Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
Thanks, That exactly illustrates my point. His analysis strictly looks at how much average power is lost ridinbg at a stady state in a crit. It ignores the fact that a crit is all about holding the wheel in front of you and acceleration out of corners.

Lesson learned, if you want to minimize the effect of something leave out the major factors when doing a computer analysis.

Styrrell

??

The crit model was based on the variations in speed taken from an actual P1/2 criterium power file? There's nothing "steady state" about the analysis, so it certainly does take into account accelerating out of corners; as far as "holding the wheel in front of you", well, if your claim is that a lighter wheel helps with that, then I'm pretty much beyond words.

Lesson learned, ignore the content of an analysis if it's results don't fit with your own narrative....
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [SarahConnor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
There are many things happening in the real world that contradict the known laws of physics.

and there you have it....the most awesome line ever written on ST.

Really no where to go from here folks.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team
Powered by Accelerate 3
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about a pound of less weight?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
What about a pound of less weight?

You all knew it was coming...

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spinegry Rev-X's are great wheels and although they get some negative press, are very fast......I road the hell out of mine for 10 years and they are stilling rolling with the new owner.

As for Madfiber, what is old is new again. I would buy Madfibers just because they look cool, but they are probably not any more aero than a set of old Rev-X's.

This place would have a complete fucking meltdown if Starykowitz rode Madfibers with Powercranks

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [seebritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replies to this topic: 129
Relevant replies addressing the OP's question: 2

Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
There are many things happening in the real world that contradict the known laws of physics.
Once again,,,I have told too much
Try it...and see for yourself?

Can you please give me a few examples since you say they are many you will not have any problem with that

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Fastyellow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Complicated versions of magnetic forces between charged particles in initially perpendicular motion can contradict Newtons third law of motion...since the forces are equal but not opposite.
Newtons third law changed up...magnetic forces can store momentum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
I would suggest that you take a couple courses at MIT if you don't see this.

What courses in particular do you suggest I take?

SarahConnor wrote:
And I don't imply anything negative at all in saying this. I love you ...man.
Dude...what they have done is revolutionary...it has greater potential implications in producing the fastest wheelset to date...until they do a disc.

You keep saying that, but I have yet to see you actually elaborate on exactly what it is that they have done that has such remarkable implications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-b7RmmMJeo

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Last edited by: Rappstar: Mar 18, 11 20:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
Complicated versions of magnetic forces between charged particles in initially perpendicular motion can contradict Newtons third law of motion...since the forces are equal but not opposite.

nice cut and paste

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look... they don't have anything that will make you faster for what you do right now. if they produce a deep set and/or a disc then it would be time to take a look and experiment.
For what you do...it's really a no-brainer Stinger 90/disc rear. That's your set-up.
I'm rooting for you to have a great year.
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Cobble] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
standard

Brian Grasky
Grasky Endurance: World Championship Triathlon Coaching; Professional Training Camps
RETUL fitter, Biomechanist, USAT Level 3 Coach, USAC Level 2 Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For a moment I contemplated what would my life be if I hadn't come across your posts in this thread. That thought alone just terrifies me.

-

The Triathlon Squad

Like us on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:

I'm also pretty sure some funky things happen in black holes....until they start holding cycling races there, I'm not sure that this is really relevant.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team