Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TT Position Check
Quote | Reply
1-3 times a year I use this in racing, 20-30 min TTs in stage races but want to work on position. Thinking may need new stem to drop in front more. Any advice would be rad.

bars slightly tilted up , close together in front.

Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [Trimeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you pull the camera back so we can see full extension, and lose the sweat shirt :) really hard to tell but you look really crunched up at the front, could probably add some length for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a practical standpoint I would say good luck getting lower in front. I also have a Transition and the way the front brake cable routes creates a real mess when you drop the front end much lower.

I'm also not convinced the 0 offset seat post is best choice for you. Specialized made the 0 offset post to cater to the smallest riders and ensure that they could fit all the pro athletes within the UCI limits. Nearly all the bikes shipped with the laid back option however because its a better fit for the vast majority of riders. As the bike is no longer UCI legal anyways I am going to assume you aren't constrained by saddle set back and you aren't that small. It is hard to tell from the video but you do look pretty far forward relative to the BB with the saddle pushed far back on the rails. My instinct is to move you back and make sure your position is really locked in relative to the BB before playing around with anything else. That said you should be able to feel if you are the right place relative to the BB and if it feels good don't mess with it.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was a budget bike and came with that. would prefer the standard off set one for sure. Yes, I have noticed that with the front end, bit frustrating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say longer should be your priority, not necessarily lower.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any thoughts on saddle height and such?

figure start there then can work to front end since that requires more changing of stuff. I will swap a longer stem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saddle height looks good to me. Depending on your flexibility your could potentially raise it just a bit.

Keep in mind that by going to shorter cranks (which would necessitate that your raise your saddle by an equal amount of crank length reduction) you can effectively lower your front end without actually lowering your front end.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought had longer stem do not though, move bars level and got better shot well tried to.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should focus on increasing armpad reach and learning how to sit on your saddle. Roll your hips forward, possibly experiment with riding steeper (and then raise your saddle accordingly), but most importantly find yourself some more reach.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James can you elaborate on the steeper part please
Last edited by: Trimeon: Apr 23, 18 17:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Extended bars 1.25 inch ~approx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinking next size stem with a little extra negative drop and saddle forward and up a little?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm just looking at all that torso movement and thinking there's something not right going on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ignore that part I am just an idiot ..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"steeper" means riding more vertically in relation to the bottom bracket. can't tell what type of saddle you're on, but looks like it's preventing you from rotation your pelvis at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to have Fizik Tundra which was nice but this is demo of https://www.sellesmp.com/...ddles/triathlon.html

I know what steep is but my issue is how to do so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't change anything (other than a saddle) until you can rotate that pelvis forward at least 45 degrees or so from where you are now. Your pelvis is like you are riding with no hands straight up in the air. Roll way forward and pretend you hate and really need to punish your genitals.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
Don't change anything (other than a saddle) until you can rotate that pelvis forward at least 45 degrees or so from where you are now. Your pelvis is like you are riding with no hands straight up in the air. Roll way forward and pretend you hate and really need to punish your genitals.

LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
brider wrote:
I'm just looking at all that torso movement and thinking there's something not right going on.

Knee flexion at the top of the stroke is right at the point that would indicate shorter cranks would help. I think that's why the torso is moving.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:

Well, maybe not quite 45 degrees, but yeah.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Position Check [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks all, will see if I can with saddle or find a different. Trying to keep cheap since rarely used but when used its important...

for me in past at least on road bike getting that rotation my saddle tilt has help so will try what has worked on road bike and see. Even with bike front wheel on lowest rise seems to still not be level, will work on that before next.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trimeon wrote:
...Trying to keep cheap since rarely used but when used its important...

Your genitals?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buying equipment like cranks and all other stuff haha.. my genitals are worth quite a lot haha
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Trimeon [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Change saddle, sit properly, report back.
Quote Reply

Prev Next