Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you underestimate the pressures guys like bighorsecreek have to face going through life with their big hairy penises.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I haven't done the research, but I would be willing to wage my salary that the majority of people that are now into athletics started it to improve their body image.

I like to think I represent the demographic you are refering to.

As their representative I would like to tell you I started into athletics for the Fun and comradary!

Do you want to Paypal that money or just send me a check in the mail?

Dude, I can't wait to meet you in Clearwater, you should be really easy to pick out of the crowd, the athlete with the giant head. That is an amazing ego to consider yourself the majority and the sole respresentative for millions.

I will be the guy right in front of you at the finish line!!

(Sorry, way off topic, just felt like handing out a little smack talk.)

just be thankfull for the HUGE draft i am going to give you on the bike that will allow you to reighn supreme during your run!

thanks me when you are on the podium and all will be fine.

M'kay

(courtesy of South Park)
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[golf clap] Well done sir, well done [/golf clap]

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a burden, both literally and figuretively
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My post was so brilliant, I again feel compelled to state that her body is BEAUTIFUL because of what it can accomplish, not because of what it subjectively looks like. That body has taken women's iron distance triathlon to a new level. That body races sub 9's. That body is beautiful, regardless of what it looks like.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [brycebaird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My post was so brilliant, I again feel compelled to state that her body is BEAUTIFUL because of what it can accomplish, not because of what it subjectively looks like. That body has taken women's iron distance triathlon to a new level. That body races sub 9's. That body is beautiful, regardless of what it looks like.

Agreed. But there is also the charity work, like www.waronals.com and Blazeman. That "body" is also helping to raise funds for ALS. That "body" is strong enough to greet finishers, all of them, after a race and hand out finishers medals.

No matter your personal opinions on beauty, most have to admire her dedication to her fitness and her body is just a by-product of the level she has attained.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
there is also the charity work, like www.waronals.com and Blazeman. That "body" is also helping to raise funds for ALS. That "body" is strong enough to greet finishers, all of them, after a race and hand out finishers medals.

No matter your personal opinions on beauty, most have to admire her dedication to her fitness and her body is just a by-product of the level she has attained.

Amen to that, you make my point better than I do. What could be more beautiful than all of that.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [medranom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's not shocking. Most elite female athletes are very very lean.

I like a sturdy girl myself. Meh, whatever.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOULD NOT KICK HER OUT OF BED FOR EATING CRACKERS........BUT SAME APPLIES TO ALL THE TOP 100 OR SO WOMEN....

Semper Fi

Motor, Suffer, Bonk
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [marines369] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You only say that because you know she doesn't eat crackers.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [brycebaird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[H]er body is BEAUTIFUL because of what it can accomplish, not because of what it subjectively looks like.

You know what I find sexy? Excellence. Success. Good Attitude. Chrissie has it all. She is sexy.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You know what I find sexy? Excellence. Success. Good Attitude. Chrissie has it all. She is sexy.

Another big Amen to that too!!! That is eggsactly the point.

See Shallow Hal.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [TRI Tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And think, "the camera adds 10 pounds". Her personality and performance is what makes her attractive; her appearance is just a result of that, plus genetics.

And photoshop loses 50 pounds, what's the point? Gaaahhh I hate that argument.

And no, I haven't gone to the link--the side commentary is way more interesting. She is who she is.

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Fittrigal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Getting a mixed message. Eating is cheating. Thin to win. Slowtwitch hates fatties. Fat is bad. If someone suggests you have an eating disorder that is a compliment. But wait! Skinny is not sexy. Women should be sexy. So train hard, eat only when absolutely necessary, race to win but please try to look attractive.

You left out: "Everyone hates fat until you put a nipple on it."

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's not shocking. Most elite female athletes are very very lean.

Not shocking to me at all.

Suggestion: Focus less on the upper body and more on the hips and the legs. Very strong. Very well built. and very powerful.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Fooshee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not attractive?

Well, form follows function and I will suggest that Ms. Wellington's form is a beautiful adaptation to the task she has prepared for: Ironman.

Think about these concepts of beauty and the adaptations or settings in which they were conceived:

It's all a matter of context.....

And I happen to think Ms. Wellington is quite fetching. Fast too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dammit Tom,

Now Chip is gonna post the third photo of that series and we will all have to scratch our eyes out...
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [greg'n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge.... ( I hope not!)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
she can go persistance hunting with me any day

hell- she can lead the hunt=> and go for the kill....

goals, personal:
- under same username post st rr of Kona m80-84ag mop, tail end of the dopers finish
- shoot age from tips on par 72
- beat SuperDave in one-on-one
all within single wk- Viva Chopin, Fryderyk; Faulk, Peter; Helmsley, Sherman; Palillo, Ron; Rogers, Fred McFeely; Sanford, John Elroy; Snuka, Jimmy- and the water bottle isn't half fuller on the other side
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So please, it's not one-sided. Just because some don't complain about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I don't think I ever said "there are no double standards for men." It's very interesting to read what you and others wrote.

It's interesting to leaf through some Men's Fitness magazines - yes, all the guys are pretty cookie cutter. (At least in female magazines they try to say "love your shape! you can be curvy!" except "curvy" models are still about a size 2). And while female magazines have all kinds of articles about weight loss, all your nutrition articles are focused on gaining muscle.

Just like the men on this thread are clearly attracted to different body shapes of females, I can promise you that there are girls who like skinny runt runners. I'm one of them :-) gorgeous skinny calves and tall and thin, gorgeous.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [AndrewSaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wish he was more sensitive/He's TOO sensitive, it's like dating a girl

I want a guy who's fun and carefree/Ughhh he's so irresponsible

I want a guy who's confident and assertive/Ughhh he's a cocky jerk

I want a guy whose aggressive and manly/Ummm...dating Chris Brown was definitely a bad idea

The same guy, acting the same way, could be called either side of each of those by different women. To me that's just life, you can accept that and work through it, or you can throw a hissy fit and get your feelings hurt that there isn't 1 standard for everyone.

Very interesting.

It's not that there isn't one standard for everyone; it's that there are multiple, contradictory standards and you're supposed to live up to all of them.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I wish he was more sensitive/He's TOO sensitive, it's like dating a girl

I want a guy who's fun and carefree/Ughhh he's so irresponsible

I want a guy who's confident and assertive/Ughhh he's a cocky jerk

I want a guy whose aggressive and manly/Ummm...dating Chris Brown was definitely a bad idea

The same guy, acting the same way, could be called either side of each of those by different women. To me that's just life, you can accept that and work through it, or you can throw a hissy fit and get your feelings hurt that there isn't 1 standard for everyone.

Very interesting.

It's not that there isn't one standard for everyone; it's that there are multiple, contradictory standards and you're supposed to live up to all of them.

Yup life is complicated...

If someone says 'I don't like that look, it's not my style', totally fine with that.

If that same person elaborates with 16 reasons why and how could anyone else possibly disagree with them, then it LOOKS like an attack where none is really warranted (and makes others feel defensive).

[ The sign of intelligence is you are constantly wondering. Idiots are always dead sure about every damn thing they are doing in their life. - Vasudev ]
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
I want to participate in a "mens only" triathlon and do all my training in a "mens only" gym...I can dream can't I?

Really? I don't...but maybe it's just that I'm not into staring at dudes. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never YOUR responsibility if all the conflicting demands on can be blamed on the nameless "they."

NEVER worry about what "they" think of you, expect of you, want from you, unless you can substitute a NAME for the word "they."
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [KAlber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Quote:
I want to participate in a "mens only" triathlon and do all my training in a "mens only" gym...I can dream can't I?

Really? I don't...but maybe it's just that I'm not into staring at dudes. ;)

Either I'm just being a smartass or I'm just sick of being "chicked".Hell,my girlfriend beat me in a cross-country race last weekend which was just shamefull.Mind you she did win the womens race overall at the age of 46 so I'm not going to complain too much about having such a speedy girl aound the house.

Quote Reply

Prev Next