Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Let's Keep the flag at half staff
Quote | Reply
Parkland grieving is complete. The flag has been returned to full mast. But didn't 180 people die from opioid misuse yesterday? Oh, that was a one here and one there dying event over 24 hrs and not 18 in one location en masse. Far much easier to assimilate. I say to leave it at half staff in national disgrace until we sort out and correct how f***'ed up we are.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stop it! Now! Stop making sense. It doesn't fit their narrative.

and how many died in dui crashes this week...dang me, i violated my own order.

ban assault rifles...there...we are back on the narrative. fixed it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since 180 people died from opioid misuse yesterday then clearly now is not the time to talk about opioid misuse.

See how that works?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Since 180 people died from opioid misuse yesterday then clearly now is not the time to talk about opioid misuse.

See how that works?

But it is okay to show the survivors of the opioid misuse and give them a microphone. That isn't politicizing it, just giving them a voice.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
BLeP wrote:

See how that works?

But it is okay to show the survivors of the opioid misuse and give them a microphone. That isn't politicizing it, just giving them a voice.

Yes you can do that. And then they will be attacked as actors with an agenda.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People who put thoughts like this together, and then actually put a voice to them, how do they not feel total shame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't we just send the opioid misusers thoughts and prayers? Maybe set up a hashtag campaign?

#OpiOhNo

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
BLeP wrote:

See how that works?

And then one of those survivors will take a email from you, "inadvertently" delete part of your text, and turn it over to Spiridon and jwbeuk so that they can call you biased and just out to stir the opioid misuse debate for your side.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:

And then one of those survivors will take a email from you, "inadvertently" delete part of your text, and turn it over to Spiridon and jwbeuk so that they can call you biased and just out to stir the opioid misuse debate for your side.

I is hard to believe that someone would be actually stupid enough to do that without realizing that CNN could easily refute it by showing the entire email. The guy is a moran.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
Parkland grieving is complete. The flag has been returned to full mast. But didn't 180 people die from opioid misuse yesterday? Oh, that was a one here and one there dying event over 24 hrs and not 18 in one location en masse. Far much easier to assimilate. I say to leave it at half staff in national disgrace until we sort out and correct how f***'ed up we are.

No.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has become ridiculous. Half the time flags are at half staff because of something or other. Can't we just make all flag poles half as high and call it a day?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
This has become ridiculous. Half the time flags are at half staff because of something or other. Can't we just make all flag poles half as high and call it a day?

Or make them twice as high, so we can just fly them at normal height all the time.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

Or make them twice as high, so we can just fly them at normal height all the time.

I think we need to introduce a more complicated system of flag levels - only having 1/2 mast is inadequate. We need 3/4 mast, 1/4 mast, 7/16 mast, 13/64 mast, etc.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

I think we need to introduce a more complicated system of flag levels - only having 1/2 mast is inadequate. We need 3/4 mast, 1/4 mast, 7/16 mast, 13/64 mast, etc.

I guess this depends on how important the deceased was?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The flag will be at half staff tomorrow for Billy Graham.

http://halfstaff.org/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a liberal, so am supposed to absolve the victims of any personal responsibility. But every opioid abuser, at some point, exceeds the given dosage or dosage schedule. They had, and have, some level of input into their own situation. (Though I'm all for dropping massive hammers on bad pharma companies and bad Drs.)

Parkland students had damn near zero agency in their situation. They were nearly lilly-pure victims
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [microspawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a valid lowering. RIP Rev Graham. The frequency with which I see it flown at half mast is getting depressing. A proud nation flies it colors full. A somber nation in mourning not so. The mourning for victims, however they arrive at that status, is growing wearisome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:

You idiots really need to get on the metric system. It's not half mast, it's 0.5 of a mast. Jesus, why do you guys make everything so damn complicated.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course, you need to convert from imperial masts to metric masts first. Otherwise it's 0.624 of a metric mast.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's Keep the flag at half staff [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Point taken. No quarrell. See my post to microspawn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
BLeP wrote:

See how that works?

Oh damn that is good.

Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Of course, you need to convert from imperial masts to metric masts first. Otherwise it's 0.624 of a metric mast.

What you reckon that figures out to in stones or rods?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I clicked thinking this thread was about homeopathic remedies for ED...
Quote Reply