Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [medranom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe impressive and functionally supreme from a performance perspective but I don't feel even the slighetest tingle in my johnson. She is no doubt one of the fittest females in the world and I absolutely respect her dominance in the sport but I have a different ideal for my concept of sexy.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [juliegruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When you think about how devoted she must be to our sport to maintain that.... that is work. For a man, like Macca, not so tough. For any woman= I can only imagine what her training / nutrition must be.

Could you explain, why getting to race weight is not tough for Macca or the other guys? It would be even better if your explanation didn't include the word metabolism.

A caloric deficit is a caloric deficit, no matter what your gender, and to take your training to the brink of your physical limits without adequate calories is extremely hard no matter what gender you are. Your gut, glycogen stores, etc do not care if you are M/F.

-Physiojoe

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking at that ESPN video of Chrissie Wellington sporting a super lean and musculer body, it is no surprise that she is making mince meat out of her women competitors.

Even though I prefer a woman with some meat on her bones, I find chrissie Wellington attractive.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Physiojoe925] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
When you think about how devoted she must be to our sport to maintain that.... that is work. For a man, like Macca, not so tough. For any woman= I can only imagine what her training / nutrition must be.

Could you explain, why getting to race weight is not tough for Macca or the other guys? It would be even better if your explanation didn't include the word metabolism.

A caloric deficit is a caloric deficit, no matter what your gender, and to take your training to the brink of your physical limits without adequate calories is extremely hard no matter what gender you are. Your gut, glycogen stores, etc do not care if you are M/F.

-Physiojoe

Joe,

Evolutionary biology has crafted female humans with a hormonal set that really drives them to preserve their fat stores for reproductive purposes......... males not so much. I contend it is much more difficult for females to get them selves extremely lean compared to men. In studies of inexperienced runners training for their first marathon the males dropped tons of weight while the females maintained essentially their exact starting weight. By Slowtwitch standards they had plenty of weight to lose too.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [matthilaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i prefer my women with just a little more meet on their bones

I worked in Mexico with a guy who liked the ahhh.. corn fed womens. He always used to say [in a Mexican accent] "The meat is for the man, the bone is for the dog!". LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Fittrigal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank goodness there are no mixed messages or double standards in life applied to men. Whew.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Hottest Female Athlete in the world!!"
--------------------
I tend to agree. Of course, I think her personality adds to her hotness - that and her physique is stikingly similar to that of my lovely bride!

Photo of the two together here:
[URL=http://daviddaggett.wordpress.com/...icators-for-success/][/url]
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/...75540051394317tOCgTV][/url]

You mean the one on the right or left? Personally, the one on the left is MUCH more attractive, in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/...75540051394317tOCgTV][/url][/reply]
David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think the "wrong" part is that it often feels like this double standard and you're never, ever good enough.

And that is exclusive to women?
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HER BODY IS BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE OF WHAT IT DOES, NOT HOW IT LOOKS.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [medranom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello medranom and All,

Ahh, the beauty of the female body ..... discussed endlessly through the ages ................

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_body_shape

The British Association of Model Agents (AMA) says that female models should be around 34-24-34 in (86-60-86 cm) and at least 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m) tall.[2]

As the late Clive McCay would point out .... Chrissy is doing herself a very big favor by being very thin and it will serve her well by extending her maximum life span, (not that she thinks much about that now - but may later in life) and it greatly improves resistance to cancer and other diseases, and it increases her 'livelyness' or activity level compared to other females with more body fat.

That said she needs to be sure and monitor her other body functions as caloric restriction can suppress her estrogen levels and cause calcium deficits in her bones.

Soon there will be drugs that will allow more body mass but mimic the effects of caloric restriction.

Comments derived from 'The Youth Pill' by David Stipp:

In Aug of 2004 a startup, Sirtris, with $5M in venture capital, gained attention with positive research results for resveratrol (and mimetics) that demonstrated the effects of caloric restriction such as rejuvenation of mammal's mitochondria, (becuse decay of cellular power stations had been implicated in diseases of aging), treating diabetes and neural degeneration. Sitris was purchased in Apr of 2008 by GlaxoSmithKline, a pharma, for $720M.

http://www.childbirthconnection.org/article.asp?ck=10298
Why is my weight a consideration for getting pregnant?

A healthy body weight promotes general health and reduces the likelihood of developing heart disease, some cancers, and diabetes. Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight is making an investment in your health, your pregnancy health, the health of your future baby, and the well-being of your growing family.

Weight can affect a woman's fertility. Studies have shown that a woman's ability to become pregnant may be severely compromised by two weight-related extremes: excessive thinness and excessive obesity.

Once you do get pregnant, your weight can affect the baby. Underweight women often have smaller babies. Infants with low birthweight (weigh 2500 grams/5-1/2 pounds or less) are at a greater risk of death within the first month of life, as well as increased risk for developmental disabilities and illness throughout their life.

http://www.goldsea.com/...s/Beauty/beauty.html

Evolutionary psychologists have concluded that humans have an innate attraction to beautiful people. Various studies have produced some obvious conclusions: that lateral symmetry and a healthy appearance rate high on universal concepts of beauty. Another universal seems to be the waist-to-hip ratio in women which converges around .7 (e.g. 36-25-36).

One of the most important, however, is a study conducted by Judith Langlois of the University of Texas. It suggests that even 3- to 6-month old babies who haven't been media-conditioned show a distinct preference for faces that conform to a narrow range of facial proportions. Interestingly, these proportions vary little across racial lines. They are uniform enough to have allowed a company called MBA to derive blueprints showing the proportions and angles that make up ideal beauty.

To help ensure that our species survives and continues up the evolutionary ladder, we are genetically coded to be drawn to people who possess traits suggesting health and strong survival and reproductive abilities. These include wideset eyes, high cheekbones, large eyes, full lips, clear light skin, a short nose and a relatively small lower face. The majority happen to be traits that Asian women are more likely to possess than women of other races.

(While I do have a beautiful wife - she is not Asian - those are the thoughts of the author of the article above.)

Cheers,

Neal

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [twinracer2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I haven't done the research, but I would be willing to wage my salary that the majority of people that are now into athletics started it to improve their body image.

I like to think I represent the demographic you are refering to.

As their representative I would like to tell you I started into athletics for the Fun and comradary!

Do you want to Paypal that money or just send me a check in the mail?

Dude, I can't wait to meet you in Clearwater, you should be really easy to pick out of the crowd, the athlete with the giant head. That is an amazing ego to consider yourself the majority and the sole respresentative for millions.

I will be the guy right in front of you at the finish line!!

(Sorry, way off topic, just felt like handing out a little smack talk.)
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think the "wrong" part is that it often feels like this double standard and you're never, ever good enough.

I did not say it was. But the thread is about a women's body.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I haven't done the research, but I would be willing to wage my salary that the majority of people that are now into athletics started it to improve their body image.

I like to think I represent the demographic you are refering to.

As their representative I would like to tell you I started into athletics for the Fun and comradary!

Do you want to Paypal that money or just send me a check in the mail?

Dude, I can't wait to meet you in Clearwater, you should be really easy to pick out of the crowd, the athlete with the giant head. That is an amazing ego to consider yourself the majority and the sole respresentative for millions.

I will be the guy right in front of you at the finish line!!

(Sorry, way off topic, just felt like handing out a little smack talk.)

just be thankfull for the HUGE draft i am going to give you on the bike that will allow you to reighn supreme during your run!

thanks me when you are on the podium and all will be fine.

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [AndrewSaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thank goodness there are no mixed messages or double standards in life applied to men. Whew.

-Andrew Saar

Guys so rarely talk about the pressures they feel from the media etc about their bodies --- it seems not as "Accepted" as when we chicks whine about it. So if you want it to be fair, explain. What do you feel the double standards and mixed messages are for men?

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I did not say it was. But the thread is about a women's body.

Really? I thought it was about an athletes body.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hottest Female Athlete in the world!!

Chrissie is "The Shit!!"

Come on, have you already forgotten Natascha Badman?

Frank

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.
Last edited by: Bavarian_Frank: Oct 27, 10 14:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fine. Tell me about the double standards men feel. (I am not being sarcastic; I know they exist; y'all just don't talk about them)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Fine. Tell me about the double standards men feel. (I am not being sarcastic; I know they exist; y'all just don't talk about them)

I want to participate in a "mens only" triathlon and do all my training in a "mens only" gym...I can dream can't I?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish he was more sensitive/He's TOO sensitive, it's like dating a girl

I want a guy who's fun and carefree/Ughhh he's so irresponsible

I want a guy who's confident and assertive/Ughhh he's a cocky jerk

I want a guy whose aggressive and manly/Ummm...dating Chris Brown was definitely a bad idea

The same guy, acting the same way, could be called either side of each of those by different women. To me that's just life, you can accept that and work through it, or you can throw a hissy fit and get your feelings hurt that there isn't 1 standard for everyone.

-Andrew Saar
It is better to do the right thing and be paid poorly,
than to do the wrong thing and be rewarded richly.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Bavarian_Frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw Natascha at O'side 70.3 years ago. Let me tell you, she is an impressive looking woman. I've never seen Chrissie in person but I'll bet she kicks ass. Chrissie is Mojo's favorite athlete in the world. The word "Awesome" in the dictionary only needs Chrissies picture.....no words are neccesessary. She's the Female combo interpretation of Chuck Norris and Dos Equis "most interesting man in the world"

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Last edited by: Mojozenmaster: Oct 27, 10 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [AndrewSaar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think she's rockin. And I'm pumped for her that she got on ESPN.com (no offense Dan but ESPN is some BIG media exposure!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth...I used to be 200 lbs when I lifted weights. In the past 1.5 years since I have started triathlons, I plummeted to 173 lbs. My girlfriend (mother, and other female friends) HATE it...and they are all very vocal about it..

BUT...I don't care. I am convinced that women are just as superficial. We all have our likes and dislikes.

-Alex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
- Hair loss products
- Enlarge you penis ads (of course they don't bother me but other guys....)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

-Andrew Saar

Guys so rarely talk about the pressures they feel from the media etc about their bodies --- it seems not as "Accepted" as when we chicks whine about it. So if you want it to be fair, explain. What do you feel the double standards and mixed messages are for men?

LOL, yeah, skinny armed big quads guys are looked at with envy at the gym!!! And going to the bar, yeah, the guys with the gut and comb over get all the chicks.

I went for my usuall run at lunch time. This means going to the gym near my work, changing, and then going outside for my run, then coming back into the gym after the run and taking a shower and leaving. There are usually about 100 people, 75% men, working out at any given time. As I have to walk across the entire gym to get to the lockers, I am stared at. Not in envy, but as the "freak" because I have run gear on, I'm soaking in sweat, and I'm not built like he-man.

Remember Charles Atlas and the ad in every comic book with the sand being kicked in the face of the "skinny" kid? Or how about every "mens" magazine for "fitness". Any of those guys look skinny or over-fat? Nope, all toned, hairless, muscular (ok, that sounded very odd). Besides Paul Giamante, Danny Devito, and Jason Alexander, how many other actors are not cookie-cutter?

My wife gives me crap everyday about my weight and diminishing pants size. She loves to go through the family clothes and hold up my 3 year olds t-shirts and ask loudly if the shirt is Williams or Daddy's.

So please, it's not one-sided. Just because some don't complain about it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Quote Reply

Prev Next