Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [unitedathletica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but you do realize you still have my money and my groupset right?
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [skinnyguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fishy, i am paying from a paypal verified merchant account, you wanted to charge me 200 to ship a set of wheels i could have provided a prepaid fedex label. not sure whats sketchy about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i need a label that covers for canada to the us
also the imports fee's am i to take that as a loss or is that the fee's you charge for this wonderful experience
Ebay 7 year no issues
ST 3 year 1 issue resolved amicably negative feedback fixed
pink bike 0 issues
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [unitedathletica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
please see attachments

send me a prepaid label shipping from Canada to you !

the PayPal refund happened 2 days ago !

- Purchased a group from the seller
- the group i purchased was for my team bike from 2017 i needed a good cheap group to sell it with, since this arrived not complete.The group had been forwarded to me from American mail and parcels, the shop i store my outgoing gear at. It was forwarded to Toronto, Canada where i am up visiting family before heading back down south post the the holidays.

I ended up having to upgrade the bike to an sram red 22 Etap group because that all i had which was a loss on my part. It was going to a serviceman deploying to Afghanistan and was time sensitive. At this point i was still willing to ship back.

original cost of the group $820 ( $820 was refunded by PayPal )
$820 USD to CAD via xe.com $1060 CAD
cost duty into Canada
via http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/...acl/est-cal-eng.html
$317 CAD via to USD via xe.com $249 USD
cost of forwarding service $8
cost of brokerage service $32
cost of shipping from the mail forwarder in champlain NY $44
cost of being trolled harasses priceless ! lol
my cost despite the refund : 333 USD

- He failed to ship the agreed upon package as advertised.
- I requested i ship it back and he refund me
- he booted me from swap meet where he is an admin , and stop responding so block him as well on every platform to force PayPal based communication
- i open a claim with PayPal offering the same scenario as before. I return for a refund what he had sent
- He refused , the claim escalated
- he did not refund me as stated PayPal intervened and settled on my behalf since the seller was not willing to take it back. Refund came after i called PayPal and with assistance with forwarding needed documents so you have hard time with truth i was on the phone with PayPal when they were reviewing the case and they told me they would refund me since he was not willing to
- called PayPal to ask what to do about the goods they told whatever, he made it clear he was not taking back.

what makes me irritated and is slowing down the resolution time

- i was willing to send the goods back when trying to locate the original listing i noticed he had banned me despite not violating any of the rules.
-Seller has been having friends troll me on FB, I have had 48 messages from his mignons and 28 missed calls from random California #'s where he shipped from just today
- I had requested to have the seller communicate via PayPal instead of everywhere else all at once holding my hostage. - I was given a return label yes but the the wrong location without comunication

I have been at the track in Pan am velodrome in Burlington Ontario eh ! since Wednesday this is my first time able to actually respond at my desktop.

I will do my best to respond to all the questions everyone, im am getting via call text Facebook from his consented friends and family

Still willing to work with you despite how great of an experience this has been but it would be a lot easier without the harassment.

i have + 600 feedback on my ebay i have no current negative feedback here my only negative feedback if this and i am the buyer. 127 selling transaction in the year without any major bumps.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read that but you still need to either return it or pay for it. But how you negotiatable the duty is between you and the OP.

I would think you shouldn't have to pay duties on an item you aren't selling, doesn't belong to you and returning. But that's something you'll have to figure out how to proceed.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well thats seems logical to me, expecting me to pay $333 fee's for item i am sending back is ridiculus
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:
well thats seems logical to me, expecting me to pay $333 fee's for item i am sending back is ridiculus

Quote:
At this point i was still willing to ship back.

So why are you unwilling to send it back now? Because Paypal is not requiring you to to get your refund?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
i was willing to send the goods back when trying to locate the original listing

So send them back. Post proof.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I called the forwarding location you ship your items to and they said you come in often. I really doubt you are paying any duties or any forwarding fees beyond a mailbox.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lol did they now, they did send me an email giving me a recap of your conversation saying i was there once a month. Doubt all you want i will forward the invoice they sent me and i paid.
cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because i will be out $333 get up to speed before giving your opinion

Would you return something at a cost of $333 hit on something you are getting nothing out of ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:

Would you return something at a cost of $333 hit on something you are getting nothing out of ?

I'll chime in as I have been buying and selling to and from the US for 20+ years now...

First, if I am understanding correctly, you had the seller ship to a US address that you use, and then had that re-mailing company send to you in Canada - that was your choice to import goods. The seller shipped to the US, and thus provided you a return mailing slip for the US... -You- decided to import to Canada.. If I have misunderstood this, I apologize.

Second - the duty. So lets get one thing straight, you likely didn't pay 'duty', you paid import tax which would have been equivalent to sales tax to the province you were importing to. AND, I know for a fact, that once you provide proof that you returned the goods to the seller, Canada Customs will issue you a refund of those charges. Its 10 minutes worth of paperwork you can find online. So stop saying you'll be out $300+ dollars. And again, it was your choice to import.

You started all this because the group arrived without a charger?

Why don't you make everything cool and return his goods, and apply for your refund with Canada Customs for the import charges. Better than ruining your reputation here.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Nov 18, 17 3:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You agreed to have it shipped to an address in the US, right?
To my understanding, it is buyer's responsibility to check it before bringing it to somewhere else, paying duty and etc.
If using eTap is such a loss to you, why didn't you just buy a charger locally?
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sadly, i dont think the guy will ever understand it. we are talking about a grown man that tried to justify theft simply because he missed a deal.

you are totally correct, the seller didnt cost him the fees, the seller also wouldnt be responsible for cost of shipping from Canada in my opinion. they shipped to the U.S., the buyer then is responsible for everything from that point on, and would be responsible for getting it back to their forwarder for shipping back to the seller.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree....

I've bought/sold a ton of stuff online, and always go out of my way to make things easy for the person I am doing a transaction with. Not worth doing it any other way.

For Garry:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/...er/crp-prio-eng.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:

You already said twice that you were okay with returning the group. Not that anyone believes what you say.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever been shipped anything fedex to canada It’s like going to the dentist :) Most of the items were in retail packages And labels new
Keep in mind you’re proposing a hypothesis based on your past experience. I wish they would have used usps/ post canada nothing ever gets hit with duty.

As well as the battery charger there is no E tube from Junction in the rear to the battery so the group was unuseable for me to ship.
Its a $30 cabel @ wheels of bloor but its more about he frustration of being irnored why i tried to initiate a return , and being booted by the the seller.

I Have the receipt of what I was charged by the Forwarding company this is one of the documents I forwarded to PayPal when they We’re evaluating my case.

It was my choice to import , it was not my choice to get a partial set up.

If the seller would have been willing to accept return when i first requested it
I had a friend travalling to Rochester

Also at the time i had not recieved my invoive from the shipping company.
I get a By weekly invoice everything they ship oht for me.

Thanks for your imput
Last edited by: unitedathletica: Nov 18, 17 5:14
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [aki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shipping was time sensitive , and i was in gulph Ontario visiting a friend and getting rhe rig ready to ship via bikefight and as i told the seller were none in stock in the area i would have had to drive a good distance.
Last edited by: unitedathletica: Nov 18, 17 5:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:
Have you ever been shipped anything fedex to canada It’s like going to the dentist :) Most of the items were in retail packages And labels new
Keep in mind you’re proposing a hypothesis based on your past experience. I wish they would have used usps/ post canada nothing ever gets hit with duty.

As well as the battery charger there is no E tube from Junction in the rear to the battery so the group was unuseable for me to ship.
Its a $30 cabel @ wheels of bloor but its more about he frustration of being irnored why i tried to initiate a return , and being booted by the the seller.

I Have the receipt of what I was charged by the Forwarding company this is one of the documents I forwarded to PayPal when they We’re evaluating my case.

It was my choice to import , it was not my choice to get a partial set up.

If the seller would have been willing to accept return when i first requested it
I had a friend travalling to Rochester

Also at the time i had not recieved my invoive from the shipping company.
I get a By weekly invoice everything they ship oht for me.

Thanks for tou imput

Garry, I've bought from you in the past, and it worked out fine. So not looking to slam you at all here.

But, you are the one who has decided to use a freight forwarding company, which always adds expense, time, etc.

And, it doesn't matter whether it is a courier company (FedEx, UPS), or postal, you can still get a refund for your import tax (again, you didn't pay 'duty'). Yes, you may be out a few bucks for the 'brokerage' fee the courier would have charged, but it was your choice to import.

You are trying to punish the seller because you are not happy. Thats not a legal reason to steal money or goods.

You should resolve it by returning the goods and applying for the tax refund. Otherwise, the seller should file a report with the RCMP. Paypal isn't the law, you don't have the right to keep both the money and the groupset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a good thought , have you gone through that process before on the commercial side. Also its done by a third party so i would need them and im sure they would not do it for free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:
It's a good thought , have you gone through that process before on the commercial side. Also its done by a third party so i would need them and im sure they would not do it for free.

If I'm not mistaken, the bill for the import tax would have been from FedEx (or UPS) to you, no? I guess the question is, who paid the $333 import tax, you, or the forwarding company?

Assuming it was you, you need to fill out the forms, and print off / copy your receipts showing you shipped the items back, and then copies of your receipts and/or bank statement showing the money was refunded to you. That is your proof that the transaction was cancelled, then Canada Customs issues you a refund check in the mail.

Should be full info on the process in the links I provided.

Again, you are an active seller, not worth ruining your reputation over a transaction you weren't happy with.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hes trying to justify theft because the seller forgot something and he missed out on a deal. absolutely ridiculous. That alone tells you what type of person he really is.

At this point not only should he return it, but he really NEEDS to return it. If he doesnt, hes done here basically. I highly doubt anyone whom reads any of this will deal with him ever unless the seller posts this was taken care of. Its been posted numerous locations on facebook so same there. He can change his username, but as soon as people see any information associated with him theyll just stop the deal. I dont see people letting this calm down or slip down in posts until resolved.

united, get your customs fees back and eat the cost of the shipping to your forwarder so that the prepaid label can be used. Show that you're not scumbag and can be trusted.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
united, get your customs fees back and eat the cost of the shipping to your forwarder so that the prepaid label can be used. Show that you're not scumbag and can be trusted.

Agreed.
Make it right, even if you eat some shipping costs. This whole thing never should have happened, especially due to a missing charger, of which half the cycling population, and almost every bike shop, has. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the forwarding company takes care of things a to z i just needed to provide information on what should have been included in the original purchase. the duty cost i may not get back
Also i have linked what i had available im waiting on the shipper to be able to provide me more details.

Keep in mind paypal sided with for a reason and the attachment showed the paypal refund was not done willingly as claimed this is not an opinion its a fact.

i am still communicating with the seller to try and work something out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

Again, you are an active seller, not worth ruining your reputation over a transaction you weren't happy with.

Cheers

This. You're digging a deep hole, and every time you post some lame excuse for why you aren't making this right, you dig a bit deeper.
Quote Reply

Prev Next