Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Positive feedback for unitedathletica from October purchased a trek speed concept XS from this seller, everything was as described, shipping from within the US forwarded from NY state as advertised

seems like his reputation is being held hostage after a seller tried to take advantage

Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [lenadacleana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, nice try. He has a less than stellar reputation. Others have had issues. The seller didn’t try to take advantage. The buyer did. He chose a different direction and wanted to return after the seller was willing to send out the missing part. Buyer then got money back and instead of being an honest upstanding person and sending the items back he decided to be a DISHONEST THIEF.

There is no other explanation, what he is doing is theft. That is plain and simple. He is trying to come up with every reason to justify why he is or should be a thief, but it doesn’t change the fact that he is a thief until he returns the goods.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I have said, I called paypal to refund you because I figured you would return the groupset. My mistake.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should never issue a refund before the goods are returned.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [lenadacleana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lenadacleana wrote:
Positive feedback for unitedathletica from October purchased a trek speed concept XS from this seller, everything was as described, shipping from within the US forwarded from NY state as advertised

seems like his reputation is being held hostage after a seller tried to take advantage

He has the money and the parts but the seller is the one trying to take advantage?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [unitedathletica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:
If the seller would have been willing to accept return when i first requested it
I had a friend travalling to Rochester

When a transaction involves friends or could only be saved by friends (or “cousins” ) traveling to Rochester, something has gone terribly wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been here for about 4 years. I have purchased and sold many items without any hiccups. I have recently purchased from UA and got the item as described without any issues but it sounds as though others have run into some issue. I have read through the post and see it is quite a cluster. Everyone can form their own opinion on the situation but can see a general trend.
I recently purchased from what I thought was a reputable seller and he took my money and never shipped the Etap set. PP refunded my money but I found it discouraging to be defrauded here. I always felt I could buy with confidence on ST but that is changing.
I wish the two parties would just work it out amicably and do the honorable thing. Let’s preserve the integrity of the classified section. I believe we all would benefit if we could.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also wish I didn't have to resort to this, but he was not responding to any other form of contact and has said that he doesn't care that he stole from me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you did not agree to the refund, paypal forced it. pay ruled in my favor and not
'' the seller agreed to refund ''
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [unitedathletica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still attempting to justify theft? Give it up man. Send him his group set back.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have 1 card to the group the seller
has trolled me at every corner, we are communicating to find a resolution privatly then he comes here and keeps pilling in on.

i bought a group that did not arrive as described

I requested a return for refund ( he gave me the middle finger response )

I opened a case with paypal. he booted from the group abusing his admin privileges
( offering the same resolution he gave the middle finger response )

I called in paypal, while on the phone they reviewed and granted me a refund that was 3 days ago.
As much as i am enjoying your opinion issues need to address. he is an experience would he really send a refund without getting his money.

today
9 various missed calls from unknown #'s from his area code
19 FB messages just telling me im shit

its hard to see when there is a high fecal matter content in my eyes.
and this fun experience
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Paul,
i appreciate the imput its helping i hope you enjoyed the dash saddle you bought from me, we did not seem to have any issues with our transaction
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey kevin how did that bontrager hilo saddle workout for you ? smooth any feedback as described
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:
hey kevin how did that bontrager hilo saddle workout for you ? smooth any feedback as described

Like I said in my earlier post, my transaction with you was fine.
I don't think that justifies you keeping -both- the money and the groupset in this case. Thats theft. Doesn't really matter if you are pissed off, you can't keep both.
Hopefully you guys come to an agreement..

PS. I hated the f'ing saddle! lol. But thats not your fault. :)
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Nov 18, 17 13:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why doesn't he send you the charger, which he offered to do, and you return his money. I don't think he was under any obligation to refund your money and accept a return. Sounds like he honestly forgot to include the charger and offered to ship it to you which would have made your deal whole.

He ships you the charger, you'll have a complete groupset, which you can keep or resell if you choose.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should i pay the $333 bill or import shipping and fee's
i understand shipping being on my but that fact that i am 3rd party and won't be able to get the duty i was slapped with really suck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wouldn’t you have had to pay the $333 import taxes regardless? if the group was complete, that would have still been owed either way right? and if he sends you the charger it’s not like you have to pay again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:
i understand shipping being on my but that fact that i am 3rd party and won't be able to get the duty i was slapped with really suck.

What would you have done if he had not forgotten to ship the charger? Fuss about the $333 and demand a refund?

You think that $333 is a lot, think about how much you will lose when nobody buys anything from you after reading about what kind of person you are. Between here and various FB groups, I've seen half a dozen people come forward and say they had issues with sending you money and never getting their stuff. I was actually interested in buying some of the stuff you had listed here for sale. Not anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes from all the negative feedback i have received in the past thanks for the feedback!
I feel like im having a conversation with Ben Carson.
Now i know why Rick destroyed the council of ricks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man I feel bad for that dude that stole for OP he is just on another level of pathetic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:

Well, first of all, you STILL can't keep both the money and the groupset - theft IMHO.

With regards to the $333 taxes and shipping fees - the shipping fees are on you, you chose to essentially ship the product a second time via your re-mailer. The taxes - are you saying that your importer paid them for you, and now you have to pay the importer? Then getting the refund is a discussion between you and them. They must have some way.....what if someone imported a 10k item through them, and needed to return it...they must have a way to recoup the 1500 taxes on behalf of the buyer as long as paperwork is filed?
Anyway, you need to discuss that with your importer, and in the meantime, either send the groupset back or his money back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the responses all. I'm not personally telling ANYBODY to harass or get in contact with you. I only made your information public so others may not fall in to the same trap, just to help some other folks out. It is the weekend though so I don't really expect him to make a label until Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
critical thinking, no longer a thing ?

Paypal granted him the refund because the seller would not budge

He is being trolled here on FB swap meet which he can not defend since he was booted

The seller is misleading in his story, if he would have agreed to the refund the message from PayPal to the buyer would have been. these are scripted.

'' Seller agreed to a return, we've determined that you'll be
eligible for a refund (including handling and shipping) once you've
returned the merchandise to the seller. ''

So the is not being honest about the transaction

Legally speaking the buyer owes you nothing as per the PayPal User Agreement

Not saying he should keep the money and the groupset but seller should take some of the responsibility.

Also its 820 $ it was 3 days ago, way to give the buyer time to respond keep in mind its a holiday season people are traveling.

Your using vinegar instead of Honey, Your holding his reputation hostage

this could be seen as Exaction and Defamation Of Character.

hopefully you guys come to an amicable agreement.

best of luck

Last edited by: lenadacleana: Nov 18, 17 15:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you bringing up a 2 year old sale with me? I don’t remember you but apparently had no issue with the transaction. Great. That doesn’t mean the concerns raised here aren’t legit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was willing to work it out these were my terms

- You will cover the cost os a shipping label from bike flight
- The phone calls stop, where ever you posted my # take it down
- Take down your post from ST and the swop meet i keep getting harassed
- The fee's will be split '' duty. '' only

If you are are alright with this terms then we can move forward.
the response i received

1. Sure
2. I'll take your number down, but no guarantees they'll stop, I didn't tell anyone to do anything ( so you did post my personal information )
3. No, I will close them and tell them the issue is resolved, but I will not delete them. because your word has been so great so far ! i had no issues before you !
4. There should be no duty according to the other members. the opinion of another member or the proof i have forwarded or a government website !

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

original cost of the group $820 ( $820 was refunded by PayPal )
$820 USD to CAD via xe.com $1060 CAD
cost duty into Canada
via http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/...acl/est-cal-eng.html
$317 CAD via to USD via xe.com $249 USD
cost of forwarding service $8
cost of brokerage service $32
cost of shipping from the mail forwarder in champlain NY $44
cost of being trolled harasses priceless ! lol
my cost despite the refund : 333 USD

i tried to meet you halfway.
Quote Reply

Prev Next