Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spiderman Far From Home Trailer
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/...64&v=DYYtuKyMtY8

I still haven't had a chance to see Homecoming yet, but I enjoyed Tom Holland in his role in Civil War and Infinity War. I think the trailer looks pretty good. Though my first reactions were what this says about Avengers 4

- Spiderman isn't dead/comes back life
- Nick Fury isn't dead/comes back to life
- Ironman might die. He has been kind of a mentor/father figure to Spiderman in CW and IW as well as Homecoming (from what I could tell from the trailers). He is absent from the trailer however it looks like Happy/John Favreu is playing that type of role per the clips from the trailer.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Spiderman Far From Home Trailer [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/...64&v=DYYtuKyMtY8

I still haven't had a chance to see Homecoming yet, but I enjoyed Tom Holland in his role in Civil War and Infinity War. I think the trailer looks pretty good. Though my first reactions were what this says about Avengers 4

- Spiderman isn't dead/comes back life
- Nick Fury isn't dead/comes back to life
- Ironman might die. He has been kind of a mentor/father figure to Spiderman in CW and IW as well as Homecoming (from what I could tell from the trailers). He is absent from the trailer however it looks like Happy/John Favreu is playing that type of role per the clips from the trailer.

This looks to me like it is on another timeline separate from Avengers. In the last Avengers, Tony Stark gave Peter a nano-tech spider suit. It is obvious Peter is not using that nano-tech spider suit in the trailer. Marvel likes to mess with the timelines, especially in stand-alone movies. I think this is on a separate timeline after Homecoming but before Infinity War.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Spiderman Far From Home Trailer [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marvel execs have said that this movie comes after the events of Avengers 4.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Spiderman Far From Home Trailer [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

But, if Avengers 4 involves time travel to defeat Thanos, then isn't it possible the year in Far From Home is actually earlier than the year of Infinity War?

If you freeze the trailor on Peter's passport (0.37), you can see the year portion of the date is omitted. I don't think that is an accident.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:

But, if Avengers 4 involves time travel to defeat Thanos, then isn't it possible the year in Far From Home is actually earlier than the year of Infinity War?

If you freeze the trailor on Peter's passport (0.37), you can see the year portion of the date is omitted. I don't think that is an accident.

Anything is possible. Could also be that parts of the trailer are from flashback, or time travel, or whatever. I think the quote from the Marvel exec was that this Spider-Man movie takes place something like 4 days after the events of Avengers 4.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Spiderman Far From Home Trailer [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:

Anything is possible. Could also be that parts of the trailer are from flashback, or time travel, or whatever. I think the quote from the Marvel exec was that this Spider-Man movie takes place something like 4 days after the events of Avengers 4.

Thinking about it a little more - if the Avengers need to go back in time to stop Thanos, and they do so, then it is possible only the survivors of Infinity War, who go back in time to stop Thanos, know what Thanos did. If Thanos is stopped at a point in time before Infinity War, then those wiped out in Infinity War may not even be aware of what happened in Infinity War . That would explain why Peter does not seem to be phased about what happened in Infinity War and is still just your "friendly neighborhood Spiderman."

Then again, I'm likely overthinking this and am way off ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When time travel is involved nothing ever makes sense.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Spiderman Far From Home Trailer [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What?!? I totally thought that half of the Marvel characters would be dead forever!!!

Spoiler!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Spiderman Far From Home Trailer [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
When time travel is involved nothing ever makes sense.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply