Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: More smoke [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
A women who literally slept her way into power.

What are you talking about there? I read up on her personal history. Are you talking about dating Willie Brown? She was already a deputy city attorney for Alameda when she dated him. And she apparently stopped dating him around 1996 when he became Mayor of San Francisco. Then her next job was winning the election for Attorney General of San Francisco in 2003.

I have a hard time calling that "slept her way into power." He didn't appoint her to anything. She won the election around 7 years after they stopped dating.

Unless you're talking about something that didn't make it onto Wikipedia, which is possible.

"Sleeping your way into power" is like Jared Kushner. :)
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I enjoyed when he used Trump as an anonymous source then one minute later outed Trump as his anonymous source.

It's quite the circus you guys have going on down there.

That statement was unbelievable. I had to watch it again just to see if he said what he said. It falls above using himself (Scaramucci) as an anonymous source and below using a 10-year-old kid in his mom's basement.

I'm waiting for Turmp to say:
It could have been anyone trying to hack the election -- we were only working with the Russians so for all we know it could have been anyone else also.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said in another post that it was looking more and more like all the dealings with Russia appear to be more about the Trump family enriching themselves and not so much impacting the 2016 election. It appears there is more and more evidence of that happening.

Legal or not, the Trump family seems to be pretty heavily involved with some very shady characters in Russia.

https://www.yahoo.com/...-real-060028501.html

P.S - Where is the investigation into Hilary's e-mails !!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great spin! Say nothing about Trump and shift it to the Democrats. The Democrats are self destructing but it doesn't have anything to do with Trump. All of the Russia stuff is pointless. Stick with that instead of saying absolutely nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I said in another post that it was looking more and more like all the dealings with Russia appear to be more about the Trump family enriching themselves and not so much impacting the 2016 election. It appears there is more and more evidence of that happening.

All the dealings? The Trump Jr. meeting was explicitly about damaging intel on Hillary and Manafort (Trump campaign manager at the time) was there. I don't think there's any way not to conclude it was at least partly about the election.

Though Kushner had no idea about what the meeting was about. Looks like he was just accidentally invited or something or just popped in to say hi.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
FishyJoe wrote:
What's hilarious that by tweeting that the leaks must stop, it pretty much confirms that they are true. And he keeps doing it over and over.

Is "leaking" illegal?

Sort of along the lines of whether or not it's illegal to work with the Russians during an election. Not whether it's right or wrong, but is it illegal?

I'm not thinking about leaking classified material. But is it illegal for a staffer or a low level worker to pass along unclassified info they'd heard or been given? Sure, you could fire them, but could they go to jail?

If unclassified info is passed then likely not illegal. However, I cannot imagine a single job at the White House where you would not be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement. I'm sure even the grounds keepers have to sing something holding them liable if they talk.

A non-disclosure agreement is not the same thing as illegal.

And if authorized, the "leak" may not even be a breach. From what I understand, some of these co-called leaks may have come from Trump himself.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All the dealings? The Trump Jr. meeting was explicitly about damaging intel on Hillary and Manafort (Trump campaign manager at the time) was there. I don't think there's any way not to conclude it was at least partly about the election.

If they did have the meeting because of "dirt" on Hilary, it's not really anything different than any other campaign would do. As Trump said, they didn't need any more information from the Russians, they had plenty on their own.

I think that is why the Trump team keeps clinging to the idea that they didn't do anything illegal, because in terms of the election, they didn't. It's also why Trump seems to be far more agitated when he senses that Mueller will expand the investigation into his financial dealings with the Russians, he knows that is where the real dirt is going to be found.

There may not be anything illegal in terms of the financial deals but it would certainly start calling into question Trumps refusal to put his business dealings in a blind Trust and in not releasing his tax returns. The Russians appear pretty eager to hitch their wagons to the Trump gravy train.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Though Kushner had no idea about what the meeting was about. Looks like he was just accidentally invited or something or just popped in to say hi.

Yes. So he said. Not under oath.

It was a very nice statement he read. Wonderfully crafted.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

If they did have the meeting because of "dirt" on Hilary, it's not really anything different than any other campaign would do.

I have not heard of any example of a campaign taking "oppo" from an adversarial foreign state. I consider it "very different" until demonstrated otherwise.

Quote:
As Trump said, they didn't need any more information from the Russians, they had plenty on their own.

Need is irrelevant. What's relevant is if they actually took information.

Quote:
I think that is why the Trump team keeps clinging to the idea that they didn't do anything illegal, because in terms of the election, they didn't.

I'm not sure how you can say anything definitive like, "They didn't." We don't know. You don't know. There's plenty of circumstantial evidence that they might have.

Quote:
The Russians appear pretty eager to hitch their wagons to the Trump gravy train.

Not sure there's much of a gravy train now. Tump-Russia appear to have overplayed their hand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
     Plenty of smoke from other quarters, primarily Fusion GPS, the company tied to both the Trump dossier, and the Trump jr meeting. Still looks to me like general meddling by Russia, mostly trying to disrupt things here, though I do believe Putin was happy for someone to beat Hillary.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russia? I think we've moved on. Now he's racist, oh wait... there is a hurricane...

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.......no, North Korea is launching missiles again

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
.......no, North Korea is launching missiles again

I'm pretty sure Mueller doesn't get distracted easily. Doesn't matter what the rest of us do.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One forum member remarked the other day that the Russia investigation has "fizzled out," as though it's somehow dependent on media coverage.

By that measure, shark attacks must be at a record low right now.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One forum member remarked the other day that the Russia investigation has "fizzled out," as though it's somehow dependent on media coverage.

I think the entire world outside of Texas has ceased to exist.

Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Did you actually read the article? The headline is completely misleading and doesn't represent, accurately the email exchange or what is written in the article. One really has to have an agenda, or just "read between the lines". The article does not tie Sater to the Trump campaign and Cohen, an attorney for Trump's business pretty clearly shot the building proposal down. In fact, the building proposal died prior to the campaign ramping up (from the article). Again, another day another crazy media report with nothing behind it.

Now can we move back on to Trump being a racist anti-Semite who promotes violence against the innocent Antifa? Or should we get Trail excited by mentioning Article 25 section 4. Trump's ouster is just around the corner... again... again... again. But the article does keep the ST Crazy 6 excited for another day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But the article does keep the ST Crazy 6 excited for another day.

Articles like that seem to keep the Trump groupies excited too. You go after the ST Crazies just as often as they go after Trump.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe, its "laughing at" verses "going after".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure there are any "Trump groupies" on ST. There are sane people who think that folks like you, who are so far over the top, whose very existence these days revolves around Trump, waiting for his downfall, are scary, and funny at the same time. Just because a lot of us believe the country should live by our Constitution which governs our system doesn't make us groupies. It makes us sane.

Sanuk wrote:
But the article does keep the ST Crazy 6 excited for another day.

Articles like that seem to keep the Trump groupies excited too. You go after the ST Crazies just as often as they go after Trump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
Not sure there are any "Trump groupies" on ST. There are sane people who think that folks like you, who are so far over the top, whose very existence these days revolves around Trump, waiting for his downfall, are scary, and funny at the same time. Just because a lot of us believe the country should live by our Constitution which governs our system doesn't make us groupies. It makes us sane.

Damnnnnn, throwing shade at Trump for the Arpaio pardon. Good job.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just because a lot of us believe the country should live by our Constitution which governs our system doesn't make us groupies.

So you have no problem with a President who says he is the law and order President, pardons someone the law found guilty, before serving a single day of his sentence?

It seems you are picking and choosing which laws are good and which are okay to bend, no?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So you have no problem with a President who says he is the law and order President, pardons someone the law found guilty, before serving a single day of his sentence?

It seems you are picking and choosing which laws are good and which are okay to bend, no?

Did you not hear all the applause in support of Arpaio at Trump's rally in Arizona?

Many people are saying he deserved a pardon. He was treated very, very unfairly, they're saying.

Seems pretty clear you don't understand the concept of Justice.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Just because a lot of us believe the country should live by our Constitution which governs our system doesn't make us groupies.

Arpaio was treated incredibly unfairly though. That trumps any type of laws or order. This mental midget actually said it was Arpaio that was treated unfairly. It's like he never even looked at the irrefutable evidence that convicted Arpaio.
Quote Reply

Prev Next