Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Question Only [AmaDablam] [ In reply to ]

AmaDablam wrote:
The only thing he is sorry about is lying when he was caught.

he may not have lied....

events that are alleged to have occured are paying cash to crash rival riders, Landis's hot test, Tyler's hot test, most all ex-USPS rider's hot tests, and the "poisoning" of Frank Schleck.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: A Question Only [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

BLeP wrote:
You are right about people changing their opinions Francois, I certainly have over the past 6 months. However, I would still support Livestrong. Regardless of Lances bad deeds, this foundation is still important.

I wouldn't have a problem wearing a Livestrong bracelet and I wouldn't have a problem donating to Livestrong.

I think that the vast majority of Livestrong contributors will feel the same way.

so in essence you have no problem giving into a dopers piggy bank (i.e. Livestrong and Lance are one and the same and Livestrong funds appear to have gone to fight his doping battles)

There are plenty of other cancer organizations that could use the funding that don't pay for top end lawyers, private jets, etc...

Post deleted by gregf83 [ In reply to ]
Re: A Question Only [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]

General question:

What lawsuits/legal issues could LA face now?

Potentially:
- Sunday Times/Walsh
- SCA Promotions (I realise there was not a no-doping clause in the insurance contract, BUT if he's stripped of the titles, then presumably he would no longer be eligible for the win bonus, so they could sue to get it back, plus legal costs...)
- Dallas DA may have some issues with him perjuring himself in that trial (remember Marion Jones did 6 months in jail for perjury)

Some of the lawsuits (SCA probably) would only come after the UCI decision, assuming the UCI agrees with USADA, but others could come sooner.

Thoughts?

Re: A Question Only [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]

SCA I think has a good shot.

They clearly thought at the time he was not clean, can't say for sure, but I think rumors had been floating about the failed 2001 test, and while there was no proof at the time, perhaps the SCA thought they could either find something, or with the delay something would come out.

If UCI upholds USADA then SCA would deserve to be repaid, plus interest.

One could also argue that even if UCI does not strip any of the 01 - 04 titles, that SCA may still have a case because the SCA can claim that the UCI is acting inappropriately, knew of the doping, allowed the doping and received $100K+ to keep quiet and was not supporting USADA because of potential blow back from Lance.

It really brings the $100K+ donation into question, basically Lance stood to secure potentially $5M by shutting up UCI, thereby creating fraud. While at the time there was nothing to say he would win in future years, but that failed test would have terminated the SCA insured bonus.

To me that 2001 payment looms HUGE and basically establishes deceit and potential insurance fraud of $5M, since SCA basically wrote insurance on freak high payout contests like hole-in-one contests etc.

The funny thing is... Had Lance and the team stayed clean, they probably would all be on the podiums today, and Dopestrong could still have 7 titles.

Re: A Question Only [Maui5150] [ In reply to ]

so in essence you have no problem giving into a dopers piggy bank (i.e. Livestrong and Lance are one and the same and Livestrong funds appear to have gone to fight his doping battles)

There are plenty of other cancer organizations that could use the funding that don't pay for top end lawyers, private jets, etc...

This is kind of where I'm at now...been wearing a Livestrong bracelet since they came out in 2004, primarily in honor of my late father but also as an acknowledgement to LA, his story and the foundation itself.

As of a few days ago, I no longer wear that bracelet. And I'll donate to the American Cancer Society from this point forward...

Re: A Question Only [Francois] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
Every single confession, aside from Tyler's, is lame.

without Floyd, would there have been tyler? Heck, even Ashended (sp.?) didn't know how they micro-dosed. only 1/2 way through Tylers book, but pretty compelling thus far.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]

Bump. Wouldn't want this atrocity to fall too far down page 1.

Ferrari [ In reply to ]

It would be kind of fun if someone were to walk past Ferrari in Italy, and say to him.... Hello SSSchumi (insert the Seinfeld to Newman tone).

Re: A Question Only [CW in NH] [ In reply to ]

CW in NH wrote:
Quote:
Every single confession, aside from Tyler's, is lame.

without Floyd, would there have been tyler? Heck, even Ashended (sp.?) didn't know how they micro-dosed. only 1/2 way through Tylers book, but pretty compelling thus far.
zabriskie's was tough to read, i thought his was quite compelling.

Re: A Question Only [pick6] [ In reply to ]

Honestly, all of the affidavits just affirm the Hamilton meme. But Floyd is proving to be the Canseco of this whole deal. He was the one that really blew things open. Looking forward to the reminder of The Secret Race...

Re: [ In reply to ]

Re: [KoNP] [ In reply to ]

"She was left shaken by a chilling voicemail threatening to 'break a baseball bat' over her head which was among a series of voicemails and emails from friends and associates of Armstrong, seething over what they saw as an act of betrayal from within."

"'He's the chameleon. He will be what he wants you to see. If he wants you to be intimidated, he'll be the bully; if he wants you to believe his lie, he'll charm the hell out of you."

"When Betsy Andreu refused to sign a statement in support of Armstrong and discrediting Walsh, the seven-time Tour de France winner began a media smear campaign, painting Andreu as 'bitter' and 'vindictive' and 'jealous', even describing the slim, attractive brunette as 'ugly and homely'."

"For almost a decade, Andreu was one of a handful who spoke against Armstrong. His former physical therapist Emma O'Reilly was another, subsequently labelled a 'prostitute' and an 'alcoholic' by Armstrong."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2217361/Betsy-Andreu-reveals-intimidation-Lance-Armstrong.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I think it is this kind of stuff that could ultimately turn the general public against LA - if they bother to read it.

http://www.bobswims.com/

"If you didn't swallow water in your last open water race, you weren't racing"

Re: [E=H2O] [ In reply to ]

High functioning sociopath

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”

Re: A Question Only [FJB] [ In reply to ]

FJB wrote:
I could name some other non-American sports and certain countries which had or still have problems with drugs in sports.

Yeah but could you name a single sport or country free of drugs in sports?

that is a tough one, lets say Pitcairn island id PED free? But really I think some sports don't lend themselves so well to PEDs. Like say golf which requires a lot of technique, a calming drug may help but i doubt it and it is a bigger money making sport than cycling. To me cycling is very prone to PED use, because the benefit is always going to show in results. PED use in say olympic triathlon is less usefull than say ironman distance I would say.
Some countries have histories of very high PED use like the eastern block countries before the wall come down. But there are others also.
I am dissapointed in the extent of the now proven allegations against LA but I don't see him as a reflection of USA sports people. He is a reflection of professional cycling and as the top benefactor of it, the public, sponsors, fans, cyclists etc need to know the truth.

G.

http://www.TriathlonShots.com
Full event coverage of triathlon/ironman in photos.

Last edited by: triathlonshots: Oct 14, 12 1:42

Re: A Question Only [triathlonshots] [ In reply to ]

" PED use in say olympic triathlon is less usefull than say ironman distance I would say."

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. It makes me think you don't really understand doping, particularly blood related vectors.

Re: A Question Only [triathlonshots] [ In reply to ]

triathlonshots wrote:
FJB wrote:
I could name some other non-American sports and certain countries which had or still have problems with drugs in sports.

Yeah but could you name a single sport or country free of drugs in sports?

that is a tough one, lets say Pitcairn island id PED free? But really I think some sports don't lend themselves so well to PEDs. Like say golf which requires a lot of technique, a calming drug may help but i doubt it and it is a bigger money making sport than cycling. To me cycling is very prone to PED use, because the benefit is always going to show in results. PED use in say olympic triathlon is less usefull than say ironman distance I would say.
Some countries have histories of very high PED use like the eastern block countries before the wall come down. But there are others also.
I am dissapointed in the extent of the now proven allegations against LA but I don't see him as a reflection of USA sports people. He is a reflection of professional cycling and as the top benefactor of it, the public, sponsors, fans, cyclists etc need to know the truth.

G.

I think your head might be in the sand on this. American athletes have huge pressure to succeed. They have access to basically any drug. Track and field, football, baseball.....Americans are leaders in the innovative world of PEDs

Re: A Question Only [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]

I would say that it has the same utility but the cost of NOT doing it would be greater over 8 hours vs. 1:45.

TriBriGuy wrote:
" PED use in say olympic triathlon is less usefull than say ironman distance I would say."

I don't understand how you came to that conclusion. It makes me think you don't really understand doping, particularly blood related vectors.

Re: A Question Only [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

Quote:
I would say that it has the same utility but the cost of NOT doing it would be greater over 8 hours vs. 1:45.

TriBriGuy wrote:

I'd say it is the opposite, more benefit on shorter duration events

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [mattreg3] [ In reply to ]

The Lance PR campaign continues....

http://velonews.competitor.com/...s-do-likewise_261399

So he'll take a lie detector test, but only if all 26 witnesses agree to do so as well. Convenient.

Psssst....hey Lance! Your test results will be the same no matter if anyone else agrees to it. You wanna take a lie detector test, knock your socks off.

You had the chance to defend yourself.....you passed. You don't get to now come up with some bullschitt lie detector idea to get people to play according to "your" rules.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]

So let me get this straight? He only wants to clear his name if he can show that the other 26 (26 freaking witnesses) lied? If he wants to take the test, take the freaking test. Yawn, at this Lance tactic that will fail once again.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]

first of all, lie detectors are pseudo-science... but I'd be interested in anything in the literature that speaks to a sociopath's abilities to pass one when lying vs. a normal person's. Could be why he wants all the rest to take one too, although I don't understand the logic.

I'm starting to wonder if #7 really really thinks he's innocent.

I also wonder if that Hermann guy knows how stupid he sounds.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

Just remember Lance, "it's not a lie if you believe it".

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com

Re: A Question Only [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

In absolute times yes, on a percentage basis not at all.

Re: USADA/Lance Armstrong File Official Thread [ericM35-39] [ In reply to ]

ericM35-39 wrote:
first of all, lie detectors are pseudo-science... but I'd be interested in anything in the literature that speaks to a sociopath's abilities to pass one when lying vs. a normal person's. Could be why he wants all the rest to take one too, although I don't understand the logic.

I'm starting to wonder if #7 really really thinks he's innocent.

I also wonder if that Hermann guy knows how stupid he sounds.

Yea it is BS that his lawyer said that. I would love them to take the test though and have them answer one question. "did you really stop doping in 2006?"

Prev Next