Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement
Quote | Reply
I have really never been one to notice fashion choices. But it seems to me that someone who is in the fashion industry could realize that wearing a jacket that says "I really dont care, do you?" to investigate the separation of kids from their parents would know better. Pretty tone def/insensitive/ignorant at best.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1009871069694627842

We arent really discussing the actual clothing, i.e. jacket style, color, etc. We are talking about the literal bill boarded message.
Last edited by: patentattorney: Jun 21, 18 12:44
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The comments are always the best:

"I find it shocking that the FLOTUS wore a $39 jacket!"

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [patentattorney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

this is pathetic, something a pissed-off teenager would do
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

Or something a clueless twit would do.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
kiki wrote:

well she did marry him. But she is very very careful with her image, so . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
kiki wrote:

Has it been confirmed that this is real and not a photoshop job? Or does anyone care?
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is confirmed. Her spokeswomen said something along the lines that she wore it, and that there was no "hidden" meaning, and people shouldnt be focused on her fashion.

It angers me. We are not discussing her fashion. Its a jacket. We are talking about a "hidden" meaning. We are talking about the LITERAL meaning. You are advertising that YOU DONT CARE.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
kiki wrote:

Has it been confirmed that this is real and not a photoshop job? Or does anyone care?

I think it is. If you google 'FLOTUS jacket don't care' it is pretty much everywhere.

In the greater scheme of things this has no impact. But it is very very weird, to say the least.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i mean, in the greater scheme or things nothing has any impact. If instead of wearing the jacket she got up and said "Guys, I really dont care, do you?" it wouldnt be too different. her words dont really directly impact anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to the article on CNN, her team said we shouldn’t read anything into her coat choice, so I’m guessing not photoshopped.. I can’t believe she would wear last season Zara. I took it to be a comment on how she feels about her husband.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It has been confirmed she wore it boarding the plane to TX but did not wear it upon arriving or during her actual visit. I took it as a shot at the media who've been lambasting her for not being in the public eye and creating conspiracy theories as to why.

I love to get a male version - I'd wear it every day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
i mean, in the greater scheme or things nothing has any impact. If instead of wearing the jacket she got up and said "Guys, I really dont care, do you?" it wouldnt be too different. her words dont really directly impact anything.

My point was that her POV isn't relevant. She has no impact on policy. She really could stand up and say it. Most of Trump's base would agree with her anyway. Trump and his admin don't care at all where she stands on things though.

But as careful as she is with appearance it is difficult to believe this was just happenstance.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

Or the pissed off wife of a known philanderer
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Virginia Plain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is going to cash-fucking-in in the divorce when this is over
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:

Or something a pissed off mother does. But let's just forget that some asshole said her son should be put in a cage with a pedophile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#bebest

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
kiki wrote:

Or something a pissed off mother does. But let's just forget that some asshole said her son should be put in a cage with a pedophile.

It was Peter Fonda FFS. Was that even a blip on her radar?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
patentattorney wrote:
I have really never been one to notice fashion choices. But it seems to me that someone who is in the fashion industry could realize that wearing a jacket that says "I really dont care, do you?" to investigate the separation of kids from their parents would know better. Pretty tone def/insensitive/ignorant at best.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1009871069694627842

We arent really discussing the actual clothing, i.e. jacket style, color, etc. We are talking about the literal bill boarded message.

That's f*cked up. I understand the arguments that we shouldn't be focused on clothing and that she has no formal authority on policy, etc.... but every First Lady has authority by simply possessing the title. Call it moral authority, or whatever, but it's what empowers them to tackle the projects that they work on while in the White House. For that f*cking idiot to be so incredibly arrogant that she's simply shrugged off the mantle of responsibility, reasonability and moderation is just abominable. (Further, how cowed are her people who couldn't even step up and say, "uh, Madame First Lady, that jacket's a bad idea. Please take it off.")

What. A f*cking. Dipsh*t.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Virginia Plain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Or the pissed off wife of a known philanderer

Please stop with the but, but, but, Hillary!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FLOTUS got POTUS a new jacket for his birthday last week:

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
kiki wrote:

It was Peter Fonda FFS. Was that even a blip on her radar?

Do you follow Peter Fonda on Twitter? I'm betting no. Neither do I, but both of us heard about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

Do you follow Peter Fonda on Twitter? I'm betting no. Neither do I, but both of us heard about it.

The lady has a lot of justified grievances. Against Fonda (what he said was disgusting), against her husband (obv), against the role she's forced to play.

No matter why she was did it, wearing this jacket in protest on this particular trip was a self-centred and clueless move.
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
FLOTUS got POTUS a new jacket for his birthday last week:

How long do they have to keep this media circus going and what are they trying to take attention from?

The insider trading allegations on Wilbur Ross Commerce Secretary? What else is going on? There were some damning water quality reports that impact a ton of kids... quitting UN human rights council?
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Yikes. When fashion can really make a statement [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
jmh wrote:
FLOTUS got POTUS a new jacket for his birthday last week

How long do they have to keep this media circus going and what are they trying to take attention from?

The insider trading allegations on Wilbur Ross Commerce Secretary? What else is going on? There were some damning water quality reports that impact a ton of kids... quitting UN human rights council?

I think it’s the increasing possibility that Cohen will flip - he’s broke and needs money for lawyers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next