Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't often root for the heavy favourite to beat the underdog to a pulp. But I am this time.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [gotsand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh. my. god.

I can't believe I hadn't seen that. Fantastic.

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [AndyPeterson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That video looks pretty telling for sure.

In other news, ticket prices have been released surprising no one:

https://www.thestar.com/...es-astronomical.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The running around in that fight was bad. I think part of that was because Conner was fighting at much heavier weight class and got tired. You can't say he didn't fight.

Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think mayweather will have a hard time, just because he never fought someone like mcgregor. His movement is way different from what mayw is used to fight...and for Sure mcgregor did his homework and is on top of his boxing game...will be interesting for sure!
Round six will end the game and McGregor will win...my prediction.

Is there any chance to see the fight online? I guess free is not an option so I am looking for payed streams!

Cheers

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Stromlinie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can't count out Mayweather. He is a pure boxer and this is a pure boxing fight. McGregor is having to learn everything.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Stromlinie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stromlinie wrote:
I think mayweather will have a hard time, just because he never fought someone like mcgregor. His movement is way different from what mayw is used to fight...and for Sure mcgregor did his homework and is on top of his boxing game...will be interesting for sure!
Round six will end the game and McGregor will win...my prediction.

Is there any chance to see the fight online? I guess free is not an option so I am looking for payed streams!

Cheers

I'd almost be willing to bet my entire net worth that Mayweather wins and wins quite easily.

Almost. :-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
That video looks pretty telling for sure.

In other news, ticket prices have been released surprising no one:

https://www.thestar.com/...es-astronomical.html

To be fair, that video is from before he fough Nate Diaz. He wasn't training for a boxing match at that time.

Look, in a boxing match it's 95-98% that Mayweather wins. But nobody has seen Conner box nor has anyone seen him train for a boxing match.

Somebody posted in another thread about this that Conner got "outboxed by Nate Diaz". But he was in an MMA match against a guy a pretty good boxer who also knows how to take you down where he can use his elite level jiu jitsu skills to submit you. You can't "box" when you also have to defend take downs at all costs.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this an actual sanctioned boxing match? Specifically, does this count as a professional fight against Mayweather's record of 49-0? It is some kind of title fight? Trying to understand if a loss would really make him 49-1 or if this is more an an exhibition and his 49-0 record is untouched.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
While I'm 99% confident that is what is going to happen, that 1% punchers chance has me hoping for something spectacular.

I'm with you on this one- I know how it will end but have a wish upon a wish it goes the way it should go in my mind~
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Is this an actual sanctioned boxing match? Specifically, does this count as a professional fight against Mayweather's record of 49-0? It is some kind of title fight? Trying to understand if a loss would really make him 49-1 or if this is more an an exhibition and his 49-0 record is untouched.

It is sanctioned, which is why they have to fight with 10 ounce gloves. There was a request to drop down to 8 ounce gloves, but the NSAC denied the request and their decision is final because it is a sanctioned fight.

Many have claimed Floyd took the fight so he can retire an even 50-0.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:

It is sanctioned, which is why they have to fight with 10 ounce gloves. There was a request to drop down to 8 ounce gloves, but the NSAC denied the request and their decision is final because it is a sanctioned fight.

Many have claimed Floyd took the fight so he can retire an even 50-0.

Thank you. So currently he share the boxing record of 49-0 with Marciano and is putting that perfect record and history on the line? I just find that amazing, even if he wins easily. Just seems to much to lose, despite the huge payday.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Floyd's all about his money. He may be one of the most savvy businessmen in all of sports. We're talking about a $100M payday here in what is merely a spectacle. I think Floyd knows there is no chance in the world Conor can win. This is why Floyd came out yesterday talking to Screamin' A Smith about how he has "lost a step" and that Conor is bigger and stronger "on paper." Floyd knows this will not be a contest, but knows how to get that money.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Floyd's all about his money. He may be one of the most savvy businessmen in all of sports. We're talking about a $100M payday here in what is merely a spectacle. I think Floyd knows there is no chance in the world Conor can win. This is why Floyd came out yesterday talking to Screamin' A Smith about how he has "lost a step" and that Conor is bigger and stronger "on paper." Floyd knows this will not be a contest, but knows how to get that money.

Understood - the line on his last few fights seem to be that he was intent on protecting his perfect record rather than fighting good competition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there has been a lot of trash talking this week. has anyone changed their minds/predictions of what will happen in the match?

I have to admit, for a second, all the trash talking made me believe in McGregor having a chance.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everyone saying Conor doesn't stand a chance makes me think he might have a chance.

But then, I'm an idiot.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Everyone saying Conor doesn't stand a chance makes me think he might have a chance.

But then, I'm an idiot.

I've been saying Conner is going to knock him out in the sencond or third round since they annouced the fight.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

But then, I'm an idiot.

I've been saying Conner is going to knock him out in the sencond or third round since they annouced the fight.

What are the current odds? If I was betting I would take the odds and McGregor.

If I had to pick one or the other with no odds I wouldn't hesitate to pick Maywether. I think it is more likely Conor doesn't land a solid punch the whole fight than he actually wins the fight.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

But then, I'm an idiot.

Yeah, but you are an idiot. I mean, I love ya, man, but you are kinda dumb ...

Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This wouldn't surprise me - or a strong take down and attempted choke until the ref sorts it out and all hell breaks loose in the ring. This could even happen in McGregor gets his bell rung and acts out of pure instinct. If this is a legit, straight-up boxing match the outcome is obvious. However, if the fix is in we might see such a move from McGregor and the resulting mega re-match. With this much cash involved nothing would surprise me. If it goes past the first three rounds I'll be convinced it's a sham.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [noodle_soup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there has been a lot of trash talking this week. has anyone changed their minds/predictions of what will happen in the match?

McGregor doesn't have the speed to hit Mayweather or the agility to avoid getting hit.

The fight won't be close, Mayweather will win easily.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

But then, I'm an idiot.

I think Conor absolutely has a chance. Floyd is 40 years old fighting someone who is bigger, stronger and much younger than he is. Hopefully we get to see a good boxing match and not another Mayweather vs. Pacquiao style fight. If that happens it's going to be another nail in boxings coffin.
Quote Reply
Re: That 'boxing match' *you know which one I mean* [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
If it goes past the first three rounds I'll be convinced it's a sham.

+1

Well, with the trash talking this week, they both seem to be aiming for a KO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
sphere wrote:

But then, I'm an idiot.

You also once said that you were just stirring the pot with that shit too. But you have probably since deleted that post.

No chance he knocks out Pillowhands. None whatsoever.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next