Prev Next
Re: First date [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:
j p o wrote:
knewbike wrote:
Be an hour late because your junky car refuses to start. Kick some ex boyfriend guy out of her room when you arrive with an uncomfortable stare down. Don't bother to go out and have sex.

Wait. That was my 1st date with my wife 27 years ago.

I was going to go with sit around with your friends playing euchre and drinking beer then go to a midnight showing of The Wall. That is my go to move. It worked once and is all I have.

My wife asked me on a coffee date, my response "why would I want to do that?" Pissed her right off that a guy would turn her down so she doubled down on getting together with me. Next encounter was at a mutual friends bday party that she "encouraged" me to attend. I was absolutely shit faced when she showed up, she walked right up to me, gave me a hug, we kissed, she took my drunk ass back to my place when the bar closed and hasn't left since.

She still maintains the only reason she was interested was because I had the audacity to turn her down. She was not accustomed to that sort of treatment from guys.

I turned down my wife a couple of times and even tried to break up with her once early on in dating! 10 years later I still haven't managed to shake her :-).

Guess they really do only want what they can't have!

I suppose! I didn't do it as some stupid head game or power play, I was just out of a serious relationship just got home from travelling, I knew she was looking for something more serious then I was really in the right headspace for at that point in my life. In the end it was nice because we got to know each other slowly over a long period of time.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: First date [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:
j p o wrote:
knewbike wrote:
Be an hour late because your junky car refuses to start. Kick some ex boyfriend guy out of her room when you arrive with an uncomfortable stare down. Don't bother to go out and have sex.

Wait. That was my 1st date with my wife 27 years ago.

I was going to go with sit around with your friends playing euchre and drinking beer then go to a midnight showing of The Wall. That is my go to move. It worked once and is all I have.

My wife asked me on a coffee date, my response "why would I want to do that?" Pissed her right off that a guy would turn her down so she doubled down on getting together with me. Next encounter was at a mutual friends bday party that she "encouraged" me to attend. I was absolutely shit faced when she showed up, she walked right up to me, gave me a hug, we kissed, she took my drunk ass back to my place when the bar closed and hasn't left since.

She still maintains the only reason she was interested was because I had the audacity to turn her down. She was not accustomed to that sort of treatment from guys.

I turned down my wife a couple of times and even tried to break up with her once early on in dating! 10 years later I still haven't managed to shake her :-).

Guess they really do only want what they can't have!

I suppose! I didn't do it as some stupid head game or power play, I was just out of a serious relationship just got home from travelling, I knew she was looking for something more serious then I was really in the right headspace for at that point in my life. In the end it was nice because we got to know each other slowly over a long period of time.

I was kinda interested in my wife, but she was quite the socialite, smoking hot, and got lots of attention. She was a runner for private attorneys and I worked in the court house so I saw her almost every day, as did every other guy in the building who followed her around like drooling neanderthals. Based on this info I knew she wasn't accustomed to being turned down. The look on her face when she asked me on a date and I turned her down was priceless.
Quote Reply
Re: First date [beekay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to mention, according to Forge, if you can't bench twice your weight, hit a target 200 yards out with a rifle, and arm wrestle a silverback gorilla (preferably, all at the same time), you aren't man enough to be desirable and probably shouldn't even bother showing up for brunch.

Quote Reply
Re: First date [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to mention, according to Forge, if you can't bench twice your weight, hit a target 200 yards out with a rifle, and arm wrestle a silverback gorilla (preferably, all at the same time), you aren't man enough to be desirable and probably shouldn't even bother showing up for brunch.

And, you have to tell your first date you can do all those things while mocking the pencil necked triathlete types who can't. She would love it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At some point during the date, lean over and place your hand on her stomach and say "Soon my seed will be growing in there".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure to discuss whether a sperm is an organism and whether or not your thumb is alive.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aaaaand you can try this. make it good restaurant.

http://www.foxnews.com/...-multiple-times.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: First date [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
At some point during the date, lean over and place your hand on her stomach and say "Soon my seed will be growing in there".

LOL

Quote Reply
Re: First date [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
aaaaand you can try this. make it good restaurant.

http://www.foxnews.com/...-multiple-times.html

What a dirt bag! People like that are their own punishment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that we have your mind totally screwed up, you are going to fail so relax and enjoy the date.

Quote | Reply
So, are we going to have results?
Quote Reply
Re: First date [keepcycling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keepcycling wrote:
So, are we going to have results?

In nine months time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give him time. It takes time to bury a body.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I followed everyone's advice. Brought my gun, patted her belly, went to the gym beforehand to get that sick pump, as well as Duffy's advice...

I actually thought of writing post in the spirit of a post race recap, but I was afraid BLep might ask me to take it to the Tri forum.

Saturday was quite something, to be honest. In the morning, we were both texting one another making fun of each other and making "date escape" plans. In hindsight, we were both nervous and it really help lighten the mood.

I already knew she was smart and attractive, but it was such a bonus that we clicked. But man, the first 5 minutes was horrible. I think the butterflies in my stomach had butterflies in their stomachs. But after the initial nervous wore off, it was great, and the conversation flowed freely from the both of us.

Anyways, what was supposed to be a <2hr brunch ended up being a 4hr date. After eating, we went for a walk around the neighbourhood and continued the conversation. But stupid me, I walked on the inside of the road (forgetting my manners) and a truck dove passed a puddle and kinda splashed on her (not a lot, just some sprinkles) Rookie mistake and I was kicking myself for forgetting that simple rule. *Tip to the rest of you men, always walk closest to the road.

Also, someone gave a tip about having a witty end to the date, so Friday night I had written a short note with a bad groaner joke (I know she likes those), ending with asking her out again. I just thought that it would give her an out if she did not want to see me again as she would not have to be awkward about promising a 2nd date, vice versa, if I didn't feel the connection, I did not have to gave her the note.

But I thought it went well and handed the note to her and told her to read it when she got home.

By the evening, she responded... positively, and we are planning to meet up again next weekend.

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice!! Was hoping this would go well, what's the plan for second date?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did you guys eat?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Walk and witty always works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading this thread, I plan on staying single and alone if something happens to my marriage.
Quote Reply
Re: First date [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kppolich wrote:
Walk and witty always works.
Not if it is cold and/or wet and jokes are stale.

Quote | Reply
Dogs are loving and loyal!

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: First date [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not going to let you dull my sparkle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did the note say?

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: First date [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
What did the note say?

It said:

"Please help me change my name from Beekay to Beejay!"

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you fuck her?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: First date [Nova] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't mind me asking, are you up front about your biological history?
Quote Reply

Prev Next