Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helliquin wrote:
Way to go Flames. 4-0.

Get ‘Er done.

Smitty played like a boss (finally).

Big win for the Avs. Sounds like Makar will be in the line up Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Helliquin wrote:
Way to go Flames. 4-0.

Get ‘Er done.

Smitty played like a boss (finally).

Big win for the Avs. Sounds like Makar will be in the line up Monday.

That’s desperation.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really, he’s potentially that good. There is no reason not to play him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He’s never played an NHL game. I don’t think that throwing anyone into the playoffs for their first NHL game is a good idea.

It reeks of desperation.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn Tamp is gonna blow my bracket 1st round!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
Damn Tamp is gonna blow my bracket 1st round!!

I ‘only’ had them getting to the final. Pretty sure everyone’s brackets will be busted.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Charlie McAvoy made his NHL debut in the playoffs two years ago against Ottawa when BU got bumped from the Frozen Four and the Bruins D was depleted by injuries. Yes they ultimately lost the series but he made an immediate impact, earning praise and respect from Erik Karlsson afterwards.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the Bruins were desperate.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe so, but he rose to the moment and was their best defenseman in the series as a 19-yr old kid and showed that he could handle the pressure.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I’m being honest to myself, the Flames played pretty badly the second game and Avs deserved the win.

Flames second goal was completely against the flow and I was just waiting for Avs to blow us away. Time difference between each team in the offensive zone was ridiculous.

Brodie was bloody useless and could be blamed for at least 1 goal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Maybe so, but he rose to the moment and was their best defenseman in the series as a 19-yr old kid and showed that he could handle the pressure.

Yes. He may have done well. My point still stands. I bet not one of the development staff thought “this is an ideal way to start your career”.

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Helliquin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Helliquin wrote:
If I’m being honest to myself, the Flames played pretty badly the second game and Avs deserved the win.

Flames second goal was completely against the flow and I was just waiting for Avs to blow us away. Time difference between each team in the offensive zone was ridiculous.

Each game is an island. Flames will respond.

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What crazy games!

Is Tampa going to get swept ?

We played a great game Saturday night. I think it ended up good for us that Brian Boyle was sick so they had to play Rocco Grimaldi. He is a little energizer bunny like a junior Viktor Arvidsson. Though it seems boil had an appendicitis attack. Not good.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Yes. He may have done well. My point still stands. I bet not one of the development staff thought “this is an ideal way to start your career”.

Pretty sure they’re going this is a great way to start your career currently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leafs looked much better at home. Anderson still needs to watch the rebounds, but has been solid so far. Nice to see Austin get some points. Two down, fourteen left. Go Leafs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Helliquin wrote:

Each game is an island. Flames will respond.

Oh the Flames responded... boy did they ever respond...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Yeah he’s great at running interference to help his feeble/slow D partner. I am not kidding, he’s really good at that. So good that it never gets called.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Yeah he’s great at running interference to help his feeble/slow D partner. I am not kidding, he’s really good at that. So good that it never gets called.

He shoots... he scores!.... you going to admit you may have been mistaken?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Justin Holl scored a goal in each of his first two career games.

Who?!?

Exactly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Justin Holl scored a goal in each of his first two career games.

Who?!?

Exactly.

Were they in the Stanley Cup playoffs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course not, saying that would ruin my narrative.

To be honest, I didn't watch that game so I won't comment other than to say scoring a goal doesn't necessarily mean that one had a good game. Maybe he did. I don't know. But maybe he didn't.

What I do know is that Calgary got filled in.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This of course coming from the same person who soiled himself on here when Auston Mathews made his debut and plans the parade route every October

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you mean the greatest debut in the history of the NHL?

Did you enjoy the game last night?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

I don’t even care about the goal. Sure that was cool to do. What was more impressive was the two breakouts, that he basically turned on the speed and turned everyone on Calgary and got into their zone. It’ll be scary how fast he is in a couple years after the NHL strength and conditioning coaches start working with him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good back and forth, Anderson came up big in the first when the Bruins were carrying the play. Very impressed with Marner blocking multiple shots on the last shift.

Bruins (especially the first line) looked to be fighting the puck at times. First line hasn't been given much room to operate and when they do, both Pastrnak and Marchand are either trying to do too much or get cute (I hate when Pastrnak does those little drop passes in the neutral zone). They got away from the physical play and winning the small area puck battles that helped carry them in Game 2.

Quote Reply

Prev Next