Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hockey is back [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
50+ wrote:
windywave wrote:
Leafs out of the playoffs yet?

You sleep though last year? Not gonna happen, 3 years we have a cup!! GO LEAFS!!

The only cup the Leafs will be getting anytime soon sits between the players legs.

Even if you're not a fan of the Leafs, if you can't see what's going on in Toronto you know nothing about the game of hockey. 3 years!! :))
Quote Reply
Re: Hockey is back [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
Let's go Rangers!!!!!!

Colorado is already 4.6% of the way to their win total from last year! haha
Quote Reply
Re: Hockey is back [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The kids all looked good last night: McAvoy with a goal/assist, DeBrusk with a goal/assist, Bjork with an assist. Nice opening night!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Hockey is back [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Buds. All. Day.

The only thing we can be quite sure of… It's that the leafs will not win the Stanley Cup.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Hockey is back [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
50+ wrote:
windywave wrote:

You sleep though last year? Not gonna happen, 3 years we have a cup!! GO LEAFS!!

The only cup the Leafs will be getting anytime soon sits between the players legs.

Even if you're not a fan of the Leafs, if you can't see what's going on in Toronto you know nothing about the game of hockey. 3 years!! :))

Why three years?

There is no reason to believe that they can't win this year.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
50+ wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
50+ wrote:
windywave wrote:

Why three years?

Been hearing that out of Toronto since the 90's!

I haven't followed hockey lately but it would be cool to see Toronto back in the mix.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
50+ wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
50+ wrote:
windywave wrote:

Why three years?

Evidently you missed the Hawks game last night.
Quote Reply
Re: Hockey is back [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Why three years?

I haven't followed hockey lately but it would be cool to see Toronto back in the mix.

Watch them play.

Matthews and Nylander together are outstanding. Three scoring lines with tons of depth players waiting to fill in for injuries in the minors. The only problem we would have is if Andersen got hurt.

Defense is adequate.

They are just as capable to win the cup as any other team in the NHL right now.

Quote Reply
Re: Hockey is back [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Evidently you missed the Hawks game last night.

Saw the highlights this morning.

Again, congratulations on keeping pace with the Leafs.

Quote Reply
Re: Hockey is back [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing we can be quite sure of… It's that the leafs will not win the Stanley Cup.

The 1976-77 Montreal Canadians are considered one of the best teams in history and they lost 8 games that year. They won the Stanley Cup.

The 2017-18 Maple Leafs are undefeated and haven't lost a single game all year.

Just sayin...

Quote Reply
Re: Hockey is back [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

The 1976-77 Montreal Canadians are considered one of the best teams in history and they lost 8 games that year. They won the Stanley Cup.

Just sayin...

Team with record to start the season without a loss....Go
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'd have to look it up but the Leafs are on track...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Watch them play.

Matthews and Nylander together are outstanding. Three scoring lines with tons of depth players waiting to fill in for injuries in the minors. The only problem we would have is if Andersen got hurt.

Defense is adequate.

Defense and scoring...I have no doubt that the Leafs will be in the playoffs, and no doubt that their future is real bright with that young core. But their defense is NOT Stanley Cup-level good, do they even have a legit top-pairing D-man, let alone a legit top pair? They have a couple solid 2nd pair D-men and a bunch of bottom pair guys.

Anderson is solid enough, if their D were rock-solid he could good enough for a Cup run but there's a reason they were bottom-10 in GA last year.

I guess crazier things have happened, and I do think the East is pretty wide open this year (and what the hell happened to Pittsburgh last night? Holy shit that's an unreal score for the SC champs), but Toronto needs some top-end D talent for me to take them seriously at the moment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Watch them play.

Defense is adequate.

Defense and scoring...I have no doubt that the Leafs will be in the playoffs, and no doubt that their future is real bright with that young core. But their defense is NOT Stanley Cup-level good, do they even have a legit top-pairing D-man, let alone a legit top pair? They have a couple solid 2nd pair D-men and a bunch of bottom pair guys.

Anderson is solid enough, if their D were rock-solid he could good enough for a Cup run but there's a reason they were bottom-10 in GA last year.

I guess crazier things have happened, and I do think the East is pretty wide open this year (and what the hell happened to Pittsburgh last night? Holy shit that's an unreal score for the SC champs), but Toronto needs some top-end D talent for me to take them seriously at the moment.

Pittsburghs defense was decimated in the playoffs. They won with a patchwork crew. So it can definitely be done.

The Leafs had some issues protecting leads last year. This year their d is better. Gardiner keeps improving and is a legit top pair guy. Maybe not a #1 yet but definitely a #2 guy. Rielly is still improving and Zaitsev looks better. They picked up Borgman from Sweden and he looks good. Carrick is fine for a #5/6 D. My only concern is Ron Hainsey.

Oh and did I mention that Hainsey was on Pittsburghs top D pair last year when the won the cup?

I am not saying they are going to win. I am just saying that they are fully capable of winning. Every team has flaws. I think the Leafs can outscore their flaws.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Pittsburghs defense was decimated in the playoffs. They won with a patchwork crew. So it can definitely be done.

The Leafs had some issues protecting leads last year. This year their d is better. Gardiner keeps improving and is a legit top pair guy. Maybe not a #1 yet but definitely a #2 guy. Rielly is still improving and Zaitsev looks better. They picked up Borgman from Sweden and he looks good. Carrick is fine for a #5/6 D. My only concern is Ron Hainsey.

Oh and did I mention that Hainsey was on Pittsburghs top D pair last year when the won the cup?

I am not saying they are going to win. I am just saying that they are fully capable of winning. Every team has flaws. I think the Leafs can outscore their flaws.
Well sure, as of now there are about 20 fanbases that are saying 'I'm not saying they'll win, but they're fully capable of winning'. I mean, I could say the same about the B's - one of the single best lines in hockey and an above average #2 scoring line, very strong 4th line, solid top-pair, two budding star D-men that will get better as the year goes on and one of the 10 best goalies in hockey. But realistically, they're a 5/6 seed type that would need lots of luck along the way and is likely a 1st round loser.

I'm not telling you what you can and can't believe, I just think it's super premature to consider them a Cup contender without seeing how the defense shakes out for a bit, and for that matter how the team responds to the playoff grind. It typically takes young teams a few turns through the playoff slog to get to the Finals, I don't think Toronto is any different. Lots of talent on that roster but they're a few D and a few years away imo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
I'm not telling you what you can and can't believe, I just think it's super premature to consider them a Cup contender without seeing how the defense shakes out for a bit, and for that matter how the team responds to the playoff grind. It typically takes young teams a few turns through the playoff slog to get to the Finals, I don't think Toronto is any different. Lots of talent on that roster but they're a few D and a few years away imo.

Which is fine. I will continue to think that they are a contender. If they place lower than second in the division and/or lose in the first round I will consider it a big disappointment.

This team can win. We can come back to this thread in May.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Just sayin...

There's 2 actually and neither won the cup the year they did it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
windywave wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Just sayin...

There's 2 actually and neither won the cup the year they did it.

False
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buffalo & Toronto share the record at 10 games. Buffalo lost the cup in game 7.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Buffalo & Toronto share the record at 10 games. Buffalo lost the cup in game 7.

Blackhawks went like 20 games games getting a win or tie in the strike shortened season that they won the cup
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
October 9th is when the Leafs come crashing back to earth like a Soviet Astronaut
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Why three years?

Watch them play.

Defense is adequate.

And that's all that's holding us back, I love your enthusiasm but even with the young guns until we shore up the D I don't think we have a chance, not yet but it will come.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Why three years?

Watch them play.

Defense is adequate.

And that's all that's holding us back, I love your enthusiasm but even with the young guns until we shore up the D I don't think we have a chance, not yet but it will come.

You have no chance Monday, that's for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
50+ wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Why three years?

Watch them play.

Defense is adequate.

You have no chance Monday, that's for sure.

ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50+ wrote:
BLeP wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

Why three years?

Watch them play.

Defense is adequate.

Our Defense is vastly underrated. Everyone thinks it’s horrific. It really isn’t.

Quote Reply

Prev Next