Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, Pastrnak does not look like himself.

Like Matthews last year, I think Pastrnak is struggling because he missed so much time near the end of the season.

I am not upset about this development.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryan Poehling had a pretty solid first game late this season. At home in Montreal he scored three goals in regulation, the third goal tied the game at 5. Then, proceeded to net the winning shootout goal. Not a true four goal debut, but there is something to be said about scoring twice under real pressure (goal to tie the game and shootout winner) your first time on NHL ice.

But yeah, 4 goals in regulation in a losing effort is also an impressive debut to the NHL.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just about to say TB was down 2-0 in the first 10min of game 4 but Stamkos just scored so 2-1 CBJ.

Still TB does not look good.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Islanders ahead and looking to sweep

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TB and CBJ trading goals now. Crazy game.

Islanders just suffocate you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TB simply being outworked and outplayed this entire series. It hurts that they’re missing their top 2 defensemen in Hedman and Stralman, but that’s no excuse. Columbus is hungry and taking it to us. The Bolts came to life a little in the 2nd period and tied the game, but then took a stupid penalty immediately. If they can somehow steal this game, you never know, but I feel a sweep coming
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sucks that such a great season can go down in flames like this! The regular season should mean something!

So if a team could choose their opponent (an idea that has been floated around) do you think there would have been a better match up then CBJ? Or is this just an epic collapse that it wouldn't have matter who they played?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TB done.

WOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buddhabelly wrote:
TB done.

WOW.

AND THE PENS!!!!!

Who picked TB to go out in the first round? I thought about it but put them out in the second.

Who picked Pitt to go out in the first round? clm raises her hand.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buddhabelly wrote:
TB done.

WOW.

I can’t say that I am horribly upset at this development.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
buddhabelly wrote:
TB done.

WOW.

I can’t say that I am horribly upset at this development.

Yup the East is wide open now, gotta say though Columbus are going to be tough to beat. GO LEAFS!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whew! I hate OT! But Jets really make this a series with a huge OT goal.

It's now a best of three.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Helliquin wrote:
If I’m being honest to myself, the Flames played pretty badly the second game and Avs deserved the win.

Flames second goal was completely against the flow and I was just waiting for Avs to blow us away. Time difference between each team in the offensive zone was ridiculous.

Brodie was bloody useless and could be blamed for at least 1 goal.

Each game is an island. Flames will respond.

Oh the Flames responded... boy did they ever respond...

By playing Netball instead of hockey.

Pitiful effort. To allow 56 shots on net... poor Smith.

At this rate they don’t deserve to go through.

At least Tampa and Pens dropping out round 1 takes the heat off us a little.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helliquin wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Helliquin wrote:
If I’m being honest to myself, the Flames played pretty badly the second game and Avs deserved the win.

Flames second goal was completely against the flow and I was just waiting for Avs to blow us away. Time difference between each team in the offensive zone was ridiculous.

Brodie was bloody useless and could be blamed for at least 1 goal.

Each game is an island. Flames will respond.

Oh the Flames responded... boy did they ever respond...

By playing Netball instead of hockey.

Pitiful effort. To allow 56 shots on net... poor Smith.

At this rate they don’t deserve to go through.

At least Tampa and Pens dropping out round 1 takes the heat off us a little.

I feel bad for Smith. That game could have been 10-2. He must have been exhausted at the end. He got absolutely no help from anyone, even if Mackinnon is currently acting like he’s playing NHL 2018 with cheat codes, they should have never got that many shots.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had TB and Pit meeting in the conference final.

Doh!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I had TB and Pit meeting in the conference final.

Doh!

Lol I looked at everyone's bracket.. Nobody had Columbus or NY advancing to the 2nd round!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One person did. TheArvyHustle has NYI going to the Conference Final.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DUUUUUUHHH!!! LOL I missed that one.. Only the guy in 1st place!!! LOL!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Happens to everyone. I like to think that I am not an idiot... well the other day I was working on a car (I do software stuff, I am not really a car guy) and the guy with me locked the hood even though the hood was open (car was on a charger so we had to trick the car into thinking that the hood was shut as part of what we were doing). Anyway, he left and I couldn't figure out how to get the damned latches to open.

It never once crossed my mind to pull the lever in the car.

I asked someone if they had any ideas as I couldn't close the hood. Slightly embarrassed when he pulled the hood lever.

Fuck me.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

You mean the only girl. 👩🏼‍🦰 👋🏻

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Happens to everyone. I like to think that I am not an idiot...

Fuck me.

Sorry to completely remove context from your quotes above. But yeah, even with context, the playoff results to date are confounding no doubt. In another post you wrote each game is an island and that about sums it up.

Avalanche and McKinnon wow! But can you see that up against the CBJ or Barry's boys and his lockdown defense?

Tampa's coach went from coach of the year front runner to maybe having his job on the line. Give Tort's the right boys in a match versus the "best boys" and he is a downright good coach. It's either that or Hedman is the lynch pin to the offensive juggernaut that was the Lightning.

Canes and their fanatics are off the chart loud and motivated for their first playoff game at home in a decade and they just throttle the Caps for 40+ minutes, and they are less 2 of their top forwards for most of the game. One team is skating on a smooth ice sheet and the other is skating in quicksand. Ovi fights for only 4th time in career and KO's the Russian kid with a vicious right. Am hoping home ice prevails through 7.

Grimaldi comes off the bench or wherever and scores 2 giving Peds a one game advantage.

Missed your win against the B's, was it a day night reversal? Officiating was respectable? Suspect still going 7?

After Caps loss, I am now convinced our series is going seven. Me thinks the Islanders and Blue Jackets are on an extended R&R break.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buddhabelly wrote:
Sucks that such a great season can go down in flames like this! The regular season should mean something!

So if a team could choose their opponent (an idea that has been floated around) do you think there would have been a better match up then CBJ? Or is this just an epic collapse that it wouldn't have matter who they played?

How much more advantage should they get? They got home advantage against the 8 seed. Are they supposed to be spotted 2 goals a game? After going up 3 - 0 in game 1 they got outscored 19 - 5. I don't follow hockey very much, but that seems bad.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
buddhabelly wrote:

How much more advantage should they get? They got home advantage against the 8 seed. Are they supposed to be spotted 2 goals a game? After going up 3 - 0 in game 1 they got outscored 19 - 5. I don't follow hockey very much, but that seems bad.

LOL LOL LOL No that does not seem bad.. ITS IS BAD! And its not like these are 1 and done games. Best of 7. Tampa simply were outplayed after period 1 of game 1.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
buddhabelly wrote:

From what I saw, they simply got outworked. There is no NHL team that is just completely shit. Take any two teams and if one goes above and beyond in the "compete" area and the other team simply tried to rely on their skill, generally the harder working team is going to win.

If Tampa had put in the same compete level as Columbus, their higher skill would have won them the series.

Tampa never had time/space to do anything. They could have done the same to Columbus but they didn't.

So... they gone.

I hope that CBJ lets it go to their heads.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ugly win but I'll take it. Leafs dominated in zone time for most of the game and kept the pressure on all night. When the Bruins had the stretches when they went up 2-0 early and then again at 4-2, they moved the puck with a purpose, skating hard to the net and making sharp passes, but for much of the game they had poor puck control and went back to those stupid drop passes in the neutral zone. Fourth line was overmatched (they really miss Sean Kuraly), yet somehow they got it done.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply

Prev Next