Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
No dedicated thread to the Wolf book?
Quote | Reply
It's amazing, not because the anecdotes being discussed are true (or not, but going with true) but that trump genuinely comes off as a certifiably off his meds............but so does almost everyone else

It literally appears to be a case of the inmates running the asylum..........
Last edited by: Andrewmc: Jan 5, 18 8:15
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two things I found amusing.

Trump tweeted that the book is "full of lies".

Trumps lawyer sent a letter to the author and Bannon about non disclosure and ranting about sharing "confidential information".

So which is it? All lies? Or true confidential information?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Trumps lawyer sent a letter to the author and Bannon about non disclosure and ranting about sharing "confidential information".

Both!

Lawyer: "Mr. Trump told you those lies in confidence!"

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnman wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Both!

Lawyer: "Mr. Trump told you those lies in confidence!"

OMG, this place is killing me today! Well done sir!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll be buying it as soon as Amazon gets their shit together with the kindle version.

Will read with interest with a dash of scepticism thrown in
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's hard not to recall the last season of House of Cards. The shows writers must all be high-fiving right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
"confidential information".

“She often described the mechanics behind it to friends: an absolutely clean pate—a contained island after scalp-reduction ­surgery—surrounded by a furry circle of hair around the sides and front, from which all ends are drawn up to meet in the center and then swept back and secured by a stiffening spray.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/ivanka-reveals-the-truth-about-trumps-hairand-mocks-it-too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

That is part of the deal. You have no idea what part of it is true and what part of it is made up. It is ok if the people quoted made it up, that is part of the story.

But if the author made it up, then it is just a work of fiction in line with the lies Melania tells Donald when she tells him his useless micropenis is just what she was hoping for.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:

That is part of the deal. You have no idea what part of it is true and what part of it is made up. It is ok if the people quoted made it up, that is part of the story.

But if the author made it up, then it is just a work of fiction in line with the lies Melania tells Donald when she tells him his useless micropenis is just what she was hoping for.

Do you think that is true of most women who marry old rich dudes?
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most do it because they have a lot in common, perhaps they both like soup............
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
j p o wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Do you think that is true of most women who marry old rich dudes?

Not being old, rich, or possessing an ineffective micropenis (my micropenis is very effective thank you very much) it is difficult for me to say. Though it would not surprise me.

However, I am now cursing myself for planting the image of an old flaccid micropenis in my head (and now yours too, you are welcome). ButI have newfound sympathy for Melania.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In typical expose books like this (i.e. any of Goldman's books) the truth is not at the top of the list. The true motive is to sell & make $, and if there's truth then it's an added bonus.

Before I get accused of being a Trump ballwasher, my application for said ballwasher is still under review and I understand there's a long wait list.
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's true but in most exposes the author has not been in the midst of it as an invitee.

In my experience if this was ALL lies. Trump would have come down like a ton of bricks but all he has done is sent letters from lawyers saying don't publish or we will send more letters........
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [goodman5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goodman5 wrote:
It's hard not to recall the last season of House of Cards. The shows writers must all be high-fiving right now.

I'll buy the audiobook if Kevin Spacey reads it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't read the book and don't plan on reading the book but there is probably some truth in it. How much and which part is true is well...hard to distinguish.

Andrewmc wrote:
That's true but in most exposes the author has not been in the midst of it as an invitee.

In my experience if this was ALL lies. Trump would have come down like a ton of bricks but all he has done is sent letters from lawyers saying don't publish or we will send more letters........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In related news, Omarosa reportedly sprained all eight fingers and one thumb trying to get her tell-all to press ASAP.

Girl's gonna get paid.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
I haven't read the book and don't plan on reading the book but there is probably some truth in it. How much and which part is true is well...hard to distinguish.

Andrewmc wrote:

According to the author he has tapes to back a lot of it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wolfe penned a piece for New York magazine that, I presume, summarizes the gist of the book.

Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President

Ouch.

Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
In related news, Omarosa reportedly sprained all eight fingers and one thumb trying to get her tell-all to press ASAP.

Girl's gonna get paid.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Wolfe penned a piece for New York magazine that, I presume, summarizes the gist of the book.

Ouch.

Serves him right. I hope it's been miserable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Ouch.

I said that long before the election.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...%20to%20win#p5793988

Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m about half way through it.

It’s fucking entertaining. It’s much more about those around Trump than Trump himself: in the first half the triangle of Kushner, Bannon and Priebus gets quite a lot of airtime, with Trump portrayed as the empty vessel in the Middle sure of little more than that his lack of knowledge about everything is no impediment to anything.

There’s a ring of truth the overall themes: quite a lot in the first half seems to come from Roger Ailes or Bannon, and (crucially) neither is issuing blanket denials.

Whether the author has embroidered in a way to alter the real meaning, or not got the context right, or misaligned the dots is hard to know. I’d be surprised if he hasn’t somewhere, but equally I’d be surprised if having done so the overall message is skewed. In many respects it simply confirms what has been obvious for a year: the WH is utterly dysfunctional, there is no structure, no plan, and too many people vying for the ear of a fickle and self-aggrandising President.
Quote Reply
Re: No dedicated thread to the Wolf book? [Greg66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yet to some, it is functioning just fine.

Tabloids seem to be making a comeback, then again, that is what the "Real" news has turned into these days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Most do it because they have a lot in common, perhaps they both like soup............

Best in Show, well done sir.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply

Prev Next