Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
Periodically during a TR session, my power will drop out completely for 5-10 sec then comes back on. Checked the power meter and according to the blinking lights, the pm is working fine. Anyone else have this issue in Trainerroad. It's a Quarq pm.

I would check for signal interference if something like that happens. It could be a router or microwave issue, or it could be something smaller like a keyboard or mouse. We've seen a lot.

A new battery might overpower the interference unless it's a microwave that's causing the interference.

There's some more info on that here: http://support.trainerroad.com/...2644-Device-Dropouts

and here: http://support.trainerroad.com/...g-WiFi-Interference-

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Does anybody know how to configure a garmin 500 to use with a quarq and trainerroad indoors ?
I can turn it on and it will display the watts but the timer does not run even if started so it does not log anything
and the ride basically has nothing in it when downloaded.

I am interested to know of the power can be logged and up loaded to strava.

thanks,

L
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [lennyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you hit the start button?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [lennyk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lennyk wrote:
Hi All,

Does anybody know how to configure a garmin 500 to use with a quarq and trainerroad indoors ?
I can turn it on and it will display the watts but the timer does not run even if started so it does not log anything
and the ride basically has nothing in it when downloaded.

I am interested to know of the power can be logged and up loaded to strava.

thanks,

L

Hey Lenny, are you having problems recording data on your Garmin or on TrainerRoad? You can pair your Quarq to both of them at the same time. To get TrainerRoad to start, just push the play button.

After your ride is done, you can download the data and upload it to Strava. Here's some more info on it: http://support.trainerroad.com/...les/201377754-Strava

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, was able to download the file from trainerroad and upload to strava.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate - any timeline on a version of TR that embeds the fix from Wahoo to control the Kickr from another power source? I will take a Beta :-) Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SpeedyChix [ In reply to ]
Re: Trainer road.com [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbrnut wrote:
Nate - any timeline on a version of TR that embeds the fix from Wahoo to control the Kickr from another power source? I will take a Beta :-) Thanks.

No, we still don't have that code available to us. I DID just talk to the Wahoo CEO and they are working on it and will give it to us as soon as it's production ready.

The good news is that once they release it to their Wahoo app you can setup your power source in their app and it WILL work in TR :). So you won't have to wait for an update from us to use it, you can set it up day one with Wahoo and it will flow into our app. Pretty neat!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Currently in week 2 of Traditional Base Mid Volume 1, riding based on power targets using a Quarq (calibrated before each ride), and have already noticed my HR (and RPE) lower to the point that I feel like I'm below Zone 2 (average 101 bpm for my most recent Virginia.) Thinking I should be trying to stay more in the 120-130 range, so was hoping for suggestions. Should I set base rides to be based on HR targets instead and ride whatever wattage I need to get to my HR target, or perhaps I should boost my FTP estimate (to stay with riding based on power) until my HR is back in the target range, or perhaps another approach? Is one approach preferable to another? Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My TOS workouts wouldn't sync with the server today. Sent an email to your crew, but assuming they can get them synced can they make sure I get the credit for the workouts in the Team even if it's outside of the a Stage window. No way I doing them again today :) Thanks!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ols wrote:
Currently in week 2 of Traditional Base Mid Volume 1, riding based on power targets using a Quarq (calibrated before each ride), and have already noticed my HR (and RPE) lower to the point that I feel like I'm below Zone 2 (average 101 bpm for my most recent Virginia.) Thinking I should be trying to stay more in the 120-130 range, so was hoping for suggestions. Should I set base rides to be based on HR targets instead and ride whatever wattage I need to get to my HR target, or perhaps I should boost my FTP estimate (to stay with riding based on power) until my HR is back in the target range, or perhaps another approach? Is one approach preferable to another? Many thanks.

have you done a FTP test in TR to set your TR FTP, or are you simply taking your known outdoor FTP and plugging it into TR?
i suggest retesting in TR, sort out what your TR FTP is, and then let it adjust all of the workouts for you.
this way you're not guessing at #'s and trying to line up HR.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [RONDAL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RONDAL wrote:
ols wrote:

have you done a FTP test in TR to set your TR FTP, or are you simply taking your known outdoor FTP and plugging it into TR?
i suggest retesting in TR, sort out what your TR FTP is, and then let it adjust all of the workouts for you.
this way you're not guessing at #'s and trying to line up HR.

Thanks for the thoughts. I did an indoor 20 minute FTP test (same trainer set-up, but not within TR) right before starting (fwiw, pretty much the same number I seem to start off at the beginning of each year.) For my first few TR workouts, HR was in the 120-130 range, so perhaps I messed up re-calibrating for the most recent ones with lower HR? In any event, I'm planning to do the next workout using HR targets rather than power (after re-calibrating again.) Once the workout gets recorded into Trainer Road, I'm hoping I can look at the power numbers to reverse engineer what FTP I should set to get my HR back into target range for the rest of Base 1... that's the plan anyway. The next Trainer Road FTP test is at the start of the Base 2 workout set, so that will hopefully sort out all the rest of the workouts from there forward.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thugbuster wrote:
My TOS workouts wouldn't sync with the server today. Sent an email to your crew, but assuming they can get them synced can they make sure I get the credit for the workouts in the Team even if it's outside of the a Stage window. No way I doing them again today :) Thanks!!!

Yup, you'll 100% get credit. No worries! Everything is saved locally so we can always grab the files manually.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ols wrote:

Great question, I'm having Coach Chad respond to this directly. He should be able to respond Monday.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thx Nate, my magnet was flipped, much better readings today and awesome product, thx again
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
Thx Nate, my magnet was flipped, much better readings today and awesome product, thx again

Thanks! :) Glad to hear it was just a flipped magnet.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In roughly two weeks time, I will have completed my 200th TrainerRoad workout. I think I read somewhere that TR awards 5 extra watts to your FTP when you reach that milestone?

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How far is your USB stick from the Power Meter? I had some issues when I first started in 2012, and I purchased a USB extended that I rest on a small table next to my bike, no issues since then

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Looks like it was something in my computer that was/is preventing the upload. Switched out the computer so I should be good to go for Stage 2. As long as your folks can sync up the workouts I sent them today I should be all good for the Tour. Will I get kicked out of the official group if the workouts aren't synced by the close of Stage 1?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I have not read the whole thread but I was after some help setting up my pain cave to use trainer road.

At the moment I have a PC running TR and it works fine, but I think the PC is dying so I would like to convert over to using iPhone/ipad.

I am a bit confused on how to set it up though. I have a powertap and an ant+ hrm so I would need a wahoo dongle for iPhone, but if I have that dongle in is there a way to transmit what is on the screen to the television screen?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Nate,

I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself but what order would you suggest for Stage 8 of TOS?Sufferfest Half is Easy andSufferfest Revolver
and Sufferfest Violator in that order? Also for the Team 2015 TOS, Violator video is not on the list.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Toolish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toolish wrote:
Sorry, I have not read the whole thread but I was after some help setting up my pain cave to use trainer road.

At the moment I have a PC running TR and it works fine, but I think the PC is dying so I would like to convert over to using iPhone/ipad.

I am a bit confused on how to set it up though. I have a powertap and an ant+ hrm so I would need a wahoo dongle for iPhone, but if I have that dongle in is there a way to transmit what is on the screen to the television screen?

I'm guessing you can transmit your iPhone/iPad to the tv via mirroring with an Apple TV device.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm around 2 months into TR with somewhere between 25 and 30 mostly base. I started with Traditional base, then moved to Sweet Spot Base and about a week I ago I switched to Build. Just tested for the second time today AND MY FTP IS UP 12 POINTS.

Good job Trainer Road!!! I'm hooked!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Toolish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toolish wrote:

You can use Apple TV to mirror the display. We're working on a custom Apple TV display so it takes up the whole screen even if you're in portrait on your phone.

For your setup, you'll also need a lighting to 30 pin adapter if your iPhone has a lighting plug.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Triguy2k] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triguy2k wrote:
Hi Nate,

I know I'm getting a little ahead of myself but what order would you suggest for Stage 8 of TOS?Sufferfest Half is Easy andSufferfest Revolver
and Sufferfest Violator in that order? Also for the Team 2015 TOS, Violator video is not on the list.

Thanks

The official ToS page says you should go Revolver, Violator, Half is Easy.
http://www.thesufferfest.com/tour-sufferlandria-2015/

To get that workout added, I'd post it in the team forum and ask the admin to add it. They should be able to get that in there. If the admin never responds let us know at support@trainerroad.com and we'll get it in there.

I feel bad just putting it in there without first asking the team admin directly, although I do feel that having that workout in the list would be in the spirit of the team :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next