Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Acer Aspire One netbook computer $149
Quote | Reply
I think I have too many computers (I quit counting after a dozen or so) so I am thinning out the herd a little bit. This one is an Acer Aspire One netbook, one of my favorites because it's very small and light at 2.19 lbs, it would be an excellent choice for the anti weight training crowd :-). It also boots up faster than any other computer I have. Below are some crappy cell phone pictures of it. It's in good condition, and I've never had any trouble with it. It came with a netbook specific OS (Linpus Linux) and I have hacked that a bit to make it look and work more like a regular computer. But if you want it the way it shipped, I have the recovery DVD and will put it back like it was from the factory.

Specs are:
Model AOA 110-1722
Intel Atom processor N270
8.9" CrystalBrite WSVGA screen
512MB DDR2 RAM
8GB SSD
Multi in 1 card reader
10/100 base T LAN
802.11 b/g Wireless
Linux

Comes with the original box, manual, recovery disc, AC adapter, and protective sleeve.
$149 + actual shipping cost
Last edited by: 2wheels: Feb 10, 10 14:39
Quote Reply
Re: Acer Aspire One netbook computer $149 [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the Acer netbook still available?

Don't be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin. Grace Hansen
Quote Reply
Re: Acer Aspire One netbook computer $149 [One-K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, still available.
Quote Reply
Re: Acer Aspire One netbook computer $149 [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very interested, but a few questions...

1) USB Port?
2) Could the Polar software be run on it?
3) Compatibility with Windows/Mac programs?

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: Acer Aspire One netbook computer $149 [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USB port yes, but since it runs Linux I 'assume' that the Polar software will not run on it. There is a lot of Linux software available (free, mostly too!) but the programs have to be written for Linux.
Quote Reply