Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Ever take any US History or Civics classes? Tell us what you learned. Ever hear of "google"? Look up "traditional american values" and get back to us with your report. Not up to me to educate you.

Sorry, cop out, and everyone can see it. I said that way in which you used "TAV" rendered it meaningless, and you proved my point. For the most part, you seem to pick and choose aspects of "TAV" to suit your particular bias. Almost everyone does, but you are too lazy to even attempt to rationalize it. You often select a wildly ideological approach, and quote it with no attachment to any specific issue or any reality. Pick something, anything, and attach it to a real policy debate. I have a couple thousand posts here, pretty much outlining my view on the real world balance of different aspects of my "values". You have nothing but endless generalities.

Okay, I'll humor you. There was a time when you had a chance to get into your preferred college based on your grades and accomplishments. You work hard and you have a chance to reach your goal.....a traditional value.......work hard.....be rewarded. Now, your skin color is a major determination with many universities. Here's another one.....real simple.....we honor the value of life. Now we have a political party that is ok with "having a discussion" to determine if a newborn baby makes it to another day. There you go......take it and run.

Wait, you don't think in the past your skin color was major determination for many universities?

I think you may need a us history class.

Typical response from someone who has nothing to add. You didn't disappoint.

Sorry, I just wanted to teach you something about history. Because you apparently have no idea what America was like.[/quote

Your typical response is dancing around the issue.. You do this by asking a question instead of answering if you think skin color should favor some students over others. Try answering the question
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Ever take any US History or Civics classes? Tell us what you learned. Ever hear of "google"? Look up "traditional american values" and get back to us with your report. Not up to me to educate you.

Sorry, cop out, and everyone can see it. I said that way in which you used "TAV" rendered it meaningless, and you proved my point. For the most part, you seem to pick and choose aspects of "TAV" to suit your particular bias. Almost everyone does, but you are too lazy to even attempt to rationalize it. You often select a wildly ideological approach, and quote it with no attachment to any specific issue or any reality. Pick something, anything, and attach it to a real policy debate. I have a couple thousand posts here, pretty much outlining my view on the real world balance of different aspects of my "values". You have nothing but endless generalities.

Okay, I'll humor you. There was a time when you had a chance to get into your preferred college based on your grades and accomplishments. You work hard and you have a chance to reach your goal.....a traditional value.......work hard.....be rewarded. Now, your skin color is a major determination with many universities. Here's another one.....real simple.....we honor the value of life. Now we have a political party that is ok with "having a discussion" to determine if a newborn baby makes it to another day. There you go......take it and run.

Wait, you don't think in the past your skin color was major determination for many universities?

Sorry, I just wanted to teach you something about history. Because you apparently have no idea what America was like.[/quote

Your typical response is dancing around the issue.. You do this by asking a question instead of answering if you think skin color should favor some students over others. Try answering the question

How about you answer when you think skin color was not a factor in college admission? When was that exactly? How is that a traditional American value?
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

How about you answer when you think skin color was not a factor in college admission? When was that exactly? How is that a traditional American value?
You are the perfect example of how and why DJT connects with his supporters and why a liberal like you is going to have your next candidate defeated again. Tell me....you must think its ok to kneel for the national anthem too. Don't bother answering.......it won't make any sense. Good luck to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
to be fair, it is a pretty traditional American value to try to hold down minorities in the name of equality.
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
chaparral wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
oldandslow wrote:

You are the perfect example of how and why DJT connects with his supporters and why a liberal like you is going to have your next candidate defeated again. Tell me....you must think its ok to kneel for the national anthem too. Don't bother answering.......it won't make any sense. Good luck to you.

So no answer? Because it is hilarious that you are trying to argue there was a time race was not a factor in college admission.
Last edited by: chaparral: Mar 7, 19 19:48
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
to be fair, it is a pretty traditional American value to try to hold down minorities in the name of equality.

I disagree, depending on how far back you want to go. Sure, prior to the 1960s, absolutely. But since Affirmative Action, which you might be able to consider an 'american tradition" for the past almost 50 years, I feel there has been more than 'equal opportunity" for "everyone".....and it's actually going past the point now of the original objective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep racism in America is dead. In fact things have swung the other way. Where America is racists towards white people
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
Yep racism in America is dead. In fact things have swung the other way. Where America is racists towards white people

Actually, if you want to add white "conservative", you would be pretty accurate. .Especially on college campuses.
Last edited by: gphin305: Mar 7, 19 20:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some say manafort got a little white wealth affirmative action yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

Oh come on. Name one major University that is being over run by minorities taking slots from whites. Even if it is occurring you're probably talking about a fairly small number of students. If you're white and not getting into the University you wanted to the overwhelming likelihood is you just weren't good enough and/or a shit ton of Asians who were better qualified took your place :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

I disagree, depending on how far back you want to go. Sure, prior to the 1960s, absolutely. But since Affirmative Action, which you might be able to consider an 'american tradition" for the past almost 50 years, I feel there has been more than 'equal opportunity" for "everyone".....and it's actually going past the point now of the original objective.

So you think that since the Civil Rights Law was passed a switch just flipped and bam, You get equality, you get equality and you get equality.

Blacks are a little over 12% of the population, since 1999 there have only been 16 black CEO in charge of Fortune 500 companies. Currently there are only 3 black CEO's. As of May 2018, there are 16 female CEO's, none of them are black, while females make up a little over 58% of the population.

This has been over 50 years and these are the current numbers. I think you're quite out of touch with reality.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

So you think that since the Civil Rights Law was passed a switch just flipped and bam, You get equality, you get equality and you get equality.

Blacks are a little over 12% of the population, since 1999 there have only been 16 black CEO in charge of Fortune 500 companies. Currently there are only 3 black CEO's. As of May 2018, there are 16 female CEO's, none of them are black, while females make up a little over 58% of the population.

This has been over 50 years and these are the current numbers. I think you're quite out of touch with reality.

Not really related to this per se but I wonder where things are now in football? Arguably sport being more merit based than something like business.

I'm old enough to remember when there were few if any black QBs and there were arguments about black QBs not being "leaders" or smart enough for the position. Not to mention coaches.
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dem blacks is too stupid to throw a football.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Not really related to this per se but I wonder where things are now in football? Arguably sport being more merit based than something like business.

I'm old enough to remember when there were few if any black QBs and there were arguments about black QBs not being "leaders" or smart enough for the position. Not to mention coaches.

You mean you are a teenager?

On Sept. 16, Onalaska (Texas) Independent School District superintendent Lynn Redden, who is white, responded to a Facebook post about the Houston Texans’ loss to the Tennessee Titans, which ended after an error by Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson on the final play, by stating: “When you need precision decision making you can’t count on a black quarterback.”
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. White QBs never make poor decisions.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

On Sept. 16, Onalaska (Texas) Independent School District superintendent Lynn Redden, who is white, responded to a Facebook post about the Houston Texans’ loss to the Tennessee Titans, which ended after an error by Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson on the final play, by stating: “When you need precision decision making you can’t count on a black quarterback.”

Let me guess, Lynn denied being a racist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

She has a black friend!!M

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

She has a black friend!!M

Paul LePage the ex-governor of Maine even went one better. They raised (maybe adopted?) a Jamaican kid. It was his go to when he was accused of being racist.

You may seen him in the news in recent weeks where, paraphrasing here, he basically said we need to maintain the Electoral College as is so whites can retain control of the country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

Actually, if you want to add white "conservative", you would be pretty accurate. .Especially on college campuses.

I don't think you know what the word accurate means, you seem to mean inaccurate.
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

And why do you think that is? Because those big bad white males still practice racial and sexist discrimination? Really? In this day and age with discrimination lawyers standing on every street corner and BLM just waiting to come in and demonstrate? Does the NFL with 70% black players still discriminate against blacks because there are only 6-7 black qbs and only 6-7 black coaches? Or do you think they practice the american tradition/value of hiring the most qualified person for the job......oh wait, you can't do that anymore. Who's going to be the first to tell me Kap doesn't have a job simply because he is black. Those NFL owner meanies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree with him if he considers "conservative" to mean "rural/poor."

I think studies show that whites/asians are over represented in college compasses vs. blacks/Hispanics (under represented).

However, I think this is due to social-economic standards just in general being harder for people with less means. More recently, minorities can get a bump on their application (whether there is this socio-economic divide or not), while white/poor america does not. I think colleges have adjusted "diversity" applications to include economic status.

If he is arguing that there are more liberal whites on college campuses vs. conservative whites on college campuses (which I dont know if this is true, most kids lean more liberal). Then I think that would be because liberal whites performed better than conservative whites, seeing how they are most likely grouped together and are competing against each other for X amount of slots. This would go against his arguments though of wanting things to be done for merit.
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Some say manafort got a little white wealth affirmative action yesterday.

And some would say that the Judge recognized the witch hunt and recognized the harm the crime caused and penalized it appropriately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
patentattorney wrote:

And why do you think that is? Because those big bad white males still practice racial and sexist discrimination? Really? In this day and age with discrimination lawyers standing on every street corner and BLM just waiting to come in and demonstrate? Does the NFL with 70% black players still discriminate against blacks because there are only 6-7 black qbs and only 6-7 black coaches? Or do you think they practice the american tradition/value of hiring the most qualified person for the job......oh wait, you can't do that anymore. Who's going to be the first to tell me Kap doesn't have a job simply because he is black. Those NFL owner meanies.

Do you know about the Rooney Rule? You really have no clue of which you speak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooney_Rule

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
oldandslow wrote:
Still not clear how your "values" are substantially different or better than mine, besides your insistence that they are. "bring back our values that made this country great" is completely meaningless. Name them, and please be specific......really?

Traditional american values and google search. I continue to work may way through the google book of records so what I offer is still half assed.

The qualifier traditional so far has not been pinpointed into a standard accepted by some, all or many. Best I can come up with are the Bible, Ten Commandments, Our Constitution and Declaration of Independence as guides. For most part all values are of a social construct. There is a listing of 10 Core Republican values of which 3 are about government and the last 7 social.

Currently my take away with TAV is that it is Judeo-Christian centric exclusively, there is little discussion on morality and compassion except with distinction to the value human life, and one can read between the lines a racist code speak (see the above debate on college admissions).

I hope with continued study to become more enlightened about how I should accept traditional values as a standard I might want to re-adopt and cease evolving.

Seriously, if there is an author or group whose writings are best, could you please steer me in their direction. As you and the others are so well aware, the google is almost infinitely vast and there is some fake ass trolling within it. If one is not savvy, he can come up with bullshit propoganda as his bible.
Quote Reply
Re: The power of love: How Trump connects with his base [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtryin wrote:
axlsix3 wrote:
ajthomas wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
gregtryin wrote:

My values align with traditional American values.

What are those traditional American values?.

Traditional Values means a "Not a Kenyan in the White House."

Or a woman in the WH. Unless she's hot.

You people have the mentality of kids on a playground. "I don't like what you have to say, so you are a misogynist!"

Fuck off.

Traditional American Values: Screw Multiple Porn Stars when your wife is home with your newborn, pay them off and then talk like this:

"I moved on her like a bitch. But I couldn’t get there. And she was married. Then all of a sudden I see her, she’s now got the big phony tits and everything. She’s totally changed her look....I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything....Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next