Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's the GOP memo [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who said this?

"Representative Devin Nunes, a man of tremendous courage and grit, may someday be recognized as a Great American Hero for what he has exposed and what he has had to endure!" (2/5/2018)

I'll guess Devin Nunes said it.

Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who cares

Thanks for coming on a thread about the GOP memo to tell us you don't care about the GOP memo.

Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
The real question is whether a Trump will approve the release of the Dem memo.

he should

EDIT: and Congressman Ryan, who I love, who was talking about how we need to shine a light on and disinfect certain areas of govt should support and/or push for it
Last edited by: ironmayb: Feb 5, 18 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
And this from a person who was supposed to have recused himself from the process due to apparent misconduct with classified information. I guess he's repealed his recusal.

One has to wonder why Trump wants to end an investigation that can prove the innocence he claims.
-
Nunes was accused of leaking classified info, immediately recused himself until cleared, was cleared.
-
https://www.nytimes.com/...-of-trump-aides.html
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
And this from a person who was supposed to have recused himself from the process due to apparent misconduct with classified information. I guess he's repealed his recusal.

One has to wonder why Trump wants to end an investigation that can prove the innocence he claims.

-
Nunes was accused of leaking classified info, immediately recused himself until cleared, was cleared.
-
https://www.nytimes.com/...-of-trump-aides.html

Thanks for the clarification.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
who cares

Thanks for coming on a thread about the GOP memo to tell us you don't care about the GOP memo.

No.. I dont care who Kay was quoting.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's what I know: If the media were doctors they'd be inundated by malpractice suits.

1. Poorly sourced news stories abound.

2. They print rumor as fact.

3. They peddle so-called "news" as clickbait.

4. Reporting is just blatantly biased these days.

5. Fact checking is also nonexistent these days.

6. Editing is largely incompetent.

7. Jagoff reporters write obvious nonsense that's refuted in less than 24 hours.

8. It's all layered over with a thick slab of journalistic hubris and sophomoric smugness.

But they've all graduated from journalism school nowadays, which makes them believe they're automatically the smartest people in any room, for some unknown -- and undeserved, regardless -- reason.

And yet we have folks here arguing for their sagaciousness and veracity.

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Here's what I know: If the media were doctors they'd be inundated by malpractice suits.

7. Jagoff reporters write obvious nonsense that's refuted in less than 24 hours.

8. It's all layered over with a thick slab of journalistic hubris and sophomoric smugness.

But they've all graduated from journalism school nowadays, which makes them believe they're automatically the smartest people in any room, for some unknown -- and undeserved, regardless -- reason.

while I don't disagree the same thing was true 1.5 years ago. It was just a different set of folks her doing the arguing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

Sounds like a description of nearly every thread you start. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That is not the actual memo that would include the facts of misleading, that is what requires being released, since those facts are classified. We are still waiting for the Democrats equivalent memo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

Yep that is all true, that is why the washington post fell for project veritas's lies. Ohh, wait they did not, because they fact check, because they look into their sources, because they do not just print rumor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.697b9e9e356e

While journalists are not perfect, the major media outlets do a generally good job of checking their sources. I trust them a lot more than I would trust Nunes.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

he should

EDIT: and Congressman Ryan, who I love, who was talking about how we need to shine a light on and disinfect certain areas of govt should support and/or push for it

You are posting on slowtwitch about your love for a man that lied about his marathon time by over a hour? I think that may be ban worthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Sounds like a description of nearly every Ithread you start. ;)

Hahaha! Takes one to know one! ;-)

Eh, at least I-m honest about what I'm up to, amirite? LOL!

Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

he should

You are posting on slowtwitch about your love for a man that lied about his marathon time by over a hour? I think that may be ban worthy.

Yeah but he's a good looking man when he lies (I'd insert the picture of him curling in muscle shirt here if I could find it). EDIT!!

Hasn't been my first ban worthy moment this week. Probably wont be the last.
Last edited by: ironmayb: Feb 5, 18 10:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not making a comment about the Nunes memo, just journalist in response to your statements.

What do you think many journalists and editors prefer? A factual unbiased article that gets minimal clicks, or a biased article full of inaccuracies that gets a ton of clicks and comments?

Based on the click-bait subjects and articles that I see - I think they care more about the clicks. With the ability to gauge reader interest based on the number of clicks and comments, some are throwing integrity out the window in favor of clicks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:

he should

speaking of ban worthy........would you prefer this visual of someone who lies??
Last edited by: ironmayb: Feb 5, 18 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

That is not the actual memo that would include the facts of misleading, that is what requires being released, since those facts are classified. We are still waiting for the Democrats equivalent memo.

It sounds to me like that memo has already been written. The politically savvy thing would be to have so much confidential info that memo that Trump couldn’t responsibly release it.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
chaparral wrote:

It sounds to me like that memo has already been written. The politically savvy thing would be to have so much confidential info that memo that Trump couldn’t responsibly release it.

Yea, I am not sure if it is better or worse for the democrats to get their memo released. I lean towards it being better for them to get it released, since it could address Nunes memo. But it would not be believed by the people that believed Nunes memo in the first place, because their is nothing to help those people. I also think releasing the democrat memo helps lessen the damage to our ability to have oversight of intelligence agencies, but can see an argument that it damages it further by simply continuing to politicize the oversight committee.

I personally want to see it release, because even the Nunes memo is revealing and gave good insight, but at a large cost.
We are reliant on Trump approving the release of information that could damage the Nunes memo, so it may not happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I'm not making a comment about the Nunes memo, just journalist in response to your statements.

What do you think many journalists and editors prefer? A factual unbiased article that gets minimal clicks, or a biased article full of inaccuracies that gets a ton of clicks and comments?

Based on the click-bait subjects and articles that I see - I think they care more about the clicks. With the ability to gauge reader interest based on the number of clicks and comments, some are throwing integrity out the window in favor of clicks.

I would disagree the big bomb shell stories that are factually unbiased get plenty of clicks and also add credibility to the media outlet. Sure day to day stories may need a jazzy headline to get clicks and may affect the body of the article, but these big stories are going to get clicks while remaining unbiased (or at lease as unbiased as possible).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn he has small hands compared to his arse.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
Damn he has small everything compared to his arse.

Fixed it for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:
Rep Eric swalwell specifically stated that fisa court was told of political bias...don't recall his exact wording. But if a judge hears political bias in midst of campaign and doesn't explore that in detail. That seems screwy. Guess you could be a fisa judge.

how do I refute solid info like that?

Looks like Nunes and Gowdy are now admitting that the FISA court was told that the Steele information had possible political bias, just that it did not say it came from the DNC or Clinton. Why they think the judge needed to be told obvious information is beyond me, do they really think the judge thought the info came from the Green party? I think it is obvious they phrased it the way they did in the memo, Nunes wanted to mislead.

https://www.politico.com/...-page-warrant-390795

Nunes should be a laughing stock right now. It is a tragedy that he is not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:
Rep Eric swalwell specifically stated that fisa court was told of political bias...don't recall his exact wording. But if a judge hears political bias in midst of campaign and doesn't explore that in detail. That seems screwy. Guess you could be a fisa judge.

how do I refute solid info like that?

Looks like Nunes and Gowdy are now admitting that the FISA court was told that the Steele information had possible political bias, just that it did not say it came from the DNC or Clinton. Why they think the judge needed to be told obvious information is beyond me, do they really think the judge thought the info came from the Green party? I think it is obvious they phrased it the way they did in the memo, Nunes wanted to mislead.

https://www.politico.com/...-page-warrant-390795

Nunes should be a laughing stock right now. It is a tragedy that he is not.

Par for the course to me, they didn't lie per se, but they didn't tell the truth. I'd be shocked if the Dem memo was much better in that regard.

I do disagree with you that a footnote saying there was "possible political bias" is the same as saying it was paid for by ________________, especially if the DNC, a Dem PAC, or Hillary's campaign is what goes in the blank. That's the same thing as what Nunes did -- not lying and not telling the truth.

In both cases what was done was done for partisan or otherwise selfish reasons and not in an attempt to be as transparent and honest as possible. The whole thing is a game to them and they have no respect for us because we keep re-electing the mother fuckers.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The criminal referral for dossier author Christopher Steele, who basically was paid by Fusion GPS, which was employed by cutout law firm Perkins-Coie -- which was working on behalf of the Clinton folks to find dirt on Donny Two Scoops. I'm betting that was very, very difficult.

The referral itself is heavily redacted, so fair warning.

Steele is being referred to the prosecutorial arms of the government for a possible violation of 18 USC 1001. A violation of this section of the US Code makes it criminal to lie or to mislead or conceal by trickery any material fact to a federal tribunal or inquiry. The document is so heavily redacted that I can't figure out just exactly what it is Steele's being accused of misleading the FBI about. It appears to be either:

1. The timing of when he told the FBI he gave briefings to the media. In other words, Steele claimed these briefings occurred at the end of October 2016 but in fact he has now admitted some occurred in the summer/early fall of 2016.

OR (and)

2. That Steele remained in close contact with a Clinton associate (whose name is redacted) and possibly someone else closely related to the Clinton organization (his name is also redacted), both of whom appear to have been feeding Steele "intelligence," which he may have passed off as his own product and the result of his effort alone.

Those redacted names most likely belong to non-intelligence officers/longtime Hillary Clinton "fixers" and smear merchants Sidney Blumenthal and Cody Shearer, the latter being, probably, the genesis of the second dossier that Steele wrote, which is also noted in the criminal referral.

Shearer himself isn't a counterintel bubba or anything remotely close to being so. He's just a dirt seller, like his pal Blumenthal. And they both appear to have avidly fed a smorgasbord of rumors to Steele who, himself eager to take out Two Scoops, lapped it up like a hungry British bulldog. ;-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next