Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: First ride with a new group [jyeager] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that as well, until I moved in the vacinity of Inside Out Sports. They're a huge tri store with a presence at a lot of IM and 70.3 races, and have some killer group rides. But a lot of people will come on tri bikes and some with race wheels and discs! I had never imagined a paceline with tribikes before, but I've seen 'em now! With the right riders, it appears to work. I still bring my road bike though.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Re: First ride with a new group [Tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats what I thought going into the ride its only 24 miles even if it were a 50 miler. I knew I could hang at the 23 mph average mark. With drafting and all no problem. They did give a little dash to the finish at the end . About a football field or two long. I let them go ,figured if they have been riding together for a while it was a thing these guys been doing for a while. Did not want to intrude. But because I am a little cocky can I tell ya I could have sprinted with them if needed. Also new the route they did and new when to hammer and when not to. Did come unclipped once over a RR track and fell behind about a football field but quickly caught back up.

Re: First ride with a new group [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steel is real. Ride the Atala, and don't forget the wool jersey, the toe clips, and the Cinelli hairnet. It's shocking how fast you can go in old gear.
Quote Reply
Re: First ride with a new group [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that's a lot of brain damage for one ride... confirms why I train alone.
Quote Reply

Prev Next