Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Google is a finicky little thing. Search engine results pages are more customized than ever, and will factor in your browsing history, search queries, etc. to give you results that are more likely than not to best serve you. Speed and comfort shows up on the 5th page on my searches this morning, but that doesn't mean that it will always serve in that position.

It's also incredibly difficult to rank for the Cobb Cycling term, especially if you don't have the ability to write a whole bunch of content there around it, gain backlinks to the domain, and drive a whole bunch of new engagement to send signals to Google that this site is worth ranking for. Shopify sites are a bitch to drive up organic search-wise.

It would theoretically be easier to run an AdWords campaign on this - alongside the Speed and Comfort skins that have been running here on Slowtwitch (although those may be set to display only to industry members, rather than public at large). That being said, you're competing against every e-commerce person known to man on that front. As Andres noted, they're also running some Amazon listing ads (which should cross-pollinate over to some Bing results), which if you're looking for bang for your buck, is probably the way to go. Drive enough engagement there and you should be OK eventually.

I'd also throw some Facebook Dynamic Shopping ads into the mix, while uploading offline conversion files, but that's probably getting ahead of the game a bit. Marketing budget is probably exhausted by Amazon, and you'd need to maintain at least the current conversion rate to make it profitable.

TL;DR--it's early. I don't know why there isn't a re-direct, and there's probably a reason why the saddles are all just labeled "Cobb" and not "Cobb Cycling," but you can find the new site and the products via a few sources.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found this thread after I had a support email go unanswered. After doing some digging I found a few links that indicate that the loss of the "Cobb Cycling" brand may have been collateral damage from a breach of contract suit and/or bankruptcy. Sad to see but glad John is still producing quality products under another label. I can understand the loss of the cobbcycling.com domain and the inability to forward it but I would think that the links on slowtwitch and emails could be easily corrected.

For those as confused as I was:
Bok v. Cobb Sports Designs, Inc. et al: https://dockets.justia.com/...6:2017cv00165/174836

Colorado Bankruptcy Court Case 1:17-bk-21113 - Kimatek LLC.: https://www.inforuptcy.com/...bk-21113-kimatek-llc
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [zacradke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the ST Link at the bottom of this page is still broken...
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [John Cobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how to reach Cobb Saddles? I'm trying to track down a SHC DRT Black saddle and its so difficult. They are sold out online at all online retailers. I messaged Cobb's Facebook page and got nothing. Anyone know what is going on with them? Thanks, Wes
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [azmotoxxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Their new website is http://www.speedandcomfort.com. The SHC DRT has been discontinued for a while now. If they don't have one, I think I do.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, you would be a life saver if you do. Where can I send you my money? I'm looking for the SHC DRT in black. I called them and they have one sample and I'm not sure what it looks like. If you have a new one I will buy it from you today. Thanks, Wes
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [azmotoxxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take a look when I get to the studio tonight and will PM you a picture to make sure it's the one you want, as well as my contact info. Thank you!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Is Cobb Cycling still alive? [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom writes for The Aviationist and has a very active presence on Facebook. Multiple posts per day every day. He seldom posts about cycling or triathlon but when does, he’s usually critical of the sport, particularly the retail side. Except the Tour de France. He loves the TdF.
Quote Reply

Prev Next