Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and you're continuing to ignore the people who've given you a link showing that aero wheels accelerate out of corners better.
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [jpb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my example I'm using a light aero wheel. Light and aero doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. Thats pretty much where I start to think I'm winning a debate. Well if we handicap you this way then.....

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
er....the debate was about weight vs. aero. So if you're going to say you'll take both...then. Uh. well you're right. But that wasn't the point, was it?
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not aware of a commercially produced wheel that would be better than Mad Fiber for Mark. Has he tried them?

Mad Fiber 90/90....that's what I want ....at around 1200 grams.

60/66's are to shallow for me.

Love that turbo boost that kicks in on 90's once you hit around 27mph.
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [RebeccaCreekKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what's your point Love?

Look...give me any wheelset .....let me ride it for 10 mins.
I'll tell you if it's faster or slower in various situations than any other wheelset that is currently tagged in the hard drive....and that's everthing else on the market.
I have not ridden MF....but it looks and the technicals seem damn wicked....but again 90/90 at 1200 or so grams would be killer.

PS. Alexi raced with me in Belgium....he struggled terribly.
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [SarahConnor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a set of 404 firecrest wheels will be faster & lighter than your mad fiber 90/90 setup; although that set isn't listed on their website.

If psycholist is arguing for aero & lighter - well duh (pink). But since MF hasn't published any aero data (that I've seen) I don't know that we can comment on how aero they may or may not be. I think most of ST will err on the side of "less aero until proven with windtunnel/chung, on a steek."

Trust me, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but I'm a Cat1 and I just had the fastest bike split at a tri...
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [RebeccaCreekKid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry but the 404 firecrest is much slower than the 88's that I ride. Otherwise I would ride the 404's since I have tried them....they are nice wheels...but they don't have the aero kick that I like.
There is a tremendous amount of bad information on this forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
I am not aware of a commercially produced wheel that would be better than Mad Fiber for Mark. Has he tried them?

I have no idea. But I'm curious why you think they'd be so great for him, since as you said,

SarahConnor wrote:
I have not ridden MF....but it looks and the technicals seem damn wicked.

So, since they don't even meet your own ridiculous claim that,

SarahConnor wrote:
Look...give me any wheelset .....let me ride it for 10 mins.
I'll tell you if it's faster or slower in various situations than any other wheelset that is currently tagged in the hard drive....and that's everthing else on the market.

I'm wondering how/why you are certain they are faster than anything else. However, I figured it out when I read what you said later,

SarahConnor wrote:

Yes, and I'm starting to feel like you are responsible for about 90% of it.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Sarah,"
Tone down your attitude here on this site.

We can all disagree and that is fine, but your attitude in various posts here and other threads is not so fine.

H
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why is everyone so negative on a product that could have immense positive implications on all of us riding faster?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you.

I enjoy discussion on topics, especially hot new wheels and all, but ...

Last edited by: rroof: Mar 18, 11 19:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
I'm wondering how/why you are certain they are faster than anything else. However, I figured it out when I read what you said later,

SarahConnor wrote:

Yes, and I'm starting to feel like you are responsible for about 90% of it.

Damn that was funny! I laughed so hard that water I was drinking shot out of my nose.. Unintentional Netti?

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [jpb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No thats what some are arguing, other s are arguing that weight is so minor that it doesn't matter. I think it does matter, and feel that the analysis done by Jack Mott (where he doesn't mention aero at all) and the analytic cycling link (which also doesn't address aero) is missing key real workld factors.

Also more than once and by more than one person people have stated that a heavier wheel is faster than a lighter wheel (regardless of aero) due to increased inertia. That is patently absurd.

I don't think you will find any post by SarahConner, Phsycolist, or myself where we state weight trumps aero.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because as I said we can can disagree. You seemingly like to race with Boyd 88mm wheels and they make you happy because they do what you want them to do.

Others have different sets of goals and ideas for what they want and that is cool too.

As for Madfiber, I think the wheels are interesting indeed and I gave them props on Slowtwitch faster than most any other media did.

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...mo_-_day_1_1549.html

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm cool with everything that you said.
My point is that MF has a concept unlike anything else on the market right now.
Their technology put into developing a deep set could revolutionize this market.
I'll wager that the players are already thinking this and have already started planning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
60/66's are to shallow for me.

Love that turbo boost that kicks in on 90's once you hit around 27mph.

Whoa!! Wait a second.. I almost missed this. Are you saying that I will actually accelerate with deeper wheels (88mm or 90's) once I hit 27?

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
I'm cool with everything that you said.
My point is that MF has a concept unlike anything else on the market right now.
Their technology put into developing a deep set could revolutionize this market.
I'll wager that the players are already thinking this and have already started planning.

What concept is that? What specific technology is there that could "revolutionize this market"?

Madfiber doesn't even provide detailed information on how their windtunnel tests were run.

What I see is a *potentially* interesting design that has some promising-but very incomplete-wind tunnel data. Hardly revolutionary...

I find it surprising that you are so certain that these wheels are revolutionary despite having never ridden them, and yet you insist that companies that have PROVEN their designs are superior can't outperform open mold Chinese frames.

So you've got a wheelset that you've never ridden and which has to prove itself in any kind of independent testing AND/OR on the race course, and it's the second coming. And yet the best developed and most well thought out products on the market, which are proven in both independent testing and on the race course are barely, if at all, better than open mold stuff?

90% I think I might need to up that number to 95% or more...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well... I do... using a powermeter my watts stabilize and my speed increases around that area on Hed 90's and Boyd 88's.
I put my kid on a deep set and he said " wow...it's like a turbo kicked in around 26-27 mph" and my effort decreased.
He won a race last week leading out the sprint with the confidence that this was going to happen since he had already experienced it first hand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
Well... I do... using a powermeter my watts stabilize and my speed increases around that area on Hed 90's and Boyd 88's.

I put my kid on a deep set and he said " wow...it's like a turbo kicked in around 26-27 mph" and my effort decreased.
He won a race last week leading out the sprint with the confidence that this was going to happen since he had already experienced it first hand.

So at 26-27 you are accelerating with no increase in wattage? You do realize that this goes against the laws of physics?

Heath Dotson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest that you take a couple courses at MIT if you don't see this.
And I don't imply anything negative at all in saying this. I love you ...man.
Dude...what they have done is revolutionary...it has greater potential implications in producing the fastest wheelset to date...until they do a disc.
Quote Reply
Re: Madfiber Wheels...any experience? [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are many things happening in the real world that contradict the known laws of physics.
Once again,,,I have told too much
Try it...and see for yourself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think those wheels are cool for a nice sunday bike but not sure they will break the market for racing. They will sell them to people who like to have a nice flashy bike, someone like me!

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
There are many things happening in the real world that contradict the known laws of physics.

I just wanted to quote this for posterity - metaphysically speaking or course.

Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:

Oh ok.. Gotcha.. I was just wondering why my HED 90's didn't do that.. I guess we operate under a different set of rules...

Heath Dotson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SarahConnor wrote:
I would suggest that you take a couple courses at MIT if you don't see this.
And I don't imply anything negative at all in saying this. I love you ...man.
Dude...what they have done is revolutionary...it has greater potential implications in producing the fastest wheelset to date...until they do a disc.

What they did was recreate the Spinergy with a few extra spoke and a deeper rim.. Where is the revolution.. I really want to know.. seriously..

Heath Dotson
Quote Reply

Prev Next