Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Slowman is a darn nice guy.....(a tad OT and slightly long)
Quote | Reply
As a frequent lurker/infrequent poster (I am NOT a techie!) who rides a late 90's Tequilo, I was pretty darn excited (No, I don't have much of a life!) to see the name Empfield on the entry list for the recent Mountain Man triathlon in Flagstaff, AZ.

How many could there be? Surely it had to be the same guy? (This thought was encouraged by the appearance of a Montgomery on the same list.) What the heck was he doing coming to a small race in the backwoods of Arizona?

I did some research. Got a picture in my head to search for on race day. Tried to decide if I could be considered a stalker for wanting to meet the guy.

At the race I saw a guy that matched the picture and, summoning up my meager supply of post-race courage, walked up and asked if he was that California guy. He said he was. I asked if he was the California BIKE guy. He was.

I really appreciate that he took a few minutes to have a conversation with a small town triathlete when it would have been oh-so-easy to just blow me off. I had a great race and the day was made even better because of a conversation with the guy who "made" my bike!

Proves, yet again, that triathletes ROCK!

It's a little like wrestling a gorilla.........you don't stop when you're tired.........you stop when the gorilla is tired.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman is a darn nice guy.....(a tad OT and slightly long) [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've fooled another one Empfield.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman is a darn nice guy.....(a tad OT and slightly long) [gleveq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What the heck was he doing coming to a small race in the backwoods of Arizona?"

meeting you.

besides, i hear all the time from long-term triathletes, "i miss the old days, when racing was simpler [etc., and so forth]."

i like those races too.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lurking in the gettos... a typical sort of hip hop rock star move
Quote Reply