Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon
Quote | Reply
Probably not what you were expecting...

"Scientists from the Event Horizon Telescope Collaboration will present a "groundbreaking result" from the project on April 10, according to a media advisory.

Anticipation is building ahead of the event, which will feature simultaneous press conferences in cities across the world and live streams in different languages.

"Have you heard that something is brewing on April 10th? It's no joke!" reads a tweet from the collaboration.
The collaboration, called EHT, is a global network of telescopes that has been attempting to capture the first photograph of a black hole ever."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't you own a home or boat? Pictures of Black Holes abound.
Quote Reply
Re: The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: torrey: Apr 9, 19 11:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I thought you said black ho.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:

Still can't see it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy birthday to me.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon [doug_steel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That's just a fuzzy closeup of a Cheerio.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
doug_steel wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/...environment-47873592

That's just a fuzzy closeup of a Cheerio.

I was thinking a glazed Krispy Kreme, but I could buy Cheerio too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think your photo and the black hole photo are unrelated...

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Re: The first-ever photo of a black hole is expected very soon [doug_steel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of letdown.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meh. I that in 1994.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply