Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
orphious wrote:
He's not a white guy? LOL.. I dunno anyone's race on here.

-
obviously, he's whatever race he thinks he is, and you have to accept his choice.

He'll tell you that he's been any number of races at one point or another in his illustrious life.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
AutomaticJack wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
We're screwed, blued and tattooed. I think Ruby Ridge may become my destination even sooner. ;-)

Did you just quote a song by Sleeze Beez?

Ya know, sir... I'm not actually the Neanderthalic right-wing cretin that I frequently play on TV. ;-)

Even then, that is a pretty esoteric reference, and don't call me sir, my parents were married to each other.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And write an essay about your favorite member of Barenaked Ladies.

Steve Hawley wrote:
MTBSully wrote:
Surely we can keep our shotguns and muzzle loaders, but the scary plastic rifles must stay.

I'm game for maple syrup chugging as part of the citizenship test.

Pretty sure you've got to be able to sing first complete stanza of "Cuts Like a Knife" for entry into Canada
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
And write an essay about your favorite member of Barenaked Ladies.

Steve Hawley wrote:
MTBSully wrote:
Surely we can keep our shotguns and muzzle loaders, but the scary plastic rifles must stay.

Pretty sure you've got to be able to sing first complete stanza of "Cuts Like a Knife" for entry into Canada

Shit. I was doing pretty well until that.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Not a big fan of hers (or the current guy), and if it's her and Donny Two-Scoops squaring off against each other in 2020 I'm simply not going to vote for anyone, or vote ever again.

The last election knocked me out. First time I didn't for a president since 1984. US politics are a joke.
2020 Battle of the Network Stars will just add insult to injury. I will never vote again.

Hasn't it always been a popularity contest? It's not like the biggest factor in getting elected has been competency in the past.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

Always bet on White. You will likely bat .989!

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:
Last summer I told my wife that if Trump won I would be very worried about the people of the US. She told me over the weekend that if 2020 is Oprah v. Trump we are packing up.

No idea if we would be moving to Canada or Saturn.

Canada wouldn't have us.

You think maybe we could volunteer as lab rats for Elon Musk and his Mars flight? ;-)

Yeah we would. Just trade in your guns for hockey gear at the border and get a free jug of maple syrup on arrival.

I can live with that! (I just don't know if Canada could, at least in my case ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
This will be Kahuna in few years after he moves there. :o)

I'm halfway there now! ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Don't think so, no....

Heh. I'm a brown-skinned moron. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
MTBSully wrote:

Now that's just a damn bridge TOO FAR, sir! ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
orphious wrote:

-
obviously, he's whatever race he thinks he is, and you have to accept his choice.

Really? What will get me the most affirmative action-type goodies? ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
dave_w wrote:
orphious wrote:

-

He'll tell you that he's been any number of races at one point or another in his illustrious life.

This is true. I'm an actual Mutt-American, though one with glorious golden-brown skin. ;-)

Paternal grandmother was Messican-Apache, but paternal grandfather was Messican-Sicilian (his dad came over from Sicily and decided, for some reason, to find work in Texas). They were both from the border area near Laredo, and my great grandfather -- who was 109 when died -- was from the other side of the border and was almost hanged when he was 16, back in 1899, for horse thieving. His name was Pedro Villareal and he legally immigrated in 1901, crossing into the US through the border station in Laredo, paying his ten or twenty-five cent fee (my aunt Rosie told me once how much) and showed proof of an "employment situation" and then went to work in Pennsylvania first, and then Detroit, where he lived the rest of his life.That's how easy immigration was back in the day, heh-heh.

My maternal grandfather's name was Francis ("Frank") Dudenski (he died in WWII, on July 6, 1944, US Army tank driver), though, but my maternal grandmother was named Betty Miller (great grandmother, Daisy Belle Miller), from south of Clarksville, TN. I have aunts and uncles and cousins on that side named Ray-Dell, Aunt Dodie, Uncle Jim-Bob. They're all honest-to-God Scotch-Irish-English hillbillies hahahahaha!. I have aunts, uncles and cousins on the other side (my dad's) with last names like Lopez, Duron, etc. My father was born in a dusty nowhere town named Blanco, also in Texas. My mother, Theresa Dudenski, right here in the Motor City. My father and my grandparents came up to Detroit after WWII, where my grandfather went to work in the auto factories.

I never knew my grandfather Frank, and my mother was only two years old when he was killed in action. Here's his picture, ca. 1940, with his mother (my great grandmother): His family had come from Poland, also at the turn of the century.

His Veteran's Administration death attestation for my grandmother Betty and my mother:

His Purple Heart, awarded when he was KIA driving a tank:

You might say that I'm the modern-day quintessential American. From everywhere and nowhere, all at once! LOL!

Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's astounding about this to me is that you have it at your fingertips midday on a Thursday. I could probably write the essay regarding any of my family tree, but I certainly don't have pictures and documentation to go with it readily available. I'd be hard pressed to do that at home. Unless of course your one of THOSE work-from-home types. In which case, I hate you...and I'm no longer impressed.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!
28 Mar, 2014

Anybody want to bet on the date of Barron’s diagnosis? He would have just turned eight.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
What's astounding about this to me is that you have it at your fingertips midday on a Thursday. I could probably write the essay regarding any of my family tree, but I certainly don't have pictures and documentation to go with it readily available. I'd be hard pressed to do that at home. Unless of course your one of THOSE work-from-home types. In which case, I hate you...and I'm no longer impressed.

I don't work from home. But I'm the big-boss GM and I split my days off and decided to take a Thursday this week. I just happened to come home, after being out all morning running errands for my sister, and that stuff was sitting in a file cabinet in my home office. And if there's anything that I love talking about, it's myself (hahahahaha!) so... ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!
28 Mar, 2014

Anybody want to bet on the date of Barron’s diagnosis? He would have just turned eight.

I usually leave a president's minor children out of the stuff we get up to, but that's just me and I don't have a right to criticize anyone else. I did that with President Obama and President Bush (Bush 43) and with President Clinton as well. They didn't ask to be turned into centers of attention when their fathers ran for office and then became president. Plus, they're constantly turned into props by every adult around them. It's a wonder they don't grow up psychotic, isn't it?

The First Ladies and adult children are a different matter, but only if they involve themselves in the politics side of the house. Then, as with Mafia families, they're not "civilians." Have at 'em, I say. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would generally leave a child out as well but when the life experience of one child can shape a president’s view so clearly and in direct opposition to science and then such positions could be spun into policy that could affect millions...
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
I would generally leave a child out as well but when the life experience of one child can shape a president’s view so clearly and in direct opposition to science and then such positions could be spun into policy that could affect millions...

So, Barron Trump suffers from autism (or Asperger's or the like)? He just seems like a quiet boy whose world was turned upside down. I saw the same looks, initially, in President Obama's two girls.

When I was a boy I used to think it would be cool to be the child of the President, or a prince or a child of a world-famous celebrity. Then I grew up and saw the kind of microscope adults put those kids under. No thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bam. Right answer. I disagree with some of your policy positions, but we're brothers in arms on this.

big kahuna wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

28 Mar, 2014

I usually leave a president's minor children out of the stuff we get up to, but that's just me and I don't have a right to criticize anyone else. I did that with President Obama and President Bush (Bush 43) and with President Clinton as well. They didn't ask to be turned into centers of attention when their fathers ran for office and then became president. Plus, they're constantly turned into props by every adult around them. It's a wonder they don't grow up psychotic, isn't it?

The First Ladies and adult children are a different matter, but only if they involve themselves in the politics side of the house. Then, as with Mafia families, they're not "civilians." Have at 'em, I say. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Bam. Right answer. I disagree with some of your policy positions, but we're brothers in arms on this.

big kahuna wrote:

I don't have policy positions. I have what are known as "half-formed thoughts." ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the length of your posts, I'd sure hate to see how long one of your fully formed thoughts is.

big kahuna wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

big kahuna wrote:

I don't have policy positions. I have what are known as "half-formed thoughts." ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
From the length of your posts, I'd sure hate to see how long one of your fully formed thoughts is.

big kahuna wrote:
MidwestRoadie wrote:

big kahuna wrote:

I'm like my own version of the famed Infinite Monkey Theorem. You know: an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters and an infinite amount of time and, BLAM! I just created the entire works of Shakespeare. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Not a big fan of hers (or the current guy), and if it's her and Donny Two-Scoops squaring off against each other in 2020 I'm simply not going to vote for anyone, or vote ever again. Because our republic will have doomed itself at that point and I'll be too busy constructing my tar paper shack in the Montana wilds to -- or up on Ruby Ridge -- to really care all that much about the former America. ;-)

"Winfrey’s role in this controversy dates back to 2007, when she brought Jenny McCarthy, the Playboy model and actress, onto her show to talk about autism. McCarthy’s young son, Evan, had suffered a series of seizures at two-and-a-half years old and was later diagnosed with autism. McCarthy was adamant that the MMR vaccination Evan received as a baby caused his autism. On the show, McCarthy told Oprah she had been instinctually uncomfortable with allowing the doctor to give her son the vaccine. “I said to the doctor, I have a very bad feeling about this shot,” McCarthy recounted. “This is the autism shot, isn’t it?”

On the show, McCarthy’s claims went virtually unchallenged. Winfrey praised McCarthy as a “mother warrior” and plugged her book Louder Than Words: A Mother’s Journey in Healing Autism, which inaccurately suggests childhood vaccinations contribute to autism. Winfrey did read a brief statement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which said there was no scientific evidence of a connection and that scientists were continuing to study the causes of autism. “It is important to remember, vaccines protect and save lives. Vaccines protect infants, children and adults from the unnecessary harm and premature death caused by vaccine-preventable diseases,” the CDC statement concluded. But McCarthy had the final word. “My science is named Evan, and he’s at home,” she said. “That’s my science.”"

I recall some pundit the other day calling Oprah Winfrey "America's preeminent snake oil salesman." Personally, I think it's Gwyneth "Goop" Paltrow, but Winfrey (and the guy in the White House, to tell the truth) are pretty high up on that list. ;-)

Jenna McCarthy's son was diagnosed with something else (I forget what), but it was not autism.

Why is it Gwyneth "Goop"?
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
original wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Not a big fan of hers (or the current guy), and if it's her and Donny Two-Scoops squaring off against each other in 2020 I'm simply not going to vote for anyone, or vote ever again. Because our republic will have doomed itself at that point and I'll be too busy constructing my tar paper shack in the Montana wilds to -- or up on Ruby Ridge -- to really care all that much about the former America. ;-)

"Winfrey’s role in this controversy dates back to 2007, when she brought Jenny McCarthy, the Playboy model and actress, onto her show to talk about autism. McCarthy’s young son, Evan, had suffered a series of seizures at two-and-a-half years old and was later diagnosed with autism. McCarthy was adamant that the MMR vaccination Evan received as a baby caused his autism. On the show, McCarthy told Oprah she had been instinctually uncomfortable with allowing the doctor to give her son the vaccine. “I said to the doctor, I have a very bad feeling about this shot,” McCarthy recounted. “This is the autism shot, isn’t it?”

On the show, McCarthy’s claims went virtually unchallenged. Winfrey praised McCarthy as a “mother warrior” and plugged her book Louder Than Words: A Mother’s Journey in Healing Autism, which inaccurately suggests childhood vaccinations contribute to autism. Winfrey did read a brief statement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which said there was no scientific evidence of a connection and that scientists were continuing to study the causes of autism. “It is important to remember, vaccines protect and save lives. Vaccines protect infants, children and adults from the unnecessary harm and premature death caused by vaccine-preventable diseases,” the CDC statement concluded. But McCarthy had the final word. “My science is named Evan, and he’s at home,” she said. “That’s my science.”"

I recall some pundit the other day calling Oprah Winfrey "America's preeminent snake oil salesman." Personally, I think it's Gwyneth "Goop" Paltrow, but Winfrey (and the guy in the White House, to tell the truth) are pretty high up on that list. ;-)

Jenna McCarthy's son was diagnosed with something else (I forget what), but it was not autism.

Why is it Gwyneth "Goop"?

McCarthy is on record stating her son was diagnosed with autism, and that recent stories that he wasn't are wrong.

Gwyneth Paltrow is "Goop" because that is her company/website that hawks ridiculous "treatments" for people with more money than sense. Like jade eggs a woman is supposed to stuff up her hoo-haa (not making that up) to all sorts of detox crap and other assorted bullshit. https://goop.com Much of what she hypes can be downright dangerous.

Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
Gwyneth Paltrow is "Goop" because that is her company/website that hawks ridiculous "treatments" for people with more money than sense. Like jade eggs a woman is supposed to stuff up her hoo-haa (not making that up) to all sorts of detox crap and other assorted bullshit. https://goop.com Much of what she hypes can be downright dangerous.

She's a piece of work, all right. Check this one out: ;-)

Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop is promoting at-home coffee enema kits.

Quote Reply

Prev Next