Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ozark [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Nothing I have said is integral to the plot. Despite the anti gun bullshit and the ridiculous wetsuit scene, it is a good series. Not the best, but worth the time.

Jason Bateman is awesome. But I cannot shake the feeling that Laura Linney is too old for him.

Something bugs me about Laura Linney. I think it's that she overacts or something, her face is way too expressive. It's like she's trying to be so dramatic in every scene.

On a side note, anyone remember when series didn't kill off main characters at an staggering rate?
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the ending was really anticlimactic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
JSA wrote:

In light of all of that, Marty tells Charlotte - yeah, go ahead and swim by yourself at night! Go for it!

I was expecting her to nearly get run down by a boat as they warned her about swimming out past the first buoy because of that danger in a previous scene and then they showed her swimming past one.

That's exactly what I thought. Or I thought she might be snatched from the water, which I thought was possible, but not likely.

It would have been an interesting twist if the pastor got drunk and clipped her in his boat.

But, what actually happened made no sense at all.

I was expecting her to get electrocuted coming up on the dock. But as you pointed out, I told my wife, she has a wet suit on, she isn't sinking.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Episode 9 - come on! What kind of commie liberal bullshit is that???

Special needs kid goes into a "Walmart" and buys a Ruger Mini 14 and gets it, after checking the box that he is buying for someone else. If that wasn't bad enough, the Mini 14 magically becomes full auto when the son shoots it???????

Then a fed cracks a guy with a beer bottle in a crowded bar, draws his gun, and shoots the tv??????????

That's son serious anti gun propaganda in that episode!

I honestly don't know how easy, or hard it is to get a gun and thought this was really stupid. I asked myself how in the world were they selling a gun to a mentally handicapped individual.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Nothing I have said is integral to the plot. Despite the anti gun bullshit and the ridiculous wetsuit scene, it is a good series. Not the best, but worth the time.

Jason Bateman is awesome. But I cannot shake the feeling that Laura Linney is too old for him.

She is 5 years older than him according to IMDB. He was born in 69 and her in 64.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:

She is 5 years older than him according to IMDB. He was born in 69 and her in 64.

Yep, I know, which isn't much. But, Bateman is aging really well and looks younger than he is. Something about her mannerisms make her seem older. So, they do not seem to match age-wise.

Linney's character bugs me at times. One moment, she is an absolute train wreck and you want to smack her. The next, she is a criminal mastermind like when she called out the funeral home director and ended up buying the business. I love the criminal mastermind character. Cannot stand the head case.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:

Yep, I know, which isn't much. But, Bateman is aging really well and looks younger than he is. Something about her mannerisms make her seem older. So, they do not seem to match age-wise.

I think women usually start showing their age about a decade before men, so her being 5 years older means she looks about 15 years older.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't seem the series, but am curious. Any chance it's similar to a Daniel Woodrell story?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
JSA wrote:

Linney's character bugs me at times. One moment, she is an absolute train wreck and you want to smack her. The next, she is a criminal mastermind like when she called out the funeral home director and ended up buying the business. I love the criminal mastermind character. Cannot stand the head case.

I agree, I like the criminal mastermind as well. There are some cases where it's like she has multiple personalities when her bad guy kicks in. Overall, I did like the show and I also liked the way it ended.

_____
TEAM HD
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Haven't seem the series, but am curious. Any chance it's similar to a Daniel Woodrell story?

No idea who that is. It's basically Breaking Bad set in Appalachia; straight family gone bad, drug runners, rednecks and a creepy gay FBI agent who is after them all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woodrel is an author. Most of his stories are based in the Missouri Ozarks. The movie Winter's Bone was based on one of his stories.
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Woodrel is an author. Most of his stories are based in the Missouri Ozarks. The movie Winter's Bone was based on one of his stories.

Not that sophisticated at delving into the hillbilly culture.

I saw that movie and the book is on my list but I haven't read it yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finished this week, really enjoyed most of the show. Jason B is one of those actors that I never think about and forget how good of an actor he is until his next role pops up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm at episode 5 season 1, all I can say is this. There are those that you believe are your enemies that are your friends, and there are those that you believe to be your friends that are your true enemies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've watched four episodes and I think I'm gonna call it. Just not a fan. Laura Linney's character is intensely unlikeable. The others are good for the most part, and I like the premise of the show, but so far every episode has been pretty boring. Does that change?
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [kells] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a hard time with Linney's character as well. It definitely picks up the second half of the season. But, if you have been through 4 episodes and think you are going to bail, not sure you will like it. But, I would try one or two more.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finish season 1. I liked it. I was thinking the same thing about the daughter and the wetsuit. Didn't understand why they put that scene in either.

I liked the ending, didn't expect the scene with Del to turn out the way it did. And the scene with the priest and baby. Thought it was going to go different than it did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finished this about a week ago. It reminded me a lot of Bloodline. The storyline is good, there are some decently developed characters, a fair amount of solid acting and then.....they just miss the boat with parts of the story. Part of me wants to say it is good enough for Netflix, but Netflix has set the bar much higher than this before. I feel like this was just a noodles on the wall show to see if it sticks.
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good show overall, but a couple of points...

As discussed, you don't sink in a wetsuit....

The electrocution was gratuitously gory...

You'd think a guy would at least walk with a limp after the toenail situation. Jason Bateman seems to have one gear as far as his acting goes in that show.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
You'd think a guy would at least walk with a limp after the toenail situation.

On TV people have remarkable abilities of recovery, guns that never need to be reloaded, and are able to move bodies around like they have ant-like strength.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Duffy wrote:

On TV people have remarkable abilities of recovery, guns that never need to be reloaded, and are able to move bodies around like they have ant-like strength.

Moving bodies is hard work and I actually train for it.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Season 2 will be released end of August. We just finished season 1. Some minor nitpicking, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the whole distribution of heroin via bibles on the water. Uh. Really? That was dumb.
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Duffy wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Season 2 will be released end of August. We just finished season 1. Some minor nitpicking, I'm surprised nobody mentioned the whole distribution of heroin via bibles on the water. Uh. Really? That was dumb.

It’s filmed here in North Georgia, edge of Bible Belt epicenter. They had to take inspiration somehow.
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Duffy wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Yeah that was a head-scratcher. Who needs a new bible every week?
Quote Reply
Re: Ozark [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Season 2 trailer. Hot damn!

https://www.netflix.com/...p;lkid=TRAILER_WATCH

Quote Reply

Prev Next