Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have all the issues been resolved with the newest version? I am thinking of buying a pair. I have the first generation ones
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [AlexS321] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other than a fairly short battery life they work fine now.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really
On the Vector one I get months out of one 2023 coin battery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get about 30 to 40 hours. It varies a bit from pedal to pedal. And you can ride a while even after your Garmin complains that the pedals are low on battery.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't had any issue with mine since I received the replacement battery "cap". I haven't experienced a drop out since using the old. Battery life still does seem to be relatively short however but I just buy them in bulk and now replace every month or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlexS321 wrote:
Have all the issues been resolved with the newest version? I am thinking of buying a pair. I have the first generation ones

Well it doesnā€™t quite read the power I wish it would half the time šŸ˜

I am not having any issues with mine at this time - I fully recommend it and actually got another pair for my wife.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlexS321 wrote:

I found them useless. I got so sick of them I returned them and got a sweet deal on some Powertap P1s off the Slowtwich Circ drive
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can some one help me, just got my new pedals. Batteries were dead. Not the real just needed to vent.
Can not pair my right pedal, support is ending me new doors but after an hour of troubleshooting, Iā€™m not sure the doors are the problem.

Question is, when I do pair with my edge 520, will I see two or one power meter symbols, one for each pedal, or just the left one?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [GWcanrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GWcanrun wrote:
Can some one help me, just got my new pedals. Batteries were dead. Not the real just needed to vent.
Can not pair my right pedal, support is ending me new doors but after an hour of troubleshooting, Iā€™m not sure the doors are the problem.

Question is, when I do pair with my edge 520, will I see two or one power meter symbols, one for each pedal, or just the left one?

you shall see only 1.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
GWcanrun wrote:

you shall see only 1.

Thank you! Now will both pedals synch or just the one? On my phone on the app, still canā€™t find my right pedal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

if they dont pair on the app.. well they are going to be missing in garmin cpu.

battery not staying in contact (main reason for the battery door recall) do you have the new doors already?

I used to place a slice of cork (other thin things will work too) under the connection terminal so the contact would remain with the battery... the new doors should solve it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you got an older pair as all current units are shipping with the updates and new doors - when do you expect to receive the new doors?

The doors and software update solves the issues with the units - you can try this;

remove/uninstall the Vector 3 from you Garmin connect
uninstall the batteries from the pedals
install the right pedal batteries first then the left and let them communicate with each other
install the Vectors back on your Garmin Connect

This is assuming you have good doors or connectivity with the batteries, let us know how you make out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teddygram wrote:
It sounds like you got an older pair as all current units are shipping with the updates and new doors - when do you expect to receive the new doors?

The doors and software update solves the issues with the units - you can try this;

remove/uninstall the Vector 3 from you Garmin connect
uninstall the batteries from the pedals
install the right pedal batteries first then the left and let them communicate with each other
install the Vectors back on your Garmin Connect

This is assuming you have good doors or connectivity with the batteries, let us know how you make out!

In addition to this, I would put a very thin coating of vaseline or (ideally) dielectric grease on the batteries before re-installing. According to Garmin CS, this solves the problem most of the time, even without the new battery doors.

Edit - you should do this even with the new battery doors.
Last edited by: el gato: Aug 22, 18 10:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can I tell if I have newer battery doors on my V3s? Got them in April. They've been meh ever since.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velox canis wrote:
How can I tell if I have newer battery doors on my V3s? Got them in April. They've been meh ever since.

Please look at the first post in this thread for pictures of both old and new doors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[facepalm] thanks. read the earlier parts of this thread a few months back and just dropped in without a refresher
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, it seems I finally got the right pedal to wake up with my Edge 520. Somewhere I found a troubleshooting page for I think it was the Edge. BTW I have new doors. However, the third troubleshooting statement identified the problem and the resolve that support didnā€™t come up with. I had to go in unlink and then identify the right pedal by inputting the serial number then linking again. It worked.

Now I just need to find the most useful screen and or fields to use on the Edge 520 to help my cycling. Any help in this area would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GWcanrun wrote:
Well, it seems I finally got the right pedal to wake up with my Edge 520. Somewhere I found a troubleshooting page for I think it was the Edge. BTW I have new doors. However, the third troubleshooting statement identified the problem and the resolve that support didnā€™t come up with. I had to go in unlink and then identify the right pedal by inputting the serial number then linking again. It worked.

Now I just need to find the most useful screen and or fields to use on the Edge 520 to help my cycling. Any help in this area would be appreciated.

Glad to hear that you got it all solved! I have unlinked the right pedal before in testing some stuff and didn't even think about that!

The screen is all personal but for me I use;

3S Avg Power
NP Lap Power (lap resetting every 10 miles)
HR
Cadence
Timer (elapsed)

This is just what I use when racing - I don't worry about Speed or anything like that as I find it distracting if I am trying to stay on track with power. The HR is just there to verify that I am not cooking myself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys in the market for the vector 3 now, was wondering how everyone who owns them are now doing. Has the teething issues been resolved?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 - Updates [zinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iā€™ve had mine for about 3 months with no issues.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 year with no issues. They did send me the updated battery doors, but I didn't have a problem with those either. The pedals are extremely accurate and track perfectly with my SRM (though a few watts lower actually). Overall they are rock solid for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know about 6 people that own them. 1 of them returned the pedals vowing never to buy them again (bike shop employee who went through multiple units), 1 is in the process of getting their money back, 1 is just living with it pissed off, 2 I think are fine, and one I honestly don't know how it's working for them because they wouldn't know the difference.

I'm not sure why you would choose the more expensive Garmin's when the Faverro Assioma gets much better user reviews, is cheaper, and lighter.
Last edited by: Jason N: Apr 2, 19 10:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine's are working very good after changing to the new battery doors and battery holders, and also using now battery Energizer 2L76 CR1/3N per Garmin's recommendation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my fair share of issues with the Vector 3's. I purchased a set when they first came out and had issues with the right pedal sensor dropping.

I've lost track but I believe I'm on my 3rd pair, all replaced by Garmin @ no charge.

I think they finally got it right, as my latest pair has worked flawlessly, even after battery changes. I use CR1.3N batteries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
had mine 1yr with no problems after new door. i would buy them again.
Quote Reply

Prev Next