Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Family kidnapped by Mexican Satanic Gang, "The Stingrays." How soon can they start running again?
Quote | Reply
Hola. My wife and two daughters were carjacked and kidnapped while visiting friends in Cozumel. How soon can they start running again? Will they lose any fitness? How may seconds will this add to their 10k time?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: Family kidnapped by Mexican Satanic Gang, "The Stingrays." How soon can they start running again? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More importantly, how can you manage through this without losing any of YOUR fitness? Let's keep things in perspective here....
Quote Reply
Re: Family kidnapped by Mexican Satanic Gang, "The Stingrays." How soon can they start running again? [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't understand this meme. I don't find it funny. Seemed like a legit question to me.

I'm not offended or anything, I just don't get it.
Quote Reply
Re: Family kidnapped by Mexican Satanic Gang, "The Stingrays." How soon can they start running again? [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
More importantly, how can you manage through this without losing any of YOUR fitness? Let's keep things in perspective here....

Oh, I'm good. The FBI said they'll let me know if anything develops. So I'm continuing my training as normal, absolutely no changes. But I'm having trouble calculating the CTL of this drama. I've lost some sleep because... you know... that gang could have kidnapped my bike!

Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Jun 6, 16 14:43
Quote Reply
Re: Family kidnapped by Mexican Satanic Gang, "The Stingrays." How soon can they start running again? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're pointing out that frequently people will post on here that they have had something terrible happen in their life, but they are so addicted to training they can't stop training and want to know how soon they can get back to it. To illustrate the point, somebody just posted that he broke his back, is in a WHEELCHAIR WITH A BACK BRACE for a few weeks, but his real frustration is that he was on the verge of qualifying for Kona for the third time... and what's the recovery time so they can get back to it? You know, because you can't take a break and heal after already qualifying twice.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

While the problem the person is facing truly sucks and you feel bad for them, the level of addiction and denial is stunning... and you can find humor in how ridiculous we can get about this sport.

Last edited by: ZenTriBrett: Jun 7, 16 3:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say they need to start running ASAP! How else are they going to escape the Satanic Mexican Gang? As for losing fitness, they'll actually gain fitness as there isn't much better motivation to PR than running for their lives. They should drop as much as 1:45 off their 10K times, that's about the average while fleeing from a SMG.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The stress will cause weight loss, this is always a good thing in the bike and run.
Also the runner can channel the fight of flight better having actually experienced it.
All usefull for a committed Triath-A-lete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More importantly did they loose their credit cards and ATM card. If they need money just let me know where to wire it.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply