Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy frak. These kids are something else.

A false humanity is used to impose its opposite, by people whose cruelty is equalled only by their arrogance
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buds all day, brah. Buds all day.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suban needs a stick broken across his face
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Achey breaky heart after a goal? Lame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fucking game one and now game three these officials lick donkey ass
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Leafs!!! This has been a fun series to watch so far. Lots of hustle and no quit. Probably helps that my kids are old enough to watch too. They really don't remember the Leafs in the playoffs.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [TriDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fucking hosed twice. The fact the Hawks aren't clicking on all cylinders is not helping but two BLOWN calls are part of the reason they're down to a bunch a punk bitches. Suban needs a stick on the back of his neck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Fucking hosed twice. The fact the Hawks aren't clicking on all cylinders is not helping but two BLOWN calls are part of the reason they're down to a bunch a punk bitches. Suban needs a stick on the back of his neck.

Typical loser Hawk bandwagoner.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate to blame the officials but they messed up big last night; you know it's bad when Pierre McGuire gets all over them on the NBC feed about the penalty called in OT last night that gave Ottawa a power play where they ultimately scored the game winner. Need to be consistent and call matching penalties where they did it earlier late in the third (and even that one was questionable) to let the players decide the game.

That said, Bruins came out flat at home in the first in front of a fired up Patriots Day crowd and were able to dig out of a huge hole and come back from a three goal deficit. They have to come out flying tomorrow.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
. Need to be consistent and call matching penalties where they did it earlier late in the third (and even that one was questionable) to let the players decide the game.

I didn't see that game so I don't know the penalty but I would agree that they need to be more consistent but I hate "let the players decide the game". They should be consistent. All game. Every game. A penalty in the first period is a penalty in OT. When you "let the players decide the game" the game gets sloppy and players get away with murder.

In the Leafs game #2 the refs swallowed the whistles, until they didn't. Nylander was hooked and taken down in OT, no call. Ok, I disagree but whatever. A few minutes later (because they are "letting the players decide the game") Boyle blatantly trips a Capital and now the refs call it. Now, I agree, it was a penalty. But so was the trip on Nylander earlier.

Consistency. That's all I want. From the first whistle to the end of the game. Call it consistent and the players will learn what they can and cannot do. And they will stop doing what they can't do and the game will be better for it.

Last edited by: BLeP: Apr 18, 17 5:27
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
windywave wrote:

Fuck you I've been going to games since they were in the Stadium
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree on needing to be consistent (also what McGuire was ranting about on NBCSN). What initially happened was a late third period bump after the whistle between Marc Methot and Noel Acciari; everyone moves in and Methot punches Tim Schaller square in the face, and then gets a second jab in after the linesmen move in. Both go for matching roughing calls even though Methot could have easily gone alone. Fast forward to OT and Riley Nash loses an edge along the boards and is down on one knee in an awkward position; Bobby Ryan goes in to finish his hit anyway and catches Nash hard in the head/upper body. Nash retaliates with a jab but gets called for the only penalty, and Sens score on the subsequent PP. If the refs are going to call matching minors late in the game in a borderline situation, they need to be consistent and call it again when it was more obvious. Ref was looking at the play the whole time as Nash had the puck along the boards, so it wasn't like it was something that happened behind the play and he only saw the retaliation.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One thing that bothered me last night was Washington took a penalty. The ref has his arm up and the Leafs had the puck, then a Washington player really blatantly hauls down a Leaf. It really should have been two penalties.

They completely ignored the second infraction because heaven forbid you call both penalties and give the Leafs a 5-3 late in the game. It was two penalties. They should have called both.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
ironclm wrote:
windywave wrote:

Well, you're among the minority. At least those Hawk fans who come here to get shitfaced stupid drunk and stumble around in the streets.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
uggh game 1 we got screwed so hard. We got called for a holding the stick penalty that was way behind the play and didn't really affect anything. OK, that's fine, its by the book. On the ensuing PK we had 2 guys get sticks slashed in half and a blatant diving trip when we were on a break as the PP expired. All no calls.

Like others have said, I just want consistency. I don't care if you call a super tight game or a super loose game just keep it consistent.

Being from MN, I am not allowed to say anything about refs because apparently all we do is blame them.

As far as this series has gone, I can't say that I am very surprised. Down the stretch, any team that could block out the middle of the offensive zone was beating us pretty easily. The Blues have done that very well. Add that to the fact that Jake Allen is playing like he wants to hoist a cup and we are in for a bad time. Really disappointing after the season that we have had. Parise is the only guy that has shown up at his best when it matters.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
windywave wrote:
ironclm wrote:
windywave wrote:

Well, you're among the minority. At least those Hawk fans who come here to get shitfaced stupid drunk and stumble around in the streets.

No that is a Hawks fan of any vintage but I do hate the bandwagon assholes that wouldn't know WTF I was talking about if I said Campbell conference and have the flags shirts etc. I used to listen to games on the radio under the covers because home games weren't on TV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who was it that assaulted the Caps player laying on the ice with his stick with the ref watching like paid to watch the assault?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [Dan Os Fan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When? Last night?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn. That Leafs game was good.
It pains me but I'm cheering for them. I hope the Habs and Leafs meet up in the Eastern Final for some 'ol timey magic.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
ironclm wrote:
windywave wrote:
ironclm wrote:
windywave wrote:

No that is a Hawks fan of any vintage but I do hate the bandwagon assholes that wouldn't know WTF I was talking about if I said Campbell conference and have the flags shirts etc. I used to listen to games on the radio under the covers because home games weren't on TV.

Or the ones who strut around saying, "We've won 3 Cups!" Got on that wagon after the first 3 I guess.
Maybe your boys will partake of some of our nightlife tonight.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been telling you idiots all year that these guys can play. Now maybe you'll listen to me.

No word from Captain Caveman lately. This must be eating him alive.

Anyway, I will root for the Habs for as long as the dream of a Leafs habs series still exists. If we go out this round then screw the Habs.

For what it's worth I predicted Caps in 7 for this series. Might still happen, Leafs did have Lady Luck on their side last night.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What the actual fuck Bruins?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Damn. That Leafs game was good.
It pains me but I'm cheering for them. I hope the Habs and Leafs meet up in the Eastern Final for some 'ol timey magic.

If not for that turnover would have been OT and an epic comeback, oh well best 2 out of 3 now. GO LEAFS!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were really sloppy in that game. If we play like that we're done. Need to clean it up.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's talk hockey (again!) [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
What the actual fuck Bruins?
Ugly...the trap is no excuse, there was enough zone time to do something. Marchand is snake-bit, the big guns are getting chances but not capitalizing. Krejci looks like crap, he's not right and it's hurting the team imo. Rask played well again, he's been very solid but the offense didn't give him anything (literally).

I think they're the better team still, just not sure they're three straight games better. Friday is the biggie: if they win in Ottawa they're back in Boston for game 6 and then who knows in a game 7. but they've gotta start burying some ofthese chances.

Oh and McAvoy is the real deal. There are times when he's the best player on the ice, he's constantly making that perfect two-zone pass, pinching at the right time, and his defense has been solid. If nothing else this series has shown us that we can add him to Carlo and Pastrnak as the next wave of core Bruins.
Quote Reply

Prev Next