Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rouvy vs Zwift [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MRid wrote:
Maybe depends on were you buy it? Their website says dongle sold separately.

So it does. Maybe they just expect that anyone who buys one will already have a dongle? Or are just going to use their phones?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy vs Zwift [MANDOWN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Without knowing more information, I'd say that should probably work
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MANDOWN wrote:
Ive got a usb stick from some garmins Ive had over the years (910), that would work? Thanks for the quick responses...

I believe it needs to be ANT+ 2.0 to control the trainer. I am not 100% certain, though.

This Sufferfest support article touches on the the need for the newer ANT+ dongle:

https://support.thesufferfest.com/...nnecting-ANT-Devices

Sorry if none of this is especially clear. The safe bet is to use one of the smaller dongles.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MANDOWN wrote:
Ive got a usb stick from some garmins Ive had over the years (910), that would work? Thanks for the quick responses...

It may work, it may not, and then it might work half-assed. I'm using a ANT "button" stick that came with a 910 and it will see and control my Magnus, but it would not allow me to calibrate it or update its firmware. I ended up with a Giga-Blue BTLE device that I bought from Saris . It now controls the trainer and the ANT reads my HRM.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy vs Zwift [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Tried Rouvy this weekend, 3 rides total, with the Hammer. From the perspective of how realistic it is, I think it's superior to Zwift in terms of simulated grades/resistance. It also helps with the real video on a lot of the courses. The AR is also cool. I found myself more engaged riding Rouvy than Zwift. Liking it so far, and I may subscribe to it and start riding it more regularly after the 14-day trial.

Just tried it, agree elevation is more realistic. I think the AR is cool but the social aspect is really lacking compared to Zwift. I did an 11 mile course and there were a total of 5 real life riders and none of them were around me so I never saw them. There were some computer riders but I dont think you can draft off them? Theres no sign on the screen like zwift where you latch on. Also the avatar doesnt do anything, same position no matter what. I do like that in racing you have to have the trainer on full difficulty so everyone has to shift and climb the same, wish zwift would do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Rouvy vs Zwift [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sebo2000 wrote:
Rouvy or whatever they call this now (I use to use them few years back when they were called virtual raining).

rouvy is what they call this now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next