Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
I did a week in Moab with a guide. Was truly Epic and ranged from flat/easy to very technical/heart attack. Super fun and learned a lot from the guide.

Was this your group? ;-D

Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was pretty cool...
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
What did you get, hardtail, full suspension, carbon, aluminum, god forbid, steel??

Son’s is a Marlin 5 - hardtail - aluminum (he’s not full grown yet so...).

If he gets the bug- I just picked up one of these used off Craigslist for my daughter’s 8th birthday. They are the coolest kids bikes I have seen. I’m not sure it’s not nicer than my yeti asr.

https://www.trailcraftcycles.com

Unless you’re afraid he’ll beat you :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! You found The One Thing. everything else dont mean shit. Nice instant collection you picked up there with room to grow. You got a nice XC rig, but happiness truly lies with an additional long travel trail/ AM bike.
Last edited by: triguy98: Nov 14, 17 20:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mountain biking is the worst thing I've ever done...

My family never sees me, my gpa tanked in high school, I have to do laundry too much... ;)

In all seriousness though, its one of the most influential things that has happened to me during my life. It's my escape now. I find it therapeutic, even when I'm racing or going as hard and fast as I can.

I've made a ton of great friends through it as well.

Triathlon has ebbed and flowed in my life. Running even more so. Mountain biking will never cease to be a part of my life.

P.S.- Sweet bikes :)
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

I feel a little sheepish riding around with my relative lack of skill on a $5,000 bike.

But fuck you if you don’t like it! :)

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

I feel a little sheepish riding around with my relative lack of skill on a $5,000 bike.

But fuck you if you don’t like it! :)
That’s how I️ always felt walking into T1 with a P3, but at a quarter of the average age of racers. Always got a few weird looks.

In your case, I️ don’t see anything wrong with it though. If you can do it, do it and get the nice bike. It’s more fun being on nice stuff than crappy stuff :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need to update your phone.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, I️ do? I️ wasn’t aware that I️ need to, I️ should probably look into that. I️ wonder how you were able to tell I️ need to update it. I️ guess I’ll look I️ to that once i am home, I️ am at school right now and I️ don’t want to update it during class. Thank you for alerting me to the issue, I️ really appreciate it

;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picked up a mountain bike couple years ago when finally accepted the fact I had run out of cartilage in my knees and needed to back off from running. (inspired by W. Bush) Thought I can bike how hard can this be - but not really similar to biking at all, more like skiing, wrestling, parkour kind of thing. Now road biking seems like such drudgery.
Bought a Trek Stache and really love it.
There a great dirt community here and have gotten into trail building and maintenance as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Got this bad boy sitting in a box in my living room right now. 18 days to retirement, 1 day to move to 'Merica, 1/2 a day to put it together! Can't wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel a little sheepish riding around with my relative lack of skill on a $5,000 bike. //

How do you think I feel on my $8000 one??? At least I would win or come out in the lead groups in most Xterra type races, so for a couple minutes it looked like I belonged on that bike. As the parade of younger, faster, better riders would go by me I would just mumble that my gears were not working well. I was quite surprised how patient and nice everyone was though, waiting for a good spot to pass me and offer encouragement..
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [tritimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't know you were a dentist?

Duffy wrote:

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t get it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I don’t get it.

Do I have to do everything for you? You need to get out of the LR more.

exhibit one... http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6458292#p6458292

and ...http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...=post_time&mh=25

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Oh, and mountain biking is really hard.

I am probably the worst mountain biker in the history of mountain biking. I've only tried single track stuff a handful of times but each time I got my ass handed to me and more than once ended up ass over teakettle in the bushes.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Expensive novelty bikes for the dentists to own, pose outside cafes and post on social media.

I’m not a dentist nor do I plan on advertising to the world on social media that such a thing is in my house.

And that bike is no novelty.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Expensive novelty bikes for the dentists to own, pose outside cafes and post on social media.

I’m not a dentist nor do I plan on advertising to the world on social media that such a thing is in my house.

Ummmm.....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Ummmm.....

Everyone who follows me on IG knows my real name and exactly where I live.

There’s only 4 people in the LR who know my name.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
minor roadblock....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

You see this really did belong on the tri forum :) You posted about your new purchase and someone criticizes your choice and says you overspent. Then they smugly imply they know more about the topic, and you just don't understand. Just like the tri forum!

Hope you and your family enjoy your new bikes. It sounds like a lot of fun.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally got a mountain bike.... [zed707] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zed707 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

You see this really did belong on the tri forum :) You posted about your new purchase and someone criticizes your choice and says you overspent. Then they smugly imply they know more about the topic, and you just don't understand. Just like the tri forum!

Hope you and your family enjoy your new bikes. It sounds like a lot of fun.

Who, me?? Never!! I was merely inquiring about his choice of career to be able to afford such nice bicycles for his family ;-)

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet ride bro. Please tell me it came with a dropper post though?? If not, you need to ask them what they did with it. For that price.....you get the dropper post for sure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next