gardiner? and more.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Game 7 overtime.

I dozed off and woke up when Pavelski was being treated. Needless to say the next 5 mins was a stunner...then the tie, then the OT.

My bracket had Vegas making it to the finals (vs. TB).

Every season, Vegas just gets worse and worse.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40-Tude wrote:
davec wrote:

Game 7 overtime.

I dozed off and woke up when Pavelski was being treated. Needless to say the next 5 mins was a stunner...then the tie, then the OT.

My bracket had Vegas making it to the finals (vs. TB).

Every season, Vegas just gets worse and worse.

I went to bed I was exhausted from having a 4 month old who is teething. Figured it was a sure thing that Vegas was gonna win. Woke up and opened the NHL app and it had Colorado playing the sharks I’m like what the hell happened.

That was a shit call. Definitely a 2 min penalty but a 5 and a game. That’s obnoxious, I can see why Vegas is pissed.

I don’t think it matters much who the Avs are playing. They’re playing on house money anyways at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
jriosa wrote:

So true...lol It's only been 3 years since we finished last and drafted Mathews, we haven't signed Marner yet we still don't have a Captain, fans need to understand there's still work to be done, Babcock said it was a 5 year plan, still 2 years to go. Look for some major trades, Kadri? Gardiner? and more.

We'll trade you PK Subban for........?

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went to bed after the second period when it was still 3-0, surprised by the result when I saw it this morning. Agree that it was a terrible call, should have only been two minutes when Pavelski got knocked into Stastny has he was heading up ice and then fell awkwardly. Hate to see him get hurt like that but it certainly wasn't worthy of a major. No initial call on the ice until after they realized that he was badly hurt, and Gallant said post-game that the ref told him that "it appeared" that he had been cross checked in the head.

That all being said, still falls to Vegas to be able to kill off the penalty

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ya, 4 goals in 4 minutes? come on, epic meltdown, maybe call a timeout after the second goal, or third!?. Vegas also could have simply won game 5, or game 6 and not have had to even play game 7. of course even after all that it came down to game 7 overtime. the entire series is won or lost based on who scores first regardless of how they got there. Bad calls happen, but the LVGN epic fail began several days ago when they had their skates on the sharks throats with a 3-1 series lead. What a fun couple of games to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good decision if you didn’t stay up late. The Capitals got beat by a team that wanted it more. It hurt seeing them play without urgency, getting out hustled to the puck.
Quote Reply

Prev Next