Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [triathlonstu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad someone brought this up. Claiming the "The best set of all-around wheels", then later saying he'd never ridden them, then looking back at this post realize that he is shilling for a sponsorship/free set of wheel.

I'm not taking anything away from Mr Patterson or Mr. LeDuc (the ex-world masters champ), they are both cagey strong riders. But it seems Mr. Patterson has done himself a great disservice with this whole thread. He has pretty much thrown any shred of credibility he has as an "expert" right out the window. Well I should say thrown the rest of it out. This whole thread was just the icing on the cake.

triathlonstu wrote:
My favourite post on the thread is this one. Mainly because its of a couple of old timers and implies that because at some point in a race you are ahead of a person who is better than you, it makes you better than they are.

This thread not only defies the laws of physics but also the laws of common sense.

SarahConnor wrote:
Thanks for setting these mindless morons straight.

You have THE BEST SET OF ALL-AROUND WHEELS on the market currently.

I'll switch these for a pair of MF's if you want some exposure winning races.
Yes...those are rainbow stripes...earned on the guy behind me.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone gets his chain yanked a little too easily. I should have put (*sarcasm*) in there.

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [triathlonstu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlonstu wrote:
My favourite post on the thread is this one. Mainly because its of a couple of old timers and implies that because at some point in a race you are ahead of a person who is better than you, it makes you better than they are.

This thread not only defies the laws of physics but also the laws of common sense.

SarahConnor wrote:

You can tell by the angle of the cornering that he's clearly going over 27mph, and you can see he is on a deeper than 80mm set of wheels, ergo, he is being accelerated without any additional power. OF COURSE he's going to be riding right past the world champ!

Erik
Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair, the laws of physics are hardly set in stone. We're still learning new things. I'm no PhD, but I was in school long enough to know that physics is not an open and shut subject. In fact, I recall that class as hosting some of the most vitriolic discussions I've ever seen.

And it continues in this thread.....lol
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Azr43l] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a cool youtube video on how they get the tension in the spokes... check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes but in the space of bike wheel performance the physics is good to go, has been since newton.

i mean we can land on the moon with our physics, to suggest we can't model a bike wheel is lunacy.

Azr43l wrote:
To be fair, the laws of physics are hardly set in stone. We're still learning new things. I'm no PhD, but I was in school long enough to know that physics is not an open and shut subject. In fact, I recall that class as hosting some of the most vitriolic discussions I've ever seen.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Environmental variability and lack of uniformity in testing also makes things difficult. I can't wait for Chris' wheels to go through the wind tunnel. I'm sure the aero scientists will have a field day....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who are 'the aero scientists' and have they expressed any opinion on how aero these wheels are?

totally new sort of spoke, can't imagine anyone would be sure one way or the other.

Azr43l wrote:
Environmental variability and lack of uniformity in testing also makes things difficult. I can't wait for Chris' wheels to go through the wind tunnel. I'm sure the aero scientists will have a field day....

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Azr43l wrote:

The laws of physics are indeed set in stone. Our collective understanding of them is not. Confusing those two points is a critical mistake of grandiose proportion. It's common though.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [mcdoublee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcdoublee wrote:
triathlonstu wrote:

SarahConnor wrote:

You can tell by the angle of the cornering that he's clearly going over 27mph, and you can see he is on a deeper than 80mm set of wheels, ergo, he is being accelerated without any additional power. OF COURSE he's going to be riding right past the world champ!

I know this discussion has been one of the more science-based (well, some faux science and some science-defying too), but I can't believe the side of Slowtwitch that critiques people's living room furniture and shoes not matching the bike/kit has not spoken up about that jersey. That is truly an amazing pattern/color combination. Cipollini doesn't have anything on him, especially if he's on 90mm wheels.
Last edited by: nilloc: Apr 13, 11 19:39
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [seebritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
proof that unrepentant doping tops gear?
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [SarahConnor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:

I just wanted to quote this post, forever, given the events of today.
Quote Reply

Prev Next