Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Aero but Airy Helmets
Quote | Reply
Hi guys - can anyone recommend a helmet that doesn't cook your head like a today's oven roast special but still
Maintains decent aero gains

My experience so far
Catlike Trirapid - looks great, cool on your head, feels light and doesn't float around your head, quality poor, visor broke away numerous times mid race, magnet broken, coating peeling off with every race sticker removal

Giro Aerohead - looks good, but like sticking your head in a microwave even in cool conditions

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero but Airy Helmets [keepdrilling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Vanquish and love it. For max ventilation I'd go for the Synthe... but the Vanquish comes really close re. ventilation, and is more aero. Note these (especially the Synthe) are aero road helmets. For a true aero/TT helmet, I really like the Garneau P-09. Take the plug out of the front, and the ventilation's actually pretty good.
Last edited by: surroundhound: Mar 8, 19 21:45
Quote Reply
Re: Aero but Airy Helmets [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Venge? You mean evade?
Quote Reply
Re: Aero but Airy Helmets [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crap... sorry, meant Giro Vanquish. Too many bike brands on the brain lately. ;) I'll go fix it.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero but Airy Helmets [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second the P-09. I tend to run hot, so held off any form of aero helmet until this year for reasons of venting. However had no issue at all. In fact was a strong headwind on part of the course last week, and I could feel the jet of air that comes over your head and out the tail flowing over my back at times. Loads of airflow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in SE asia - where it tends to run hot all year around - and I like racing my lazer wasp tri. Also, I heard it tested well in wind tunnel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P-09 is nice. My understanding is it tests well on most people and is still fast with lens removed.
Quote Reply
Re: Aero but Airy Helmets [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vanquish is ok in hot and humid... Not as good z1, aeon, etc as far as venting in my experience. I won't wear it every day in NC summers.
Quote Reply