Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Opening Day!
Quote | Reply
How do you feel about your team as yet another season begins? Red Sox had a good spring and have healthy pitching, starters look solid between Sale, Price, Porcello (spent the entire spring training working with Derek Lowe on perfecting his sinker) and Eduardo Rodriguez, plus have Pomeranz (17 wins last year) on the shelf. Only big lineup shift was adding JD Martinez, who should fill some of the power void that was missing last year with Ortiz retired and Hanley Ramirez dealing with shoulder issues. AL East looks deep as usual.

Let's play two!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day! [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm excited for my Cardinals as always! However, I don't see them overtaking the Cubs in the division this year. As for the Cards - I like their lineup better than last years. More settled in the outfield, picked up some younger bats int he off season ... but it all comes down (as always) to the health and constancy of their starting rotation. Not sure about the bullpen this year either. Overall, they don't have any glaring weak spots... but not many known-quantity super stars either...

Play ball and GO CARDS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Tigers are in for a long season. Enjoy J.D., I enjoyed watching him play.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The A's have a lot of very good people coming through the system and finally are making progress towards a new stadium.

And of course lost two good young pitchers, one is their top prospect, to TJS before they got out of spring training.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a lock. The fight'n Phillies will pad their MLB leading and all pro sports leading loss record this season !

I have no idea where they end up this year. They have some young guys playing so hoping they will be a fun team to watch.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems obvious, too obvious, that the AL will have the same 4 playoff teams as last year.

If you told me one of the 4 doesn't make it back, I would guess the Red Sox.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Reds let one of their best players go to free agency (Zac Cozart), but they shouldn't be any worse than last year. Which isn't saying much.

And they postponed today's Opening Day, which is basically a holiday here in Cincinnati, late yesterday afternoon because it was forecast to rain all day. So everyone who scheduled today off had to switch to tomorrow, although a lot of people took both days off.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its Time for Dodger Baseball

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that the Rays are going to take it all this year.

Quote | Reply
Padres will be the Padres. Petco Park, however, will remain the best fan experience in MLB. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't been to Petco Park and/or is a shill.

Brewers are in town today. While driving this morning, I saw a guy on the side of the road wearing a Bewers jersey. I was tempted to yell "Brewers suck!" but I was waiting for his parallel parking spot.

Anyone see what happened at Dodger stadium the other night? The sewer backed up and spilled onto the field right by third base. The game (the last spring training game) was called in the... fifth, I think. LOL Los Angeles. Just LOL. So typical.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day! [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
Its Time for Dodger Baseball

Leaving work early today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You all can stop with the silly predictions.

The Mariners will end the longest playoff drought in pro sports by going to and wining the world series.

So let it be written, so let it be done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely jazzed to watch my O's play. I really am expecting at least 64 wins this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
How do you feel about your team as yet another season begins? Red Sox had a good spring and have healthy pitching, starters look solid between Sale, Price, Porcello (spent the entire spring training working with Derek Lowe on perfecting his sinker) and Eduardo Rodriguez, plus have Pomeranz (17 wins last year) on the shelf. Only big lineup shift was adding JD Martinez, who should fill some of the power void that was missing last year with Ortiz retired and Hanley Ramirez dealing with shoulder issues. AL East looks deep as usual.

Let's play two!

Mariners have to be one of the worst organizations in Baseball. Still, going to a game with your kids when its warm is still a great time. Safeco is a great stadium.
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day! [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

Let's play two!

Mariners have to be one of the worst organizations in Baseball. Still, going to a game with your kids when its warm is still a great time. Safeco is a great stadium.

I love Safeco, and its pairing with CenturyLink is brilliant.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Padres' first pitch in about a minute!

War is god
Last edited by: Crank: Mar 29, 18 13:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still hockey season!

But dammit! Giants - MadBum surgery. Royals - Savy - surgery.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Still hockey season!

But dammit! Giants - MadBum surgery. Royals - Savy - surgery.

What team is closest to you now? Reds?
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day! [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crazy start to the season as Eduardo Nunez gets an inside-the-park HR in the 1st inning.

Stanton goes deep in his first AB with the Yanks.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Crazy start to the season as Eduardo Nunez gets an inside-the-park HR in the 1st inning.

Cubs' leadoff guy hit a HR on the first pitch.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day! [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

3 HR's in total for my Cubbies today, and a win to start the season off.

Putting the W flag up when I get home tonight and hope to watch a bit of the game on MLB.tv.

Really the only professional sport I keep up with anymore and man did I miss it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nats fan here. As it goes with my Steelers, ready for another year of being regular season heroes and postseason zeroes.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Opening Day! [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipjack wrote:
Crank wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:

3 HR's in total for my Cubbies today, and a win to start the season off.

Putting the W flag up when I get home tonight and hope to watch a bit of the game on MLB.tv.

Really the only professional sport I keep up with anymore and man did I miss it!

Cubs is on pace for a 162-0 season.

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:

Ohtani (the batter) got a hit in his first AB. We'll see how Ohtani (the pitcher) does in a few days.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply

Prev Next