Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [SWoo] [ In reply to ]

SWoo wrote:
Finally he (edit Allen Lim) makes a statement.http://velonews.competitor.com/...landis-doping_261680[/quote[/url]]

Whats does it say that when FL first tested positive Lim was front and center as saying his miracle ride was perfectly plauseable and not indicactive of drug use?

Styrrell

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [styrrell] [ In reply to ]

Just some fresh ammunition for the conspiracy theorists:

http://www.53x12.com/...e=article&id=123

"I do not exclude that we may have met (his riding group and mine) on the roads of the island, but I deny that I had a professional relationship with Armstrong.
The dossier documented payments of Lance Armstrong to Health & Performance SA (a company for which I worked as a consultant) in 2005 and 2006: simply, those are delayed payments for consultancy in previous years."

He is squirming....

And it all had happened before 2006.

Where did I hear that before?

Re: Another Question Only [pick6] [ In reply to ]

pick6 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
pick6 wrote:
Ahillock wrote:
So then why even have a statute of limitations?

it applies to cases without these kinds of special circumstances.

Actually the previous case was about the defendant admitting to doping after his initial cases cleared him, which is why they clean the SOL. I have already told you this and presented the exact words from the case but you chose ignore those facts and now you are purposely using false information.

What Im saying very clearly is that it establishes precedent that they can set aside the SOL in specific situations, this is not the first time. It's for different reasons, but they were clearly able to do so under the standard judicial processes for a case like this that the WADA code does not prohibit them from doing. You can be a strict constructionist about WADA code if you want, but the code was designed specifically to cover the fact that it gets applied in different countries; some of which doping is illegal, some it is not and handled as a sporting issue, like we do here. In either case, they are allowed to follow standard judicial practices in the country the NADA resides in if the code doesn't specify otherwise. When you have a conspiracy a RICO type case is warranted to get the full depth of the conspiracy.

On many issues related to this, I'm willing to listen to the other point of view, but not on this one; WADA has confirmed USADA followed the rules, at least twice on this case. You need to let it go.

Now you change tact. You crack me up.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [windschatten] [ In reply to ]

windschatten wrote:
Just some fresh ammunition for the conspiracy theorists:

http://www.53x12.com/...e=article&id=123

"I do not exclude that we may have met (his riding group and mine) on the roads of the island, but I deny that I had a professional relationship with Armstrong.
The dossier documented payments of Lance Armstrong to Health & Performance SA (a company for which I worked as a consultant) in 2005 and 2006: simply, those are delayed payments for consultancy in previous years."

He is squirming....

And it all had happened before 2006.

Where did I hear that before?

Further, The email communications are all straight up displaying that Lance had an ongoing relationship with Ferrari, even if he suspended it for a short time to keep the heat off.

http://www.220triathlon.com/...and-triathlon-emails

Re: Another Question Only [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

Thank you

Re: Another Question Only [nedbraden] [ In reply to ]

nedbraden wrote:
pick6 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
pick6 wrote:
Ahillock wrote:

Actually the previous case was about the defendant admitting to doping after his initial cases cleared him, which is why they clean the SOL. I have already told you this and presented the exact words from the case but you chose ignore those facts and now you are purposely using false information.

What Im saying very clearly is that it establishes precedent that they can set aside the SOL in specific situations, this is not the first time. It's for different reasons, but they were clearly able to do so under the standard judicial processes for a case like this that the WADA code does not prohibit them from doing. You can be a strict constructionist about WADA code if you want, but the code was designed specifically to cover the fact that it gets applied in different countries; some of which doping is illegal, some it is not and handled as a sporting issue, like we do here. In either case, they are allowed to follow standard judicial practices in the country the NADA resides in if the code doesn't specify otherwise. When you have a conspiracy a RICO type case is warranted to get the full depth of the conspiracy.

On many issues related to this, I'm willing to listen to the other point of view, but not on this one; WADA has confirmed USADA followed the rules, at least twice on this case. You need to let it go.

No, you just kept hammering that it was only because of that very specific wording in that one prior reasoned decision, and maybe I wasnt making myself clear, but that prior case provides precedent that they can suspend SOL, and the WADA code gives them the flexibility to do so.

Regardless of what you think WADA has come down on the side of USADA, that tells us it's within the rules.

Re: A Question Only [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Thank you again for complementing my previous post:

" USADA conducted only a handful of witness interviews in deference to, and out of respect
for, the federal investigation"

Re: A Question Only [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

TriBeer wrote:

" USADA conducted only a handful of witness interviews in deference to, and out of respect

During the federal investigation; once that ended they dove in and interviewed a ton of folks, as you look at the evidence list.

Re: Another Question Only [tranzformer] [ In reply to ]

tranzformer wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
pick6 wrote:
Ahillock wrote:

ned, I am curious to hear your opinion if you don't mind sharing?

Two things that bother me are the disregard for SOL and the reasoning behind it as well as the punishments USADA gave, especially to LL who should have lifetime and the others who should have had 2 years. Not 6 months over the offseason. That smells like a scam to me.

I think LA doped, I think he deserved to get busted. I think this became more about nailing LA then about stopping doping in all sport. I think it has become very hyperbole based. I mean somehow a cyclist doping to win and encouraging his teammates is worse then doping women so much that they are almost men in order to dominate Olympics, worse then throwing a championship of a major sport, breaking hallowed records in major sports. Reading many posts here and other forums you would think LA invented modern doping and put a gun to the heads of most of the riders to make them dope. I think whistle blowers should get lighter sentences, but I think they should not get special privilege. They should have had these lighter bans started immediately, not after they retired or when the season was over so they would miss very little of the season. They should not have had previous doping bans ignored when giving this punishment. That part makes me realize that, when Landis talked about Tygart making it clear that he really just wanted to get Armstrong, Tygart had made this a personal vendetta.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [LoriT] [ In reply to ]

Sorry I missed this question, but I object to the delayed witness testimonies noted in the Reasoned Decision document.

TriBeer wrote:

I think you missed the point entirely....but whatever.

There is a massive amount of hard evidence in the RD....whether it was compiled in a long, exhaustive investigation or one conducted quickly is immaterial.

Questioning the time frame in which the investigation was conducted does not change the validity of the evidence.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Re: Another Question Only [pick6] [ In reply to ]

pick6 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
pick6 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
pick6 wrote:
Ahillock wrote:

No, you just kept hammering that it was only because of that very specific wording in that one prior reasoned decision, and maybe I wasnt making myself clear, but that prior case provides precedent that they can suspend SOL, and the WADA code gives them the flexibility to do so.

Regardless of what you think WADA has come down on the side of USADA, that tells us it's within the rules.

You fought against the actual words of the case tooth and nail in that thread and now you are changing tact. Keep spinning it all you want, but the truth is you will say anything to make sure you still believe the USADA has done nothing wrong in any way, shape or form.

Re: Daniel Coyle tweet [TriBeer] [ In reply to ]

TriBeer wrote:
Sorry I missed this question, but I object to the delayed witness testimonies noted in the Reasoned Decision document.

They were counting on testimony in an arbitration, they didnt collect the formalized depositions until they knew there wasn't going to be an arbitration and until they had collected all of the evidence, as evidence continued to come in even after sanctions were announced.

nedbraden wrote:
I think this became more about nailing LA then about stopping doping in all sport. .

Can we please stop with this canard? Who ever said it was about "stopping doping in all sport"?

Link, please.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

nedbraden wrote:

You fought against the actual words of the case tooth and nail in that thread and now you are changing tact. Keep spinning it all you want, but the truth is you will say anything to make sure you still believe the USADA has done nothing wrong in any way, shape or form.

I fought against your point, i still do. Im not the only one who thinks USADA followed the rules, so does WADA. Have you read the code or explanations of it that discuss why each country has some leeway? Im not your google, and Im done explaining it to you. WADA said straight up they support USADA.
Last edited by: pick6: Oct 16, 12 19:48

Re: A Question Only [Power13] [ In reply to ]

I hardly missed the point. May I quote you: "I have mentioned this many times and it is detailed in the USADA Reasoned Decision.

You make it sound like there were a lot of details and there are not. Also, it's not immaterial about the time used to make USADA's case. It's also not immaterial how that evidence was obtained. I believe a strong-armed approach was used, and obviously, a promise of lighter penalities.

Re: Another Question Only [Power13] [ In reply to ]

Power13, then what is USADA, WADA and all of the other ADA's missions? I seem to think that they are trying to stop doping in all sport, unless of course they are merely trying to catch the biggest fish possible for funding and PR (USADA) or avoiding nailing the big fish (Spain).

Pick6- Keep spinning, it doesn't change the facts about you that I have presented. My point has been made with you and you have backed it up quite well. Feel free to have a last word of more of the same spin and nonsense or move on as I am doing.

Last edited by: TriBeer: Oct 17, 12 7:43

Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
I think this became more about nailing LA then about stopping doping in all sport. .

Can we please stop with this canard? Who ever said it was about "stopping doping in all sport"?

Link, please.

That wasn't hard http://usada.org/

What do you think the USADAs charter is if not to stop doping in sport?

Styrrell

Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

Link, please.

From the front page of the USADA website:

To be the guardian of the values and life lessons learned through true sport. We hold the public trust to:

• Preserve the Integrity of Competition — We preserve the value and integrity of athletic competition through just initiatives that prevent, deter and detect violations of true sport.
  • Inspire True Sport — We inspire present and future generations of U.S. athletes through initiatives that impart the core principles of true sport — fair play, respect for one’s competitor and respect for the fundamental fairness of competition.
  • Protect the Rights of U.S. Athletes — We protect the right of U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes to compete healthy and clean — to achieve their own personal victories as a result of unwavering commitment and hard work — to be celebrated as true heroes.

Care to redact your statement now?

TriBeer wrote:
I hardly missed the point. May I quote you: "
I have mentioned this many times and it is detailed in the USADA Reasoned Decision.

You make it sound like there were a lot of details and there are not. Also, it's not immaterial about the time used to make USADA's case. It's also not immaterial how that evidence was obtained. I believe a strong-armed approach was used, and obviously, a promise of lighter penalities.

There are no strong armed tactics; USADA cannot put anyone in jail; The evidence was obtained completely legally and within WADA code. The Feds didnt provide evidence. I dont understand what your issue is. WADA code specifically allows for reduction of sanction in cases where athletes provide significant evidence; which these guys all did. Im not 100% comfortable with Levi not getting a longer ban, but that may have something to do with how his original positive occurred I'm comfortable with everyone else getting them though, because they didn't just testifying against lance; they testified against themselves, each other and the team hierarchy. I have problems when someone testifies against someone else and gets immunity without owning up to their mistakes. They also provided information on doping techniques and process, some of which USADA had no idea about.

Re: Another Question Only [styrrell] [ In reply to ]

styrrell wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

Link, please.

That wasn't hard http://usada.org/

What do you think the USADAs charter is if not to stop doping in sport?

I never said that was not USADA's charter....what I said that this one particular case was never presented as the case which would stop "doping in all of sport."

If anyone can show me where anyone made that claim, I will gladly retract my statement. "Yep as soon as we bust LA, that will stop doping in all of sport."

nedbraden wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

Link, please.

To be the guardian of the values and life lessons learned through true sport. We hold the public trust to:

• Preserve the Integrity of Competition — We preserve the value and integrity of athletic competition through just initiatives that prevent, deter and detect violations of true sport.
  • Inspire True Sport — We inspire present and future generations of U.S. athletes through initiatives that impart the core principles of true sport — fair play, respect for one’s competitor and respect for the fundamental fairness of competition.
  • Protect the Rights of U.S. Athletes — We protect the right of U.S. Olympic and Paralympic athletes to compete healthy and clean — to achieve their own personal victories as a result of unwavering commitment and hard work — to be celebrated as true heroes.

No, because nowhere does it say "If we get LA, we stop doping in all of sport."

Again, lemme know who said that.

TriBeer wrote:
I hardly missed the point. May I quote you: "I have mentioned this many times and it is detailed in the USADA Reasoned Decision.

Where did I say it was immaterial how evidence was gathered? I said the time frame in which the evidence was gathered is immaterial.

But I'm sure you are right....USADA used strong armed tactics to bully 26 witnesses to make false statements under oath. Should then be a piece of cake for LA to counter that evidence and prove his innocence.

Lemme know how that goes.

Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:
Power13 wrote:
nedbraden wrote:

Link, please.

No, because nowhere does it say "If we get LA, we stop doping in all of sport."

Again, lemme know who said that.

How about you let me know where I said anything like the point in bold. I'll take the high road and just say you simply messed up comprehending what I said. Now that you know I did not say anything like that feel free to apologize.

Prev Next