Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone used On Running shoes? [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
Bought a pair of them a few months ago. Ran in them once. They felt a whole lot harder than I expected. Haven't used them since. They're still in my closet. I might give them a try. Was just surprised that the "cloud" shoes felt like bricks

I'm with you - though light weight, they feel like running on bricks. Never knew a running shoe could feel so dead. Plus the pebble issue is at least an order of magnitude more annoying than with my neutons.

That said, the design and location of the seams is great - no uncomfy rubbing anywhere and I'd been wearing them without socks.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone used On Running shoes? [SinkCrashBonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have run in the cloudsurfer since they hit the market.....several ims and Bostons......no injuries. Great shoes!
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone used On Running shoes? [SinkCrashBonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a pair of ON Cloud X for a few months now. I run in many different shoes but comparable shoes that have fit well and I've run a lot in are the Newton Distance, Kinvara, Asics Gel Lyte 33, or Pearl Izumi N1.
There's a lot of hype with the ON shoes, and I admit the attention to detail in the shoe is fantastic. Their stuff is top notch. The inner is smooth and seamless, the tongue is comfortable, even the laces are nice.
However, for me, this is one of those very rare shoes that gave me blisters on the first run and continues to do so. I came in hoping that they'd replace my Kinvara's, something I could use for a bit of speed, but also be comfortable enough to handle runs in the 90-120min range. I hoped that maybe they'd be a potential shoe for racing 70.3's - comfy (they're called "cloud's" for pete's sake) and fast. Unfortunately, they just don't fit well for me. I've relegated them to the 45-60 min easy recovery runs so I don't get blisters.
My other huge issue with the shoes is what I was concerned about from the get go with those pods on the bottom, they pick up rocks like no other shoe I've had! On pure pavement running you might fit these shoes just right and they'll be great, but if you run on trail, even hard packed stuff, it's basically guaranteed to pick up several rocks and then when you go back to pavement you'll be clicking for the rest of the run. It really annoys me so until that changes, I wouldn't buy another set of ON's.
Quote Reply

Prev Next