Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [wakesurfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wakesurfer wrote:
SurfingLamb wrote:
warwicke36 wrote:
So there is definitely a horse connection here. From here other blog. http://hesseltime.com/?p=1089

Quote:
And I’m pretty sure if I got that close to a horse, it would bite my face off. Not try to make out with me. But I went over to one anyway and tried my luck.

So she tries to make out with horses. Mr. Ed look out, she'll try and make out with you and then claim rape. At least she likes her own kind. Actually take that back, I have never met a horse I despised as much as her.

She has the face of a horse and the personality of it's ass.

YOu see?!?!? I TOLD YOU!

Even poor nugget had to turn his head.

What the? She could pay the cost for Cavalia (apparently, including a "meet the performers" pass), but couldn't dish out the entry fee for the 13.1? Cavalia wasn't cheap. I am outraged!
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [clairec2007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
clairec2007 wrote:
From Mark Remy's page, http://www.runnersworld.com/...from-a-running-store

He even has the lip pucker face

He might be the first, then

Well, that's not true ... My neighbor does one every time he goes to IHOP or Golden Corral or Friendly's or ...

It's rather disgusting, actually

My apologies

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her response says she's already registered for the same race in 2015...
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [steelrain66] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steelrain66 wrote:

That's what SHE thinks ... after being so ballsy about banditting, I wouldn't be surprised if that registration gets fucked up somehow

Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [alexxm21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexxm21 wrote:
This thread was uncomfortably sexist from the start and has descended into pure misogyny.

+1

Honestly, sometimes ST really does come across as a community of misogynistic sociopaths.
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [jonahsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonahsdad wrote:
I will admit i proudly bandited and blogged before. Friend was awarded a trip to a large half marathon in chicago put on by the "Penguin" guy. Penguin guy backed out and wouln't pay for the trip my friend won. I bandited in show of solidarity. Proudly blogged about it afterwards. Not saying what i did was appropriate but no regrets here.

However, banditing under normal circumstances is absolutely pathetic.

The display of comparative morality here is staggering.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [Hookflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't agree. I'm a woman and I don't feel hated on this forum. I actually receive great advice on the forum. The forum makes me think and it's a place to test my ideas.

Humor is an excellent tool to make a point and that is what I see here.

As a bandit, she should have kept it quiet. I think this defines her actions: "a person who takes unfair advantage of others." She took advantage of everyone involved in the race, which includes fellow racers, and bragged about it.

The outrage on this bandit issue is in support of an industry. If everyone/racers chose to be a bandit, we wouldn't have races to participate in. I agree with the outrage here.
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBeer wrote:
I don't agree. I'm a woman and I don't feel hated on this forum. I actually receive great advice on the forum. The forum makes me think and it's a place to test my ideas.

Humor is an excellent tool to make a point and that is what I see here.

As a bandit, she should have kept it quiet. I think this defines her actions: "a person who takes unfair advantage of others." She took advantage of everyone involved in the race, which includes fellow racers, and bragged about it.

The outrage on this bandit issue is in support of an industry. If everyone/racers chose to be a bandit, we wouldn't have races to participate in. I agree with the outrage here.

I digg it. Someone who doesn't take themselves so seriously that they can't find the humor in humorous things.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Last edited by: warwicke36: Apr 4, 14 8:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
steelrain66 wrote:

http://wittyandpretty.com/...m-the-selfie-bandit/

AND ... She DID make a donation to GotR, to the tune of $200

I don't think this gets her off the hook, though

Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She took the pic and then threw the check in the shredder...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
steelrain66 wrote:
She took the pic and then threw the check in the shredder...

Seriously, who writes checks anymore?

OK, I do ... once per week for Church, but ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have competed in over 100 races. I have been a volunteer less than twice. I feel guilty about this. Very guilty- when I think of all the cheap, high quality races my local running and cycling clubs have put on. Less guilty- when I think about the expensive for profit races put on by WTC.

It would be very wrong of me to bandit any race. But worse to bandit a cheap race that is subsidized by volunteers. That is stealing from both the organizer and the public. Not as bad to bandit a WTC race. There you are only stealing from WTC. WTC is cheating the volunteers. Ironically, it is probably much easier to bandit small local races.
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link to the parody on Runners' World. Loved it. That guy is hilarious.
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [karencoutts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully this is the final word on this - directly from the Race Directors, Race Director, Boston Marathon RD, Dave MacGillivary:

http://www.runnersworld.com/...y-banditing-is-wrong

Thanks, Dave!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [clairec2007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "Get Yourself Off" selfie.

Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From her how to eat cupcakes video. The "Mmmm, I like balls" selfie.

Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dirtymangos wrote:
I have competed in over 100 races. I have been a volunteer less than twice. I feel guilty about this. Very guilty- when I think of all the cheap, high quality races my local running and cycling clubs have put on. Less guilty- when I think about the expensive for profit races put on by WTC.

It would be very wrong of me to bandit any race. But worse to bandit a cheap race that is subsidized by volunteers. That is stealing from both the organizer and the public. Not as bad to bandit a WTC race. There you are only stealing from WTC. WTC is cheating the volunteers. Ironically, it is probably much easier to bandit small local races.

This may be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Slowtwitch. There is so much wrong with this logic that it's difficult to know where to even start, so I won't bother.

Spot

Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Race Directors, Race Director, Boston Marathon RD, Dave MacGillivary:

http://www.runnersworld.com/...y-banditing-is-wrong

"Most importantly, we don’t know who these people are so they can pose a security risk, especially with the heightened security measures at road races."
Baloney. This argument against otherwise obnoxious or even illegal things is really bad for our country. Using "security" as a magic reason to stop things you don't like (including things are that are wrong, like banditing) is lame.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [alexxm21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alexxm21 wrote:
This thread was uncomfortably sexist from the start and has descended into pure misogyny.
Ex-Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, it that you?
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Kid Rock has it right in his PSA..."Steal Everything"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpCADfZD-eg

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO banditing a race is stealing. Blogging about it is not only stealing but saying "look I can steal and get away with it". It doesn't matter if people mind of not but the fact that people paid for this race to take advantage of resources, road closures, traffic officers and so on is why races cost money. I know it sounds harsh and I sound like a dick but maybe someone should charge a bandit with larceny. That's what they're doing.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jloewe wrote:
IMO banditing a race is stealing. Blogging about it is not only stealing but saying "look I can steal and get away with it". It doesn't matter if people mind of not but the fact that people paid for this race to take advantage of resources, road closures, traffic officers and so on is why races cost money. I know it sounds harsh and I sound like a dick but maybe someone should charge a bandit with larceny. That's what they're doing.

Not harsh, being honest, not PC, I totally agree with you. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Woman Bandits Race & Blogs About It [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Especially in this case, when you have proof and admission. At the very least it should be theft of services.
Quote Reply

Prev Next