Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jersey question
Quote | Reply
Hi everybody. I have a question about the jerseys. When a rider wins the yellow, how do they get the sponsors on the jersey before the winner gets on the poduim? Silly questions but I swear it keeps me up at night....

You win some.
You loose some.
You wreck some.
A-
Quote Reply
Re: Jersey question [Bug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
behind the little podium, back where the podium girls are taking their clothes off, there is an ironing board, where they iron the logos onto the blank jersey right after every stage...

...or so i've heard

...about the naked girls that is
Quote Reply
Re: Jersey question [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you mean back where Arnold is brushing his hair is a little ol grandma with arthritis fingers sewing her little heart out?

You win some.
You loose some.
You wreck some.
A-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
actually i think that's bob roll's job now that he isn't doing the live coverage anymore
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year on OLN TV they had a feature on the guy who prints up all the jerseys. He has a mobile printing truck and they pre-make all the shirts for each team in a number of sizes plus they make up special presentation jerseys that zip up the back just for the awards ceremony. After the stage, at night, they print the sponsors names on special colored jerseys for the next day's race.
Quote Reply
Re: Jersey question [R Isgrigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks, My babe and I have wondered for the last 3 years how they did that.

Olen
Quote Reply
Re: Jersey question [muscle.boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As we're on the subject of Tour minutae, can anyone explain to me how the timing is done - is there a tri-style chip system, (and if so how does this cope with mass pack finishes?) or is it something simpler? Cheers.
Quote Reply