Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: More smoke [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought this was going to be a cooking thread. :( Talk about bad luck.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:

Sometimes I feel like I've woken from a coma in some weird upside down universe, where the people claiming fake news are mostly generating it themselves, lying blatantly from podiums in the White House, and their supporters all the while cheer enthusiastically and call any critics "unhinged".

And this from someone who a year ago considered voting for Trump because the other Republican primary candidates were terrible and Hilary repugnant to me. I was defending Trump to friends, saying things like, "he's just doing what he believes will get himself the primary win, and will moderate before the general election" and "he'll surround himself with a good, experienced team - you shouldn't be so concerned." But frankly he is showing himself to be an unmitigated disaster. When he called the Taiwanese president many thought it could be a brilliant tactic and gave him the benefit of the doubt. But since then all the evidence points to him not having a clue about foreign affairs and being a narcissistic jerk.

I could have wrote the same exact thing.

His presidency so far has been an absolute embarrassment. That stated, it's been two months. Maybe he pulls something together but if we're still talking about this same nonsense a year from now then holy shit this is going to be a long four years.

He chose to go to battle against the main stream media. I will agree that the MSM probably needs a good punch in the mouth on occasion but it does seem that many news orgs have made it their mission to hit Trump hard and as often as they can. They are going to go over his life and presidency with a fine toothed comb in an effort to uncover everything about him personally, politically, financially, etc. If Nixon thought the WaPo stuff on Watergate was a lot then Trump is about to feel that times 10.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [iO4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's pretty damning. Wow.

So the Trump campaign is offered documents damaging to Hilary's campaign and in return, the Trump campaign has to downplay Russia's involvement in Crimea (which they have done) and to distract people by focussing on demanding member countries of NATO pay their 2% dues (which they have done).

Then, prior to the convention, the Republican platform is changed to remove a section that allows Ukraine defensive weapon, at the insistence of the Trump campaign. Right after the convention, the first e-mails critical of Hilary start appearing on Wiki-leaks.

Stone then "predicted" John Podesta's personal e-mails would soon be published.

What I find most incredible though is the number of Trump supporters who are okay with this. I really can't understand it to be honest.

Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It's pretty damning. Wow.

So the Trump campaign is offered documents damaging to Hilary's campaign and in return, the Trump campaign has to downplay Russia's involvement in Crimea (which they have done) and to distract people by focussing on demanding member countries of NATO pay their 2% dues (which they have done).

Then, prior to the convention, the Republican platform is changed to remove a section that allows Ukraine defensive weapon, at the insistence of the Trump campaign. Right after the convention, the first e-mails critical of Hilary start appearing on Wiki-leaks.

Stone then "predicted" John Podesta's personal e-mails would soon be published.

What I find most incredible though is the number of Trump supporters who are okay with this. I really can't understand it to be honest.

It's just some freak coincidences.

Just like it was a coincidence that Flynn and Sessions both lied about meeting Kislyak. Coincidence too that Flynn was paid $30k by Russian state-sponsored RT TV for a speech in Dec 2015. Also coincidence that Kushner has alleged real estate deals with Russians (Trump Jr. extolled about how much Russian money was buying Trump real estate in 2008). Even coincidence that Paul Manafort received millions from pro-Russian interests. Huge coincidence that Tillerson was awarded Order of Friendship by Putin for his work overseeing a deal between ExxonMobil and Rosneft. Probably coincidence that Wilbur Ross, Commerce Sec, served on a board of the US-Russia Investment Fund. Certainly coincidence that Carter Page, ex-foreign policy adviser for the Trump campaign (which they all now deny), met with Kislyak at the Republican convention and allegedly helped broker the recent $11bn sale of a 19.5% stake in Russian oil company Rosneft (by the way, did anyone see the train wreck of an interview Carter Page gave to CNN? It's truly unbelievable!).

So yes, nothing to see here... we should all just move on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
But no fire. Never fire.

Quote:
AP’s JEFF HORWITZ and CHAD DAY: “President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin a decade ago and proposed an ambitious political strategy to undermine anti-Russian opposition across former Soviet republics, The Associated Press has learned. The work appears to contradict assertions by the Trump administration and Manafort himself that he never worked for Russian interests.” http://apne.ws/2mTLvxV

But Manafort only had a "very limited role" in Trump's campaign---as campaign manager.

Just more smoke. Smoke, smoke, smoke.

I don't want to defend Trump here, but I don't understand the motivation for Russia to get Manafort in charge of the Trump campaign.

So is the idea that the Russians needed someone they knew had worked for them before to lead the Trump campaign? Why?
I guess the Russians have some kind of US Presidential campaign strategy that's more powerful than anything generated here in the United States?
What I mean is that wouldn't Russian spooks have found this course of action very risky? And with what reward?
Either they had Trump as a known ally or they didn't. If they did then Manafort is totally unnecessary.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

I thought this would be the thread talking about Trump being proved correct: he was wiretapped by the Obama administration.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:

No. Actually, the only change was that the platform was amended to ADD condemnation of the Russian interference in Ukraine. During the crafting of the amendment the Trump campaign changed the language calling for supplying "lethal defensive weapons" to instead calling for taking "appropriate actions".
Last edited by: SH: Mar 23, 17 6:26
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:

Quote:

No. Actually, the only change was that the platform was amended to ADD condemnation of the Russian interference in Ukraine. During the crafting of the amendment the Trump campaign changed the language calling for supplying "lethal defensive weapons" to instead calling for taking "appropriate actions".

If you repeat a lie enough times, people will believe it.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Why do you hate Donald J. Trump?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Hate is such a wasted and negative emotion, it gets otherwise rational people to behave in an irrational and childish manner. It's a fine line between love and hate.

Indifference, you might consider giving that a try.

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

-
HA! Good one, but I think Trump is doing for "fake news!" what liberals have done to "racist!", in using it to argue against anything he disagrees with and close discussion, he has de-fanged to whole concept...yet we still have to be vigilant for fake news, and racism. Sad that people are willing to make damage, for personal gain, in the middle of real issues.

on the pub platform issue:
http://amarillo.com/...weaken-stance-russia
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

I thought this would be the thread talking about Trump being proved correct: he was wiretapped by the Obama administration.

et tu Brutus?

Trump allies being surveilled as part of investigations into other people, as Nunes claimed he had been shown evidence of, is not the same as "Obama wiretapping Trump".

A quick fact check on some other Trump claims:

- Thousands of Muslims in NJ cheering 9-11 attacks (false)
- Massive voter fraud in the 2016 election (specifically claiming in VA, NH and CA) (no evidence)
- What happened in Sweden last night (nothing had happened)
- The biggest ever crowds witnessing a presidential inauguration (false)
- The NSA and FBI tell congress Russia did not meddle in the election (false)
- The murder rate in the US is the highest in 47 years (false)
- Americans don't care about my tax returns (polls disagree)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In addition to the claim about softening the party platform's language about Russia being wrong, the claim about NATO doesn't make much sense. Trump was saying those things about NATO well before June/July 2016.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:

'ere ya go mate :-)

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So is the idea that the Russians needed someone they knew had worked for them before to lead the Trump campaign? Why?
I guess the Russians have some kind of US Presidential campaign strategy that's more powerful than anything generated here in the United States?
What I mean is that wouldn't Russian spooks have found this course of action very risky? And with what reward?
Either they had Trump as a known ally or they didn't. If they did then Manafort is totally unnecessary.

I don't pretend to know how any of this fits together, if in fact it does in some meaningful way. But I think it's reasonable to acknowledge that there are tentacles reaching to and from Russia and Trump's business and political operations, and there are far more questions than answers at present, and they seem to be doing everything in their power to pretend it isn't so.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It bears investigation, but to be honest, a story about Manafort working for the Russians a decade ago is mostly smoke.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Removing sanctions and blocking lethal military assistance to the Ukraine were the 2 main goals for Putin and the Trump team handed that to him on a silver platter. Don't you think it at least a little coincidental, that Mannafort was in Russia just before the convention and this change occurred at the same time?

My question is why, on the eve of the convention, would the Republicans suddenly change their policy platform towards Russia? Then, after the convention, another member of the team announces that more damaging e-mails are on the way. In a few days, almost like magic, out come some wiki-leaks and the Podesta e-mails. Don't you find that at all curious?

It's "almost" as if some in the Trump administration knew what was coming in advance.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I refer you to post 36.

Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
I refer you to post 36.

Facts do NOT "Trump" talking points. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Removing sanctions and blocking lethal military assistance to the Ukraine were the 2 main goals for Putin and the Trump team handed that to him on a silver platter. Don't you think it at least a little coincidental, that Mannafort was in Russia just before the convention and this change occurred at the same time?

My question is why, on the eve of the convention, would the Republicans suddenly change their policy platform towards Russia? Then, after the convention, another member of the team announces that more damaging e-mails are on the way. In a few days, almost like magic, out come some wiki-leaks and the Podesta e-mails. Don't you find that at all curious?

It's "almost" as if some in the Trump administration knew what was coming in advance.

Because Russia is taking over the United States right before our eyes!!!!

May I suggest you find a hobby to occupy your time? Again, when will the Crazy on the left go away?
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:

May I suggest you find a hobby to occupy your time? Again, when will the Crazy on the left go away?

Oh bitch please. If Clinton won and these kinds of things were being said you'd be going nuts about Russia.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are actaully big things happening to drain the swamp and yet all you guys can do is continue to focus on November 8th.

Trump himself seems to spend an inordinate time talking about Nov 8th as well - It seems to come up in every public interview, and speech that he gives. A good portion of the rather incoherent interview with Time yesterday was spent talking about Nov 8th.

Why? Why does he keep going on and on about this? He won (we hope fairly) and the Republicans won - why the need to keep going back again and again to Nov 8? Move on. Move forward!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Why? Why does he keep going on and on about this? He won (we hope fairly) and the Republicans won - why the need to keep going back again and again to Nov 8? Move on. Move forward!

Why? Because he never wanted to be President. He only wanted to win. Winning is what matters to him. He won, so he's letting everyone know it.

It will always be about November 8th for Trump.

That was a big day, the biggest. A HUGE DAY!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Because Russia is taking over the United States right before our eyes!!!!

yeah, because what Sanuk wrote above would be crazy if it weren't true. you really think the FBI are investigating all this when it's just a baseless left wing conspiracy theory? if so, you're either immensely naive or just choosing to keep your head in the sand in thinking Trump and other Pubs can do no wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: More smoke [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, I'm guessing it's the latter.
Quote Reply

Prev Next