Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Here's the GOP memo [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
saltman wrote:
Rachel was def out over the tips of her skis on the tax return nonsense, but doesnt even begin to compare to Hannity pushing the Seth Rich conspiracy theory.

I'm not defending Fox News and especially not Hannity, you on the other hand......................
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
cholla wrote:
saltman wrote:
The shame in all of this is that everyday americans believe MSNBC is the leftist equivalent of Fox News.

When all is said and done there will be a clear right and wrong side. I will bet dollars to donuts that the MSNBC will have been closer to the truth of the matter tha Fox News by an extremely wide margin.

Absolutely, 100% true. Bet on it.

Hahahahahaha! MSNBC and Fox are two sides of the same coin. All I know is I feel stupider after watching either one of them.

In fact, all three of the major cable news nets are on par with Alex Jones and InfoWars these days. Actually, Jones probably has better production values. ;-)

BK, do you realise that this is what Trump and Bannon have been trying to persuade people to believe for the last two years?

Because once you undermine the public’s faith in mainstream journalism, you open the door to being able to do just what the fuck you want without fearing the media. Which basically mean you can do just what the fuck you want. And you elevate shits like Alex Jones to some form of pseudo-respectability into the bargain.

It is a genuine disaster.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I check smerconish on saturday...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spiridon Louis wrote:
saltman wrote:
Rachel was def out over the tips of her skis on the tax return nonsense, but doesnt even begin to compare to Hannity pushing the Seth Rich conspiracy theory.

I'm not defending Fox News and especially not Hannity, you on the other hand......................

I defend the truth and I think its clear to most with a brain that what MSNBC presents night in and night out is closer to the truth. This will become known, with 1 big caveat. Republicans I fear will choose to shut this investigation down. Ask yourself why so many Republicans are suddenly retiring from congress.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
I check smerconish on saturday...

Good stuff from him right here:
https://www.cnn.com/...o-vs-actual-memo.cnn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saltman wrote:
Spiridon Louis wrote:
saltman wrote:

I defend the truth and I think its clear to most with a brain that what MSNBC presents night in and night out is closer to the truth. This will become known, with 1 big caveat. Republicans I fear will choose to shut this investigation down. Ask yourself why so many Republicans are suddenly retiring from congress.

If you don't favor MSNBC you don't have a brain. Beauty.

I don't know why a few ("so many") Republicans are "suddenly" retiring from Congress. And neither do you. Truth? It's pretty clear to me you're not interested in that or you wouldn't be so free with true Scotsman arguments and innuendo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more thing, I can't wait to read the Dem memo. I think it will really define the partisan nature of this whole thing -- 2 totally different views of the same issue, neither being as honest as they are partisan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree, almost whole show (except eagle part....not so much). Seriously disagree that many lawyers think prez cannot be indicted....rather u have to go congressional route. With hyper partisan stuff in congress justice(?) not likely served by them. Wish Buckley still around.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listen dude. 4 people have already been charged in Mueller’s investigation. That’s a fact. Mueller is a decorated Marine that was a Republican appointee as FBI director. For your own sake and the sake of your family name, I truly hope you wake the fuck up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more thing, I can't wait to read the Dem memo. I think it will really define the partisan nature of this whole thing -- 2 totally different views of the same issue, neither being as honest as they are partisan.

You can have a point of view but there are facts in the memo and facts that were purposefully deleted. Once we see the entire thing, it will become clear the Republicans were picking and choosing things to discredit the FBI, ammunition the can use later against Mueller.

It's very disturbing that people don't see this for what it is, an attempted smear campaign and the memo that was released, showing the investigation was going on 3 months before this attempted smokescreen just proves it. The memo really backfired and Nunes is left looking really bad.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saltman wrote:

I find both Maddow and Hannity unwatchable. I genuinely dislike them as people.
Last edited by: SH: Feb 3, 18 10:46
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg66 wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
cholla wrote:
saltman wrote:
The shame in all of this is that everyday americans believe MSNBC is the leftist equivalent of Fox News.

When all is said and done there will be a clear right and wrong side. I will bet dollars to donuts that the MSNBC will have been closer to the truth of the matter tha Fox News by an extremely wide margin.

Absolutely, 100% true. Bet on it.

Hahahahahaha! MSNBC and Fox are two sides of the same coin. All I know is I feel stupider after watching either one of them.

In fact, all three of the major cable news nets are on par with Alex Jones and InfoWars these days. Actually, Jones probably has better production values. ;-)

BK, do you realise that this is what Trump and Bannon have been trying to persuade people to believe for the last two years?

Because once you undermine the public’s faith in mainstream journalism, you open the door to being able to do just what the fuck you want without fearing the media. Which basically mean you can do just what the fuck you want. And you elevate shits like Alex Jones to some form of pseudo-respectability into the bargain.

It is a genuine disaster.

I don't trust mainstream journalism, especially not of the MSNBC/FOX/CNN variety. I don't trust opinion journalism, which suffuses those three news nets, oftentimes making it almost impossible to distinguish between "hard news" and "opinion news." I trust my own senses and my ability to learn things, and that's it. I've been in the middle of it and seen it with my own eyes (and even participated in it from time to time). Almost all journalists are biased or partisan in one direction or another.

What I've seen these last few weeks, in this furor over the release of this memo, is a mainstream press doing its best to cover for government in a way it NEVER would have in the Pentagon Papers/Watergate days -- giving the lie to its proclamations about the need for transparency in government. That should worry all of you. Because it appears the fourth estate, in large part, has been co-opted by forces on both sides of the political divide and is doing their work, not its own (and certainly not ours).

What I also want to know is why Democrats and the news media -- in their screaming about the memo exposing "sources and methods" and jeopardizing national security, neither of which that document even came close to doing -- lied so baldfacedly about the contents of the memo, and why the FBI and DOJ fought so vigorously to prevent the thing even seeing the light of day? I mean, given what everyone here is saying about the innocuousness of the contents anyway.

It seems to me we need to make sure government bends to our will, not that government bends us to its will, which is what it appears -- on the face of things -- that the FBI, the DOJ and most other aspects of government are continually attempting, and all the while aided by a significant portion of the media that seems to be cheerleading government in its efforts to do so.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Feb 3, 18 11:23
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:
saltman wrote:
A) Do you expect 100% hit rate on people being investigated?

B) He isn’t out of the woods.

This is honestly nonsensical, these rebuttals. Seriously if his name was Muhammed and the country in question was Iran, you fuckers would be asking why he isnt in Guantanamo. I cannot fucking imagine the shitshow this country would be in if Muhammed then also worked on Hillary’s campaign.

I honestly expect nothing of this board, but holy motherfuck is it off the deep end these days.

1. I expect 100% following the rules if we are to spy on people.
  2. I don't care if he's not out of the woods. I am not going to justify or defend this based on what is found or not. Spying on Americans without proper cause is wrong. Period.
  3. Muslims should also not be spied on without proper cause and documentation.

Anything else?

Please expand on "without proper cause."

Have you read the FISA warrants? Apparently not even Nunes has read them, with is frankly incredible.

Fair point. In doing some research, I cam across this interesting document. Take a look and let me know what you think.

http://constitutionus.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saltman wrote:
Listen dude. 4 people have already been charged in Mueller’s investigation. That’s a fact. Mueller is a decorated Marine that was a Republican appointee as FBI director. For your own sake and the sake of your family name, I truly hope you wake the fuck up.

I can't seem to find what these four people were charged with? I'm wondering if they were charged with the things they were being investigated for or other things that were uncovered during the investigation? I'll Google it. Let me know if you beat me to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
saltman wrote:

I can't seem to find what these four people were charged with? I'm wondering if they were charged with the things they were being investigated for or other things that were uncovered during the investigation? I'll Google it. Let me know if you beat me to it.

Colluding with the Russians of course. That is what Mueller has proved -- that Trump and his minions conspired with the Russians to rig the election.

Or has everyone in the FBI, including Comey, testified that there is no evidence of Trump colluding with the Russians?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Apparently not even Nunes has read them, with is frankly incredible.

You're surprised that a Congressman signed off on something he's never read? That's standard operating procedure on the hill.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:
saltman wrote:

This is honestly nonsensical, these rebuttals. Seriously if his name was Muhammed and the country in question was Iran, you fuckers would be asking why he isnt in Guantanamo. I cannot fucking imagine the shitshow this country would be in if Muhammed then also worked on Hillary’s campaign.

I honestly expect nothing of this board, but holy motherfuck is it off the deep end these days.

2. I don't care if he's not out of the woods. I am not going to justify or defend this based on what is found or not. Spying on Americans without proper cause is wrong. Period.

Anything else?

Have you read the FISA warrants? Apparently not even Nunes has read them, with is frankly incredible.

Fair point. In doing some research, I cam across this interesting document. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Cute. How about givibg some details on the point you're trying to make.

Again, how do you know the FBI did not have propper cause? What details were in the FISA warrant? Was the FISA warrant restricted to information in the Steele dossier, or Was there other information about Page that concerned authorities? Was relying on information in the Steele dossier unconstitutional? The judges were told it was information gained through political sources.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: spudone: Feb 3, 18 13:07
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if they were charged with the things they were being investigated for or other things that were uncovered during the investigation?

Well, that's okay and proves they did nothing wrong...

Everyone move along now, nothing more to see here.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Feb 3, 18 13:33
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since everyone's looking for the partisan angles, it's probably worth remembering that the FISA court is one of the most conservative in the country. 12 of the 14 judges that have served on it this year are Republicans.

They are only Republicans if they defend the President at all costs.

If not, then they are traitors, have Trump Derangement Syndrome and/or umm...why don't they investigate HILLARY !!!!

You must be new around here.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
DJRed wrote:
saltman wrote:

Anything else?

Here is the opinion of a former homicide prosecutor who now works as a civil rights counselor. Take a look and let me know what you think.

https://www.cnn.com/...n-opinion/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Since everyone's looking for the partisan angles, it's probably worth remembering that the FISA court is one of the most conservative in the country. 12 of the 14 judges that have served on it this year are Republicans.

Not that any of the Trump defenders will care.
-
I don't know if that matters, as the rub here, at least in the Nunes memo, is with what is being offered to the court for consideration, not bias among the judges. There's probably no bias anyway, as their answer is virtually always yes.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I don't know if that matters, as the rub here, at least in the Nunes memo, is with what is being offered to the court for consideration, not bias among the judges. There's probably no bias anyway, as their answer is virtually always yes.

I believe it was JSA who explained why that high approval rate is misleading, largely because of the rigorous process involved in bringing the final proposal to the judge.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Are you aware the committee had an agreement with DOJ to have only one member of the committee read the warrants? The Nunes memo relies on that person's summary of the documents, along with other testimony.
Quote Reply
Re: Here's the GOP memo [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:
Are you aware the committee had an agreement with DOJ to have only one member of the committee read the warrants? The Nunes memo relies on that person's summary of the documents, along with other testimony.

Well, in that case, I'm filled with warm and fuzzies.
Quote Reply

Prev Next