Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [medranom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
super hot. Chrissie if you have trouble getting laid and I'm sure you don't, I'll ask my wife if I can help. Probably a 1 in a million chance but THATS A CHANCE!

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For the Medical/Ex Phys people, does an extremely low body fat % contribute to a suppressed immune system which could lead to getting the flu when stressed? Not that the week leading up to defending your Ironman title is stressful...

It's a fine line.Body comp plays a lot of factors in health. Think of English Channel swimmers. They need to put on body fat to withstand the cold temperatures of the water for long periods of time. However, carrying the extra pounds when not in water has potential for problems and injuries.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Hottest Female Athlete in the world!!"
--------------------
I tend to agree. Of course, I think her personality adds to her hotness - that and her physique is stikingly similar to that of my lovely bride!

Photo of the two together here:
[URL=http://daviddaggett.wordpress.com/...icators-for-success/][/url]
[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/...75540051394317tOCgTV][/url]

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Oct 27, 10 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Getting a mixed message. Eating is cheating. Thin to win. Slowtwitch hates fatties. Fat is bad. If someone suggests you have an eating disorder that is a compliment. But wait! Skinny is not sexy. Women should be sexy. So train hard, eat only when absolutely necessary, race to win but please try to look attractive.

Very nicely said.

Ok, but is there something wrong with this statement/sentiment? It's the balance of lifesport. The only thing wrong with the above statement is that it is NOT a mixed message and not just "Women should be sexy".

I haven't done the research, but I would be willing to wage my salary that the majority of people that are now into athletics started it to improve their body image.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the "wrong" part is that it often feels like this double standard and you're never, ever good enough.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
exactly

the solution of course is to do whatever the hell you want and the rest of the world can go to hell

In Reply To:
I think the "wrong" part is that it often feels like this double standard and you're never, ever good enough.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
two immediate thoughts:

1) she looks remarkably fit - and i find that attractive. have always liked athletic women. more importantly - since it doesn't particularly matter what i find hot - i admire the hell out of the athletism. like others have said, that body's the result of a whole ton of hard work. (though i take exception to the suggestion that it "comes easy" to macca. . . or any other guy.)

2) my second thought is maybe not so nice, but it's started going through my mind at races. frankly, i see a whole lot of people at tris (women especially, to be honest) who look hugely fit but none too healthy. old before their time, strained, creased, blotchy . . . it's not about 'hotness,' it's about fit 40-year-olds who look 60. i've spent some parts of my athletic career straddling the line between being fit and being healthy, and i do wonder sometimes about others . . .

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of 40 year olds- Dara Torres is smokin' hot and I would vote for her as one of the hottest female athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some people need to have their glasses prescriptions updated. Just sayin'.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [techknowgn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When it comes to Chrissie, her smile, her hair, her eyes and face are tough to beat....The best part is her personality though.

Bingo. Probably the best smile in the business.

You know that ad on the back of Triathlete? "The most beautiful women...pinned to their bellies"? EPIC. I'd hang that in my office if it wouldn't distract me all day. My wife says that she's ok with Chrissie being on my top 10 list. *wink*.

Punching cockroaches from day 1.
http://www.tri-junkie.com/
Last edited by: Hounddog: Oct 27, 10 6:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
two immediate thoughts:

2) my second thought is maybe not so nice, but it's started going through my mind at races. frankly, i see a whole lot of people at tris (women especially, to be honest) who look hugely fit but none too healthy. old before their time, strained, creased, blotchy . . . it's not about 'hotness,' it's about fit 40-year-olds who look 60. i've spent some parts of my athletic career straddling the line between being fit and being healthy, and i do wonder sometimes about others . . .

-mike

I've noticed that too. Seems like a lot are spending too much time outside without using any sunblock. Add that too a very low body fat, and some of them look much older in the face than they truly are.

In Reply To:
I haven't done the research, but I would be willing to wage my salary that the majority of people that are now into athletics started it to improve their body image.

I like to think I represent the demographic you are refering to.

As their representative I would like to tell you I started into athletics for the Fun and comradary!

Do you want to Paypal that money or just send me a check in the mail?

Tim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Getting a mixed message. Eating is cheating. Thin to win. Slowtwitch hates fatties. Fat is bad. If someone suggests you have an eating disorder that is a compliment. But wait! Skinny is not sexy. Women should be sexy. So train hard, eat only when absolutely necessary, race to win but please try to look attractive.

Very nicely said.

You expect rational thought when guys talk about women?

Anyway, people are confusing 2 types of beauty. From a triathlon aesthetics perspective, Chrissie is near perfect and therefore beautiful.

From "woman as object" perspective, whatever makes ones boat float and therefore a meaningless discussion.

Its always seemed to me that the more specific guys are about the perfect woman, the more time is spend surfing the net, and less time actually meeting women.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aieeee! Too many veins!!! Muscle/tone/definition is good. Not fat is good. But that's just not attractive. Too ropy, too veiny, too skinny.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schwinggg!
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [notareo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And think, "the camera adds 10 pounds". Her personality and performance is what makes her attractive; her appearance is just a result of that, plus genetics.

Straightenin' the curves; Flattenin' the hills
------------------------------------------------------------
Coached by Mike Plumb @ TriPower MultiSports
https://www.strava.com/athletes/1149072 - https://www.instagram.com/thoswoods/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beautiful, in the sense that function follows form. Very cute face, awesomely sculpted body for her sport, very attractive.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

This is especially true for Ironman races. It definitely favors a lean body type, to the point that many people wouldn't consider it "attractive". That goes for men and women. Look at the Kona pictures...Macca and Raelert are so sinewy that their chests almost look concave. Amazing, amazing fitness though. In general, I find shorter distance triathletes (again, men and women) to be more "attractive" than those that race Ironman. ITU racers have a bit more muscle, a bit more fat, and a bit less skin damage.

Anyways, I think we all know that fitness and looking good are not necessarily the same thing. Function over form for us. Otherwise we'd all be adding some free weights to our routines and not eschewing all forms of upper body strength:).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Realizing that most women may take offense to a lot of these comments, I would like to point out that the majority of women don't find pencil thin men that appealing either. In reality, to be an elite triathlete, most men & women are going top look enemic and the enemic look is just not that hot to most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, I think she looks good. I doubt you could keep that low of BF all year though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd hit it.
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [jacknine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

In Reply To:
In Reply To:Getting a mixed message. Eating is cheating. Thin to win. Slowtwitch hates fatties. Fat is bad. If someone suggests you have an eating disorder that is a compliment. But wait! Skinny is not sexy. Women should be sexy. So train hard, eat only when absolutely necessary, race to win but please try to look attractive.

Very nicely said.
You expect rational thought when guys talk about women?

Anyway, people are confusing 2 types of beauty. From a triathlon aesthetics perspective, Chrissie is near perfect and therefore beautiful.

From "woman as object" perspective, whatever makes ones boat float and therefore a meaningless discussion.

Its always seemed to me that the more specific guys are about the perfect woman, the more time is spend surfing the net, and less time actually meeting women.

Also very well stated. No, we don't expect you to think rationally when it comes to thinking about all of us beautiful creatures ;-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Chrissie Wellington's body on ESPN :O [LuckyMe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'd hit it.
Ick.

Quote | Reply
Right, elite IMers are at one way extreme end of the 'fit/form' spectrum, just like someone else mentioned the elite grand tour climbers... it's essentially just math & physics that there aren't any curvy chicks or buff dudes at that level in those sports. But that doesn't mean you can't be an elite athlete in shorter more explosive events and look a little healthier and way hotter IMO. I likes me some Lolo Jones, for example. I'm sure CW is super cool and obviously the best at what she does and all, but just to look at? Bleh.
Quote Reply

Prev Next