Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Republican congressman with TDS
Quote | Reply

This is a great quote...

"He wakes up in the morning, shits all over Twitter, shits all over us, shits all over his staff, then hits golf balls. Fuck him."

If only the guy who said this would have the balls to say it publicly.

Source: https://www.themaven.net/...cc50e048e&full=1

(Could be fake news, but as the reporter himself concludes:

"The congressman's base loves the President. And we're done. He feels better having let it all out. It was a funny conversation with a few additional remarks about the President's personal life I dare not print.

And yes, I agree, it is bad form to say all this in private while publicly praising the President. Welcome to Donald Trump's Washington. Everybody does this sh*t here.")
Quote Reply
Re: Republican congressman with TDS [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the unnamed Congressman really feels this way, perhaps he should act and make statements in public expressing his true feelings about Trump instead of venting to a reporter in a Safeway.

He is part of the problem with partisan politics and politicians who don't lead with integrity.

He doesn't seem to be able to handle the responsibility of representing his constituents with integrity, he don't deserve the privilege of leadership.

The republicans who supported Trump- both elected officials and voters- deserve what they get with Trump.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What jmh said.

This made me laugh out loud in my office though:

"It's like Forrest Gump won the presidency, but an evil, really f*cking stupid Forrest Gump. He can't help himself. He's just a f**king idiot who thinks he's winning when people are b*tching about him. He really does see the world as ratings and attention. I hate Forrest Gump. I listen to your podcast and heard you hate it too. What an overrated piece of sh*t movie. Can you believe it beat the Shawshank Redemption?"

Quote Reply
Re: Republican congressman with TDS [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
If the unnamed Congressman really feels this way, perhaps he should act and make statements in public expressing his true feelings about Trump instead of venting to a reporter in a Safeway.

He is part of the problem with partisan politics and politicians who don't lead with integrity.

On the bright side it may suggest that a lot of these guys are ready to turn on him and lynch him at the first good opportunity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

He doesn't seem to be able to handle the responsibility of representing his constituents with integrity, he don't deserve the privilege of leadership.

The republicans who supported Trump- both elected officials and voters- deserve what they get with Trump.
Really? Do you say things in private about your company or your boss that you wouldn't say in public or to their face? If you are selling a product or a service, do you point out all the flaws and negative aspects that you might discuss in private?
Quote Reply
Re: Republican congressman with TDS [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, really. I leave out the motherfucker, fucking idiot etc, of course, when I have a disagreement with any my bosses. I will have a discussion that helps me understand their reasoning and I share with them my point of view. That has always resulted in a positive outcome, for my boss, my companies and me. Likewise, if my product/service sucks or has shortcomings, I'm not going to sit and just complain about it, I'm going to make it better.

However, I would not condone actions that I knew it was harmful to the company, deceitful or morally wrong and I would certainly speak up. I have before and will do in the future. I value my integrity.

The unnamed Congressman had a a choice- speak with integrity, say nothing or perpetuate a lie. He choose the worse option in my view of the world- perpetuate a lie of his support of Trump in public and then bitch about him in anonymity. "Bad form" as the author calls it is kind. I'm not sure I could look at myself in the mirror.

Perhaps you and I have a different approach to those things. Mine has served me well, I'll assume that yours has served you well too.

Maybe you and I view the responsibility of serving in Congress differently as well. He as taken an oath to support and defend the Constitution... not his party, his own office or whomever is in the Oval Office. That responsibility and his actions may not be in line with each other.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with jmh. The unnamed congressman isn't serving his constituents by remaining anonymous.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got clients that I think are fucking crazy or fucking idiots, or both. I sometimes share those thoughts with friends without disclosing client names. I would never tell the client or disclose my thoughts about them publicly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I've got clients that I think are fucking crazy or fucking idiots, or both. I sometimes share those thoughts with friends without disclosing client names. I would never tell the client or disclose my thoughts about them publicly.

Clients are different from your own organization or your boss. I still choose to keep my mouth shut about clients, that way it doesn't come back to hurt me.

But your view and comments about a Client is entirely different from misrepresenting your point of view in public about the President or your ideology to people who have entrusted you to represent them and then motherfucking him in private.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That Congress person is just as much as a problem. Lynch it too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Prediction: this guy is going to put himself. Probably before his primary. In an OpEd. To instant celebrity. Wait until the intrigue in who this is grows. It’ll be impossible to resist taking credit. Worst case, if he loses reelection, he’s a CNN or MSNBC contributor.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Republican congressman with TDS [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Prediction: this guy is going to put himself. Probably before his primary. In an OpEd. To instant celebrity. Wait until the intrigue in who this is grows. It’ll be impossible to resist taking credit. Worst case, if he loses reelection, he’s a CNN or MSNBC contributor.

Slowman, have you been hacked? There is no way Dan wrote this post.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Republican congressman with TDS [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The poor punctuation and use of caps is a dead giveaway - definitely hacked.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Slowman wrote:

It was me. On my phone, which autocorrects lower case. And decided out himself should be “put” himself.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Slowman wrote:

It was me. On my phone, which autocorrects lower case. And decided out himself should be “put” himself.

I am not buying it. Who are you and what have you done with Slowman?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Slowman wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Slowman wrote:

I am not buying it. Who are you and what have you done with Slowman?

It’s slowman alright. Fresh off the Hilli Vanilli.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's Peter King from NY. A guy who made his bones railing against immigrant day laborers. In other words, one of the guys who paved the way for trump.

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: Republican congressman with TDS [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
It's Peter King from NY. A guy who made his bones railing against immigrant day laborers. In other words, one of the guys who paved the way for trump.

What's your source, because this suggests it's not King? Also, Erickson said it was a congressman from a safe red seat. Don't think there are many of those in NY.

https://www.mediaite.com/...t-foot-in-a-safeway/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't care if it's fake, that quote is legendary!
Quote Reply