On the German streaming it is an interview with Lange's coach Faris Al-Sultan
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders must be walking at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its going to be a husband/wife race to see who gets a better position at the end.

Train to race. Race to win.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Potts has crashed as well now.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:
And she'll still finish 15mins down on ryf, crazy!

So when will people start saying "She should learn to bike"?

Rinny just took 5th. She'll finish 2nd.

Ain't first. Well first loser I suppose.
Last edited by: M~: Oct 8, 16 16:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

Rinny is a good triathlon biker for someone as small as she is producing such low top line wattage (given her size). She might be able to get down to Natasha Badmann range with more aero tweaks but at what cost to her run. Keep in mind that Rinny's times have generally all been faster than Natasha at her peak and also as fast or faster than PNF (an athletes of the same size who biked faster but ran slower....also keep in mind that PNF was able to ride with age group men. Her times would be slower today riding solo).
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jan's english is far less action hero than Sebastian's.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

hahaha...one of the best comments today
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

Rinny is a good triathlon biker for someone as small as she is producing such low top line wattage (given her size). She might be able to get down to Natasha Badmann range with more aero tweaks but at what cost to her run. Keep in mind that Rinny's times have generally all been faster than Natasha at her peak and also as fast or faster than PNF (an athletes of the same size who biked faster but ran slower....also keep in mind that PNF was able to ride with age group men. Her times would be slower today riding solo).

but she has to learn to do something that gets her in contention earlier...running down people who are SO far ahead is super challenging

change something Rinny.

You know I love you!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Class

Could imagine seb saying "my eyes, the Oakley's they do nothing!"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You would think with the lead Ryf has and Rinny moving up, they would drop the coverage on Ryf and roll back to the 2-5 women runners.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
dyarab wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

The nerve of someone sitting on a couch calling any of these beasts, no matter whom, a loser... SMH!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
You would think with the lead Ryf has and Rinny moving up, they would drop the coverage on Ryf and roll back to the 2-5 women runners.
You must be new here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

You always come back to this 'size' thing with men and women on the bike leg of the triathlon. How big is Alberto Contador? He is a pretty handy time trialist. How big are the best female time trialists in the world? I'm sure they are not much bigger, if they are bigger at all, than any strong female cyclists in a triathlon. Alistair Brownlee is hardly big yet he seems to be able to deliver some pretty big watts in his ITU races.

Is Badmann much bigger than Rinny?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did Lange just get a 5m penalty from T2??
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [sylvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can Lange make it to the podium
I'd bed 'yes'

wow-very impressive running this late in the race
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [shamrocks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shamrocks wrote:
mattr wrote:
You must be new here

It looks like they only rented two camera crews for the entire race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rodchaves31 wrote:
M~ wrote:
dyarab wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

The nerve of someone sitting on a couch calling any of these beasts, no matter whom, a loser... SMH!

I don't mean she is a "loser" just the first loser (in terms of placement) of the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

but she has to learn to do something that gets her in contention earlier...running down people who are SO far ahead is super challenging

change something Rinny.

You know I love you!

I think she's doing everything she possibly can to get into contention sooner. It's easy for us to coach her on ST. I'm sure Siri and her have been working on her swim & bike the last few years.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't worry. Just 3 or 4 more front page articles and Steinmetz will get her fit dialed.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
dtoce wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

change something Rinny.

You know I love you!

I think she's doing everything she possibly can to get into contention sooner. It's easy for us to coach her on ST. I'm sure Siri and her have been working on her swim & bike the last few years.

yeah, I know that, but this is not a new problem
I love RINNY!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
dtoce wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

change something Rinny.

You know I love you!

I would be interested to see her splits from the past 4 years and whether the swim and bike splits have improved much.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Hawaii 2016 official thread [Cup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cup wrote:
shamrocks wrote:
mattr wrote:

You must be new here

It looks like they only rented two camera crews for the entire race.

Is that the including the helicopter or not... I'm guessing it does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dtoce wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
M~ wrote:
snaaijert wrote:

change something Rinny.

You know I love you!

She can't magically "learn" something. She just physically cannot produce more watts on the bike. It's like asking a linebacker to learn how to do the balance beam in the olympics gymnastic competition. At some point you can't defy your body's dimensions. As I said, she might be able to tweak out some aero gains, but is there a cost to her run? All the pro women up to now who are that small who biked faster ran slower. No one has run as fast as Rinny while riding like PNF or Badmann out of a frame as small as those girls. There is no magic learning to be done here. Rinny's bike was in a respectable range of other pro women. Ryf is out of this world as Chrissie was. Both were much bigger athletes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like Lange can grab 3rd

TOP 10 Pro Men - Thru Run Split 9 - Hina Lani inbound - 21.56 mi

1 7:34:52 Jan Frodeno
2 7:39:08 4:16 Sebastian Kienle
3 7:42:38 7:46 Ben Hoffman
4 7:42:58 8:06 Andi Boecherer
5 7:43:19 8:28 Patrick Lange
6 7:43:25 8:33 Tim O'Donnell

Train to race. Race to win.