Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM R2C shifters
Quote | Reply
After reviewing the small parts doc, I for the life of me can NOT get my shifter back together. Anyone have a diagram that shows greater detail?

http://www.researchms.org/trifest/
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C shifters [1fastbeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man. I've been there. What half of the shifter are you working on?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suggestion: take it to a bike shop that has experience working with SRAM R2C shifters. The time saved will be worth the $$ provided you value your time. OR...send it back to SRAM & ask them to fix it--even if it is for a small fee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1fastbeaver wrote:
After reviewing the small parts doc, I for the life of me can NOT get my shifter back together. Anyone have a diagram that shows greater detail?

If I remember right you live around me in Ohio. Bob Duncan had to rebuild mine when I had issues. You may want to see if he can help.

"A wise man once told me......God doesn't call the equipped, he equips the called."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how much do you want for them?

Tim

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a powerpoint presentation from Zipp which I used to repair my sram r2c's (they're exactly the same inside).
It's a little fiddly but once you understand how they work it's easy enough. You'll need some long nose pliers and patience :)

Found the link: http://www.zipp.com/...s/R2C-Rebuild-V2.ppt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried the same thing. Struggled for many hours with tweezers and a magnifying glass. I got them back together once, but there was no stoppers to the clicks so it would click all the way around.

Went to my fantastic lbs and they sent it off to SRAM who sent me a brand new pair as a "good will feature". Their awesome service made a life long SRAM user out of me.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply