Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I didn't watch football this weekend. What did I miss?
Quote | Reply
From what I hear, the Saints got what they deserved in the form of a loss. I'm informed that they had one of their worst statistical games of the year (including something like 48 yards rushing after averaging somewhere close to 130 per game), Brees threw the game away with an ill-timed pick after his O-Line failed him, and Sean Payton was outcoached by the 14-year old Sean McVay. Despite all this, they're apparently blaming a ref for their loss despite the fact that the missed PI was not on a potentially game-winning play. All they were cost was yet another chance to win the game - nothing more.

Similarly, I hear that for the first three quarters, the Chiefs' offense looked like they hadn't even practiced all week. Flummoxed by the Hoodie, Brady, and Edelman, they were powerless to stop the inexorable Pats' progress. At the end, the Chiefs proved themselves to be horrible (1) coin flippers; and (2) defenders of their end zone.

Therefore, the Pats have been proven to be the class of the NFL for the past 18 years despite what those who hate them would like to believe. I don't think I've seen anything in the sports world to rival their reign, nor do I think we'll see it's like again once their ride is over (which will be soon. Two years, tops. [I said that two years ago, though.])

Did I miss anything else?

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't watch football this weekend. What did I miss? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't read you whole post, But I did watch some of each game.

What I saw. The NFL referees and rule book decided the winner of each game, with rules that are so bad both will likely be changed by next year.

Blatant PI missed -- Blatant as there is not a person who knows NFL rules can look at the play in real time and not call it PI. Should have also been helmet to helmet/ leading with helmet but that is not as 100% certain as the PI. The dumb overtime rules as you build a league around offense you basically are deciding who wins by a toss of the coin. The last i don't know 6, 7 possessions ended with the offense scoring(TD, accept the field goal to tie at end of regulation) gee what a surprise you went to OT and the offense scored a TD

Great games, decided by bad rules.

Blatant fouls should be overturned by the replay officials.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't watch football this weekend. What did I miss? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The dumb overtime rules as you build a league around offense you basically are deciding who wins by a toss of the coin.

I was at my sons football game and didn't see the end of the Saints-Rams Game, but didn't:
The Saints win the coin toss and lose the game? Sounds like 50/50
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't watch football this weekend. What did I miss? [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
The dumb overtime rules as you build a league around offense you basically are deciding who wins by a toss of the coin.

I was at my sons football game and didn't see the end of the Saints-Rams Game, but didn't:
The Saints win the coin toss and lose the game? Sounds like 50/50

If you think they are all the same, but those games were not the same. The Saints Rams game was a much more defensive battle with zero touchdowns in the 4th quarter and only 9 pts scored in the 4th quarter.

In the KC NE game there was 1 punt in the 4th quarter, the last 6 drives of the game ended with touchdowns or a field goal as time expired. This game was going to be decided on the coin flip and was.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't watch football this weekend. What did I miss? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You missed a guy lined up in the neutral zone negates a game winning turnover for the Chiefs and a helmet to helmet/pass interference/unnecessary roughness/targeting no call sends the Saints back to the locker room. Couple of pretty good games all in all.
Quote Reply
Re: I didn't watch football this weekend. What did I miss? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both games came down the bad officiating at the end of the game. Yes, both loosing teams had other opportunities to "put the game away," however you never want to see a blown determine the outcome of a game.
Quote Reply