Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm loving this, three different games on now to surf through. Jets-Blues on NHL Network, Pens-Isles on NBCSN and Lightning-Blue Jackets on USA.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a shit show here last night. And why did our game start at 8:30 PM. Ridiculous.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
What a shit show here last night. And why did our game start at 8:30 PM. Ridiculous.

I was wondering why the late start as well.. I was thinking the game was in Dallas because of the late start but then I saw all the yellow in the crowd and realized it wasn't. Holy crap does everyone there in Nashville own a Pred's Jerseys???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shit show in Tampa too. Up 3-0 in the 2nd period and lose 4-3. The Lightning hadn't lost a game all year with a 3 goal lead. Stinking playoffs are always so stressful.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was impressive considering CBJ looked completely overwhelmed early on. Pens-Isles was good back-and-forth also with the Isles taking it in OT. Good to hear the fans at Nassau Coliseum in full throat like the old days where I doubt it would have been as loud at the Barclays Center.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sake wrote:
Shit show in Tampa too. Up 3-0 in the 2nd period and lose 4-3. The Lightning hadn't lost a game all year with a 3 goal lead. Stinking playoffs are always so stressful.

It’s hard to win the presidents trophy and the cup. Looks like it’s only happened 8 times in the last 34 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 8:30 start is typical for a "western" game in the first round. They start the eastern conference games earlier and to limit the overlap and maximize television revenues they start the western conference games later. Us central time zone teams get the late starts as a result (especially in the first round). But, NBCSN gets two games back to back for television!

Enjoy your next playoff game and hope your Preds give the hometown fans a show!

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
but then I saw all the yellow in the crowd and realized it wasn't. Holy crap does everyone there in Nashville own a Pred's Jerseys???

Pretty much, yes. I have my two gold ones that I rotate for games (plus my Arvidsson sweatshirt), but off the top of my head, I own 10 sweaters and 2 sweatshirts. We won't go into how many gold t-shirts I have.

#14 (current year)
#38 (now #33)
#18 All Star
#59 All Star
#33 sweatshirt
#35 sweatshirt
#30 gold
#30 St. Paddy's special
unnumbered gold signed by #59
away white signed by most of 2015/16 team

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sake wrote:

I love how the bass player from Cage the Elephant (NASHVILLE boys) had a Preds jersey on...in Tampa. I see them at our games all the time.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I saw that I was thinking of watching the sabers this year and thinking I see more jersies from other teams in the stands than I do Sabers jersies...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sake wrote:

In their 18 seasons the CBJ have only made the playoffs 5 times and won a grand total of 5 games with no series wins. I keep trying to be a fan since I work a block and a half from the arena, but they almost have to be trying to suck at this point. Tampa should be horrified. If they somehow lose this series it will go right aside UMBC beating UVA last year.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems to me they did something like this last year when they went up 3-0 to Washington (including winning the first two games in Washington) only to eventually lose the series. Tampa has nothing to worry about.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [West Side] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also now inherited the Duchene locker room cancer. So that’ll hit at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
They also now inherited the Duchene locker room cancer. So that’ll hit at some point.

What is it with that guy? Everyone here wants him so bad (and he LOVES Nashville). I say, "No thanks".

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think he thinks he’s first liner and wants number first line minutes, which he can definitely be. The problem is when he’s not playing at a first line level or not playing first line he gets 10 year oldish, gets mad and then starts over thinking and plays poorly. He’s his own worst enemy.

When Mackinnon came on board and he knew he wasn’t their top center anymore, he wanted to leave. I don’t think anyone on the Avs is upset with that move. He would have been an awesome asset to the team as a second line center, if his head was screwed on straight, but that was beneath him.

A great example of Duchene, is when he got his 30th goal a couple years ago, in the late 3rd when they were down by 5 to the Blues. Hockey players don’t celebrate that crap when they’re down by 4 still.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stars are off to a good start in the playoffs.
Their AHL affiliate is here in Austin so it's fun seeing former Austin players doing well.
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to the Leafs and Bruins tonight. That's gonna be a heck of a match up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My thoughts for what they are worth (not nuch, or so I’m told):

- Chara could not handle the Leafs speed. They need to keep attacking him.
- Mitch Marner is awesome.
- Rask looked like he was guessing all night.
- Andersen was great.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And the Leafs top line easily handled the Bruins top line. No line matching was needed. For the first time in ages I heard the announcers say the Leafs defense in the third was "smothering" the Bruins. If the Leafs can defend the way they did tonight, they will do well. 1 down 15 to go! Go Leafs!
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [TriDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Way to go Flames. 4-0.

Get ‘Er done.

Smitty played like a boss (finally).
Quote Reply
Re: 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs [TriDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, however, the Bruins will push back hard in game 2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Poor play by the Bruins in the neutral zone, Leafs able to capitalize with their speed and quick stretch passes. Credit to Anderson where he was solid under pressure.

I thought Rask played well, kept them in it where that could have easily been a blowout with the defensive miscues.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rask played well, at times...

What the hell was he doing on the penalty shot? That was a complete guess and he guessed wrong.

He also looked like he was guessing on the Nylander goal and a few minutes later he guessed again but guessed correctly.

I just thought he looked shaky.

I think mostly though the Leafs played well but the Bruins were just bad. Many turnovers and Chara was awful. I fully expect your boys to respond in game 2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
orphious wrote:
but then I saw all the yellow in the crowd and realized it wasn't. Holy crap does everyone there in Nashville own a Pred's Jerseys???

Pretty much, yes. I have my two gold ones that I rotate for games (plus my Arvidsson sweatshirt), but off the top of my head, I own 10 sweaters and 2 sweatshirts. We won't go into how many gold t-shirts I have.

#14 (current year)
#38 (now #33)
#18 All Star
#59 All Star
#33 sweatshirt
#35 sweatshirt
#30 gold
#30 St. Paddy's special
unnumbered gold signed by #59
away white signed by most of 2015/16 team

You Miss are one sick puppy! (Half smile). Your team is running straight into a a very good, but more importantly, hot goalie, might not be pretty for the Preds again.

I can say it is a lot less stressful coming into the playoffs as a fan of the defending champions. The Caps won the cup last year having lost the first game in each of their 4 series. Scream louder and your Preds will come out on top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
My thoughts for what they are worth (not nuch, or so I’m told):

- Chara could not handle the Leafs speed. They need to keep attacking him.
- Mitch Marner is awesome.
- Rask looked like he was guessing all night.
- Andersen was great.

Best game the Leafs have played in years, the Bruins looked a bit out of sorts, look for them to ready Saturday, this has the makings of being a real barn burner of a series. GO LEAFS!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next