Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also think they were trying to hide the fact that the kidnapped 2000 kids and used them as political hostages instead of trying to fix the situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every time you think the bar cannot get any lower ... somehow another level is found. I guess when you are subterranean everything pretty much is the same.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call it moral authority, or whatever, but it's what empowers them to tackle the projects that they work on while in the White House.

The words "moral authority" and the current Whitehouse should never be used in the same sentence.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jun 21, 18 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just speculating...but there's something weird about this.

I wonder if it wasn't really intended to troll liberals, but was instead intended as a private "fuck you" to her husband.

I imagine she was kind of forced into making this trip as a PR maneuver. Trump wasn't going to do it himself. So this was her way of being subversive. And the "Do you?" was for him.

Just a thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my initial split-second reaction. Then I figured it might’ve been for the media. Now that Trump has said it was aimed at the media I’m more convinced you are right.

And it makes sense, atleast to me. If so, well done Melania.

I mentioned this to my wife and she is guessing the Donald said exactly that quote to Melania about the border issue and she’s mocking him.
Last edited by: JD21: Jun 21, 18 18:53
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

this is pathetic, something a pissed-off teenager would do

Or that of a wife married to a pissed off teenager.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

I wonder if it wasn't really intended to troll liberals, but was instead intended as a private "fuck you" to her husband.

I imagine she was kind of forced into making this trip as a PR maneuver. Trump wasn't going to do it himself. So this was her way of being subversive. And the "Do you?" was for him.

Just a thought.

I was wondering the same. I cannot see FLOTUS trolling the media, like Trump claimed in his tweet.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel like the flotus messaging is off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
, but was instead intended as a private "fuck you" to her husband.

Just a thought.

I find it obvious that that's exactly what she intended.

“Read the transcript.”
Last edited by: sslothrop: Jun 21, 18 20:19
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The insider trading allegations on Wilbur Ross Commerce Secretary?

I'd read about Ross's involvement with a Cyprus bank, the same one known as a big player in the world of money laundering of Russian oligarchs money.

It seems that between Flynn, Manafort and Ross, Trump was going out of his way to find people with strong connections to Russia but maybe it's all just one big co-incidence.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/23/wilbur-ross-russian-deal-bank-of-cyprus-donald-trump-commerce-secretary
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
This is confirmed. Her spokeswomen said something along the lines that she wore it, and that there was no "hidden" meaning, and people shouldnt be focused on her fashion.

It angers me. We are not discussing her fashion. Its a jacket. We are talking about a "hidden" meaning. We are talking about the LITERAL meaning. You are advertising that YOU DONT CARE.

Her spokeswoman's statement directly contradicts her husband's Tweet. He tried to say her jacket was an anti-Fake-News-Media statement.

The whole thing is perplexing and very tone deaf.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Her spokeswoman's statement directly contradicts her husband's Tweet. He tried to say her jacket was an anti-Fake-News-Media statement.

The whole thing is perplexing and very tone deaf.

Like others I think this was a domestic beef -- another way to stick it to her husband.

Which, while understandable, doesn't win her any sympathy from me.

How dare she

play out a domestic drama on the public dime

drag the whole world into her private business, and badly screw up the "message" in the process

reality-show trash, as ever
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
trail wrote:

Just a thought.

I was wondering the same. I cannot see FLOTUS trolling the media, like Trump claimed in his tweet.

I just don't get this.

It could have been intended to give the finger to the MSM. Or to her darling husband. Or to Peter Fonda. Or to liberals. Or to conservatives. Or to some other group.

But who the fuck knows? It's so ambiguously targeted that the only thing it really does it attract opprobrium, because people tend to rush to the most obvious conclusion, which here happens to be the most adverse one.

If she wanted to make a statement about something, this was a really fucking bad way of going about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
The insider trading allegations on Wilbur Ross Commerce Secretary?

I'd read about Ross's involvement with a Cyprus bank, the same one known as a big player in the world of money laundering of Russian oligarchs money.

It seems that between Flynn, Manafort and Ross, Trump was going out of his way to find people with strong connections to Russia but maybe it's all just one big co-incidence.

https://www.theguardian.com/...p-commerce-secretary

I'm sure this will clear up any misconceptions and misunderstandings about all the connections between Trump's family, campaign staff and senior officials and Russians.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Melania, she seems a more decent person than I had originally assumed. And I sympathize with her plight of being married to the Donald.

But irrespective of the detained immigrant children crisis, wearing that jacket ANYWHERE seems beneath the 1st lady. And remember, ppl were posting on social media "how great will it be to have a FLOTUS with 'class' again", after the transition....
That jacket ain't classy for a soccer mom, let alone FLOTUS
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
I like Melania, she seems a more decent person than I had originally assumed. And I sympathize with her plight of being married to the Donald.

Her "plight" is easily rectifiable.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:

But irrespective of the detained immigrant children crisis, wearing that jacket ANYWHERE seems beneath the 1st lady. And remember, ppl were posting on social media "how great will it be to have a FLOTUS with 'class' again", after the transition....
That jacket ain't classy for a soccer mom, let alone FLOTUS

Which leads us to the obvious and easy game of...

What if Michelle Obama did this?

Of course she wouldn’t have because, well, she isn’t retarded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If Moochelle had worn the jacket (assuming one could be found in her size), she'd be on the cover of Vogue wearing it.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
If Moochelle had worn the jacket (assuming one could be found in her size), she'd be on the cover of Vogue wearing it.

Man Jim, you have SURPASSED yourself this time! I didn't think this thread could produce a "What about Obama..." but not only have you proved me wrong, you managed to throw in a token insult at Michele Obama too!

10/10.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why do I have a feeling the sales of that jacket have skyrocketed today?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if you ARE an asshole, but you can be a motherfucker with some of your comments, this being one. You pledge in your signature to not make any personal attacks and then you have to resort to calling Michelle Obama a name. Why do you even post? You've nothing to offer, ever.

Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
I don't know if you ARE an asshole, but you can be a motherfucker with some of your comments, this being one. You pledge in your signature to not make any personal attacks and then you have to resort to calling Michelle Obama a name. Why do you even post? You've nothing to offer, ever.

Jim @ LOTO, MO wrote:

He has to post every now and then to remind us how nice it is we don't know him in real life.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should know that making fun of Michelle Obama is forbidden here. Calling Melania a "fcking idiot" "fcking dipsht" and a "twit" is fine though.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [PrinceMax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right... there's no difference whatsoever between judging a person based on their actions and just calling someone fat for no reason whatsoever.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next